X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Questions....

Sorry for all the questions.... just trying to learn!

1) how do you shoot up hill and handle the "up" part?
    2) how do you shoot down hill and handle the "down" part?
    3) when shooting up shots (mid range shots??), do you keep your eye on the target while doing the pull back and forward with your arm?

1 & 2) Throw flat and follow the lay of the land.
    3) I don't. I work on watching my stroke and where it is. Since I get my power from my reach back and pull through, I put most of my concentration on my form, especially on uphill shots. I think this helps me more than anything to not sky my uphills. Downhills are easy to sky as well. Throwing downhill seems easy to me now, but it didn't always. Almost anything that goes wrong with almost any shot I make is usually traceable to trying to get too much on it.

Styles make discers. In any of these things, you'll have to find what works for you.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Try using a more understable disc for uphill shots.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
        Sorry for all the questions.... just trying to learn!

1) how do you shoot up hill and handle the "up" part?
        2) how do you shoot down hill and handle the "down" part?
        3) when shooting up shots (mid range shots??), do you keep your eye on the target while doing the pull back and forward with your arm?
        1. Throw up the incline and concentrate on keeping the nose down. I like to throw a fast disc on an uphill shot to take advantage of the disc's penetration but that is a matter of preference.

2. I may throw downward depending on the degree of the slope. The key for me on a downhill shot is to use a disc with neutral stability, since if you get a disc flying downhill either turned over or fading out it can go a long way off target.

3. Yes, whenever possible.
        Last edited by Eric Olson; October 26th, 2008, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X