X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting more distance=fluid throwing.

I've been on the hunt for more distance. I was at white river yesturday playin a $ round. My competition parked 17 blue. I then threw my 167 star boss telling my self not to be out-thrown(sike-up). I passed the pin and stoped 10 feet behind it. What i was told was that my entire throw was so fluid like. I have been trying to use a 4 step drive but its difficult to keep it under control. Any pointers on a 4 step-up drive?
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Any time I want to make any kind of change to my run-up, I go to a field and work on doing the run up very slowly, working the speed up. Changing something like a run-up that uses your whole body might be tough on the course where you have distractions like trees or others in your group.
    PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
    dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

I've got two words for you. "Slow down"

You have to work speed slowly into your game. Smooth is far, but if you are moving to fast and not allowing all parts of your body to sink up, you won't be throwing smoothly.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I keep tryin to replay the throw in my mind. I do feel like I put less power/arm into it. I wish I had some pix of my foot work. It felt so right and smooth. I have been getting to 16 red at white river and within 50 feet of 14 red as well. Definetly going to white river tomorow and get some hole 17 time. Nice and open.
        1 thing thats strange is my even stable plastic flips under so fast now with my "power" drive. Mabe its that I'm thinking their like my boss- way over stable. I gota get the camera out and get some pix.
        I have an idea I'm gona throw just off the pad to the right. This way I can see where my feet are in steps!!
        Hukin since 1992
        DGOD #115

Comment

If you get some good pictures Mikk I would like to see them, maybe I can offer some more input for you. And not being familiar with White River, any idea what those distances are like?

Comment

i know blue 17 is about 420 to front pin placement. blue 15 is about 375 or so. red 14 is close to same distance give or take a few feet. but what makes 14 and 15 are the pin placements

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X