X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting....

I havent had a chance to play much for the last couple of days due to rain and needing to work on the house but today.... it was somewhat nice out so I went and played Lakewood in Seattle. When I pulled up, only one car was there which was ooo cool because that park is usually soo busy. I did see a disc golfer walking around and we decided to hook up and play a round. He was much better then I but as we played, I thought "crap, I suck. It is a crappy day". Putts were having a hard time going in, drives not as good as I remember. We did keep score and when I came home, I entered my score into the excell file.

First time I played... I got +22

Second time I played, I got +28

This time I played, I got + 19

So I guess it wasent soo bad as I thought

I really like tracking scores. Reminds me that I am getting better.
    Last edited by Chef; November 5th, 2008, 04:17 PM.

Uh... yeah. Anytime you improve by 30 strokes in a round, you did good.

Have some cotton candy.

Keep it up!
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

30 strokes? Really? Do you work with numbers in your job, Sam? Please to be explaining that math to me...

Or was this a case of first post editing?
      TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Could be a case of first post editing . Was looking at Saris numbers.

You ever gonna email me back? I emailed you the other day. Are you ignoring your brother..... again???

Comment

Uh... yeah. Who do you think I am? George W. Bush?!

Chef pulled some shenanigans! I swear it said +47 and +48 before I posted...
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            Uh... yeah. Who do you think I am? George W. Bush?!
            Well, now that you mention it....

Comment

Right. I can see so many similarities.
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                I really like tracking scores. Reminds me that I am getting better.
                There is a website where you can track your scores for all the courses you play. It's pretty thorough, you can also see scores other people have posted for the courses you play, etc.

www.dgcoursereview.com

No more need to use icky excel.

-g

Comment

I was just about to suggest that site. I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Right. I can see so many similarities.
                    Well, I think W admits he's wrong about as often as you do.

JK, of course. Love ya!

Comment

During the first few years I played, I covered used envelopes with my hole scores, just small print lines of 18 numbers. I had so many bogies, double bogies, tripple bogies, and worse, there was no way I was going to remember my scores in my head. Finally, after about three years, all I had to remember were my several bogies and the occasional birdie or double/tripple bogie so I switched to keeping score in my head (or butt, or however that works). I kept/keep score just to see how my game is going. It's always been up and down, but the swings get smaller and the lows more consistant.
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X