Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dexter Bagtags

Wondering if there are any out there?
    Was talking with some fellow golfers last night and if they aren't out there I would be interested in running/helping get some going.

Was going to swing by the local office supply store and see if they could price some for me.

Maybe 3-5$
    After recoup of the tag cost:
    75% goes to payout/prizes
    25% to the local club (EDGC, CG, etc...)

Thoughts? Ideas? Comments?

I'd like to put something together soon, get in on some of this great weather to fire things up.
    A bit of brain storming:
    Maybe sell mid range numbers (30-70) and then at a local event have people drop their current number off and distribute the 1-30 tags according to score at that event?

All kinds of ideas.....

Maybe something along these lines:

just stopped at Staples:
    Luggage tags with lanyard... about 1.20 each if I set up sheets of business card size tags and have all the numbers plugged in.

Are there any other spots in Eugene/Springfield that might do better on price??

Comment

Bag tags are fun but . . .

While it's easy to make and sell these, it's can be tough to run a decent bag tag program. You need people to collect them before the events and hand them out afterwards. You also end up with a good percentage of the tags getting lost or the tagholders moving out of the area, so you need to replace them.

Then you have the problem of structuring payouts.

I'm not saying it can't be done or you shouldn't do this, it's just a lot of work to do well. This is why usually a club will take this on, not one or two people.

SOJ runs a very good (to my knowledge) bag tag program.

Another approach is setting up a disc golf ladder. The City of Eugene did this quite well (but interest dropped way off last year so they discontinued it).

Comment

Thanks for the words of wisdom Jim.

I've made 50 tags and will be toting them around, 5$ each.

EX:

1-10 are in color and will be handed out at the next local (Eugene/Cottage Grove) event

I'll try and get a sign up with some info and a payout structure posted on the board at Dexter, maybe somewhere on the web as well.

A number of folks mentioned they were interested in getting a tag and others interested in helping out. The easy part is done

Comment

I want one who are you?

Comment

Originally posted by DXTR_BgTg View Post

EX:

1-10 are in color and will be handed out at the next local (Eugene/Cottage Grove) event

I'll try and get a sign up with some info and a payout structure posted on the board at Dexter, maybe somewhere on the web as well.

A number of folks mentioned they were interested in getting a tag and others interested in helping out. The easy part is done
            Hey I'd like to get a tag and partake/help out with the program. Name's Ben and I play doubles/league but will be out of town for the next two weeks. Save one for me?

Comment

EX:

Sweet design. Get it on a disc!

And, go out to Dexter Handicap league Wednesdays at 6PM. That'd be a good launching pad.

Comment

Names David (Errington), met up with the Handi-League, I think the momentum followed through to my game (got a turkey and 2 additional birds in the round, still...uhhhg...3 over , but great time)

10 tags are out there so far and I set up a board on Disc Golf scene:
                http://www.discgolfscene.com/leagues...challenge_2010

Kevin "Cody" Jones will have some tags for sale on Sunday at the doubles at Dexter.

Thanks to everyone for the support and interest.....

Comment

Originally posted by Huk'nGeiks View Post
                  Hey I'd like to get a tag and partake/help out with the program. Name's Ben and I play doubles/league but will be out of town for the next two weeks. Save one for me?
                  you cant have one ben

Comment

We have a number of tags out there now, hoping to get everyone linked to the score board:
                    http://www.discgolfscene.com/leagues...challenge_2010

Some of the Westy guys bought tags and I did a terrible job of spell checking names and emails....
                    If anyone has info on them please forward it to me...just check the board...thanks

Comment

Just handed out 1-7 at last night s handicap league at Dexter...

Doing my best to track everything on the Disc golf scene web site.

Kind of need to pick an end date....ideas? Suggestions?

Through the end of the year?

Comment

looks like there is a lot of folks who like this happening, but very few who want to help.

Due to some unforeseen personal matters I am not going to be able to continue to support this bag tag challenge.

Those of you who have been kind and understanding : Thanks you!!
                        Those that have not: Now is your chance to put your efforts where your mouth is and to do it your way.

I am either:
                        A) going to turn the whole thing over to another individual (remaining tags, $$ minus the cost of the tags, any passwords/ records I have access to)
                        B) offer to refund the buy in minus the cost of the tag, then folks can keep the tags and play at will, there will be no final shebang or payout

Most tags have been sold, there are a few remaining, etc...etc...etc...blah...blah...blah...

not sure what to do, got too much else going on and am getting burned out. I won't be playing much golf and won't be active in the golf community for awhile. At this point I feel I should have heeded the warnings and just let it be.

I'll post the outcome of all this when it's been set in stone.

Comment

that sucks David, you did an awesome job and your effort should be applauded in trying to do so many things at once for disc golf in Eugene.
                          Boys! Boys! Nobody owns Cory and Trevor. -Bubbles

Comment

looks like there is a lot of folks who like this happening, but very few who want to help.

Due to some unforeseen personal matters I am not going to be able to continue to support this bag tag challenge.

Those of you who have been kind and understanding : Thanks you!!
                            Those that have not: Now is your chance to put your efforts where your mouth is and to do it your way.

I am either:
                            A) going to turn the whole thing over to another individual (remaining tags, $$ minus the cost of the tags, any passwords/ records I have access to)
                            B) offer to refund the buy in minus the cost of the tag, then folks can keep the tags and play at will, there will be no final shebang or payout

Most tags have been sold, there are a few remaining, etc...etc...etc...blah...blah...blah...

not sure what to do, got too much else going on and am getting burned out. I won't be playing much golf and won't be active in the golf community for awhile. At this point I feel I should have heeded the warnings and just let it be.

I'll post the outcome of all this when it's been set in stone.
                            David, we need you in the Disc Golf Community and people like you who are willing to step up and help make a difference. What ever is going on, if you need to take a break by all means do it, but come out when you can and continue to do what you can. If you need to talk, shoot me a mesg. and we can talk. What ever I can do to help, just let me know.

Hang in there buddy!
                            Bob

Comment

Bag tag finals

Bag tags will end around Jan 2011. My plan is to have a one round final tag challenge. Pay out to the top 10 scores of the round. I'm working on getting some sort of trophy for the person holding tag #1 at the beginning of finals. None of this is set in stone. I'm open to suggestion and volunteers.

Let's get it on
                              Ian Sepkovic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X