X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole 18 at Williamette

Anyone know the distance of the long placement? I can't seem to find anything on it.

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
    Anyone know the distance of the long placement? I can't seem to find anything on it.
    At the WOX the sign on hole 18 said pin C (longest position closest to the practice basket) was 446 feet. I put my drive between the last two trees in front of the basket and barely missed the 50' putt for birdie.

Easily my best drive on that hole!
    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Come on, Bruce... tell us why you want to know.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Was just curious after over driving it is all. Nothing major.

Comment

Now not to take anything away from Jordan's great drive but the original listed measurements have the A position (long) on hole 18 at 389'

For reference the 5 longest holes at Willamette in order with their original measurements (Measuring wheel?).

Hole 3 right - 453'
          Hole 1 left - 432'
          Hole 18 long - 389'
          Hole 17 long - 359'
          Hole 5 right - 357'

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Pittman View Post
            Now not to take anything away from Jordan's great drive but the original listed measurements have the A position (long) on hole 18 at 389'

For reference the 5 longest holes at Willamette in order with their original measurements (Measuring wheel?).

Hole 3 right - 453'
            Hole 1 left - 432'
            Hole 18 long - 389'
            Hole 17 long - 359'
            Hole 5 right - 357'
            Maybe I read the sign wrong, but there were 3 pin placements for hole 18: 2 straight and one off to the right. I THOUGHT that the sign called them:
            A - shorter straight pin placement between last two trees on left
            B - rightmost pin placement
            C - longer straight pin placement past the last two trees on left.
            I may have the A,B & C confused but I am pretty sure that the longest distance on the sign at WOX said 446. How that number was derived: laser sight, walking wheel or serious bong session, I do not know. That is what I remember from WOX so take that with a grain of salt too. But after my best drive ever on that hole I did pay more attention to the sign than usual.

Comment

I'm sure you read the WOX tee sign correctly. I was referring to the course map Kenny made circa 2002 that does have all three placements for #18 and where the long left placement is labeled A. I believe a walking wheel was used to measure the original hole lengths, however only one length is on the original tee signs and the course scorecards.
              I gathered together a crack staff and sent them out to investigate this matter...

Comment

I gathered together a crack staff and sent them out to investigate this matter...
                And this is why the internet is an awesome thing!

But maybe the team should lay off the crack until the investigation is over though...

Comment

I should know better than to second guess Dave on anything relating to mid-valley disc golf but I believe 18 is a bit longer than that. I measured it on google earth using the ruler feature and from the front of the pad to the right placement came in at 395, it's harder to see the long but where I think it is was about 435.

For those of you that don't trust satellite images to give accurate distances you can usually check the accuracy for an area by using a local football field. I measured the field at Reser to be 298ft from end zone to end zone, so it appears to be 99% accurate in the corvallis area. Unfortunately you can only use this method in areas where the tee pads aren't covered by trees and there is a little circle of warn away ground around the basktet so it is pretty limited.......

Comment

Sorry about all this Jordan as word has come back from the crack staff.
                    389' was the distance to the deep left placement originally and is the distance on the original tee sign and scorecards. However the tee pad was moved back ~50' (2003) so 446' and the other measurements should be pretty accurate.

David

Comment

Sorry about all this Jordan as word has come back from the crack staff.
                      389' was the distance to the deep left placement originally and is the distance on the original tee sign and scorecards. However the tee pad was moved back ~50' (2003) so 446' and the other measurements should be pretty accurate.

David
                      Sounds like the staff have earned their crack!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                        By estimations its just over four hundred. Slightly uphill. 415' maybe? Sorry its not exact.
                        Team DISCRAFT
                        NW Sign Up
                        Gorilla Boy
                        Paragon Disc Golf
                        Odwalla

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X