X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakewood or Terrace Creek?

I'm going to Seattle this weekend for Seahawks game Sun., but driving up Saturday.....leaving the perfect chance to check out a new course. Which course would you recommend: Lakewood, or Terrace Creek? Feel free to include the reasons....Thanks!

Lakewood is nice with some nice long wholes but it can get pretty busy with players and public folks. Why not try SeaTac? Or even white river?

Comment

Terrace is my home course, but I'd recommend Lakewood (I'd recommend SeaTac above both of them, but that's my own opinion). Lakewood can get a bit crowded (it's our equivalent to Pier, in terms of popularity, I'd say), but it's a nice setting. It was once a little ball golf course in a former life, and retains that same kind of feeling. Terrace is rugged, and has some good holes, but it's undergone some changes lately. What is now Hole 18 (formerly 17), the signature hole, a top of the world ~70' elevation shot, has been dramatically shortened for the time being. A lot of people would stop through just so they could play that hole, but its now just a really high dinker shot.
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Dang...I wanted to play Terrace creek because it is close to Bothel where I am staying.....maybe I will play both. I have played SeaTac and agree that it is long, tough, and well worth playing, but I want to check out a new course. Thanks for the input! Any other courses in north Seattle worth playing? Is White River really worth checking out?

Comment

Well, if you're in the neighborhood, Terrace is definitely worth stopping by, and the best course to go to in the vicinity of Bothell. I was under the impression that you could only pick one to play, if you have the opportunity to play both, then by all means, do it! And yes, White River is definitely worth checking out. It doesn't have much in terms of elevation, but it's got some good holes, two sets of pads, alt. pin placements on some holes. In N. Seattle, North Park is about the only other option besides Terrace, but you really need to hit it at the right time (before 4pm on weekdays) before it becomes an absolute cluster****.

Comment

Cool. I am going to play Terrace creek for sure, but if I can get the wife out of bed early enough, we can stop at Lakewood on the way up! Thanks again for the info!

Comment

Right on. When are you in the area? I can join up with you for a round if I'm here (going back east for vacation soon)--even if I'm not around though, you'll want a guide, it's easy to get confused on our course.

Comment

I really enjoyed Lakewood when I played it three years ago...

And golf with Tim if you can. That's good people right there.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I played Lakewood a couple of weeks ago for the first time with Andrew (Cefire). It's a great course, but definitely helps to have a guide on that one, but worth the trip.
                  Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                  PDGA #37890
                  Stumptown #157
                  ODW TDG 10-11
                  3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    Right on. When are you in the area? I can join up with you for a round if I'm here (going back east for vacation soon)--even if I'm not around though, you'll want a guide, it's easy to get confused on our course.
                    That would be awesome if you want to meet up. Coming from Portland, leaving approx. 9AM this Saturday. I should be able to reach Lakewood by 12PM. If that works, I would definitely like to play a round with you! PM me with your phone # if you will be around and let me know how long it takes you to get there so I can call you around Tacoma.

Comment

D-walk: want to get together sometime and play lakewood?

Comment

Next time I make it back up that way definitely. Unfortunately I am down in PDX.
                        Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                        PDGA #37890
                        Stumptown #157
                        ODW TDG 10-11
                        3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

If you play Terrace, be sure to take a guide. You'll never survive all of the wacky walk-outs without one, espcially after all of the recent changes.

Lakewood is much easier to follow, especially if you take a map.

Both courses are great, and are very different. Terrace has some tricky shots, lots of shule, lots 'o danger. It also has one of my favorite holes - #3.

Lakewood is slightly easier. There is definately trouble to be had, but the challeges are more subtle. It is an absolutely gorgeous course, and for the most part impecably groomed. A great walk in the park.

Comment

Is that the new #3?
                            I like that shot too. It's a make it or break it shot
                            Plus #17 is quite a good throw too.

Comment

Nice Avitar!!!

I am going to play Terrace creek for sure. Tim...are you in town and do you want to meet at Terrace creek around 1PM?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X