Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I have a tazer and a pistol? Please, huh, huh, can I, puhlease? And a badge too, okay? C'mon, puhlease???? Oh, and a truncheon and cuffs, huh, huh???
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
      Can I have a tazer and a pistol?

"Don't taze me man. Don't taze me!"
      Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

Then submit to the bag search.

Comment

Then submit to the bag search.
          Okay, okay. Here take my Lightning #1 Helix. It's horrid I know.

Comment

haha i love the internet

Comment

As a Steily local, let me make it clear that I donít support the idea of bag searches.

Can the club refuse the use of the land to players that donít voluntarily submit their bag to be searched? Itís fine if you donít want your bag searched, youíll just have to turn around and go somewhere else. Like going to a concert or getting on a plane, you donít have to get searched but if you donít, your agenda must change.

Does the clubs lease on the land give them the legal right to refuse service to anyone for any reason? Who would make the call? Club President? Club Board Members? Current card holding club members? How could it be enforced? What if we were searching for guns, knives, pruning shears, spray paint, lock cutters, or outside food and drink? Would any of these searches be acceptable? Guns and knives if weíve been having a lot of bloody mob riots on hole 15? Pruning shears and spray paint if people have been manipulating or marking up the course? Outside food and drink if the club has been losing money to the local Am/Pm?

If I ran a course on private land instead of leased government land, would it be my responsibility to provide a safe environment (especially if I were trying to get local schools to adopt disc golf activities, and this course was the only place I could tell them to send their students)? I think it would be my responsibility to provide a safe environment; I just donít know if I should hire a private security team or call the local boys in blue.

I will drive far far away from my home course before I willingly subject myself to a bag search. But if every course did something like this, I would submit before giving up disc golf.

Mike
              WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

I manage a private course and have had a disc stolen out of my front yard. I confronted the leader of the only group it could have been the next time they were here, and he denied it. I returned a few discs they had lost here and continued inquiring about about that particular disc. Miracle of miracles, he found it "in his kid's bag" (and discdogs got his driver back). Funny, the kid wasn't here the day that one disappeared. But the red Club Mud Avair from the loaner box that the kid used the last time he'd been here was never seen again.

All in all, we only get a few of them apples here. I'd like to have the authority to taze the guys who toss their ciggy butts. If I was a doctor, I could call it, "aversion therapy."
                Last edited by Ol' Bob; April 9th, 2010, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rideout View Post
                  As a Steily local, let me make it clear that I donít support the idea of bag searches.

Can the club refuse the use of the land to players that donít voluntarily submit their bag to be searched? Itís fine if you donít want your bag searched, youíll just have to turn around and go somewhere else. Like going to a concert or getting on a plane, you donít have to get searched but if you donít, your agenda must change.

Does the clubs lease on the land give them the legal right to refuse service to anyone for any reason? Who would make the call? Club President? Club Board Members? Current card holding club members? How could it be enforced? What if we were searching for guns, knives, pruning shears, spray paint, lock cutters, or outside food and drink? Would any of these searches be acceptable? Guns and knives if weíve been having a lot of bloody mob riots on hole 15? Pruning shears and spray paint if people have been manipulating or marking up the course? Outside food and drink if the club has been losing money to the local Am/Pm?

If I ran a course on private land instead of leased government land, would it be my responsibility to provide a safe environment (especially if I were trying to get local schools to adopt disc golf activities, and this course was the only place I could tell them to send their students)? I think it would be my responsibility to provide a safe environment; I just donít know if I should hire a private security team or call the local boys in blue.

I will drive far far away from my home course before I willingly subject myself to a bag search. But if every course did something like this, I would submit before giving up disc golf.

Mike
                  some great points, and i would beleive that a person (or club) might have the right(depending on lease agreement) to deny access to the leased property. if that is the case and somebody will not leave or is destructive/problematic, then proper way to enforce it is by calling in the local authourities (police). if the club starts trying to enforce things, i can deffinately see the potential for some fist fights or worse, by calling in the police the club wouldnt be put in a bad situation and are legaly in the clear.

I dont think the club or any individual citizen has the right to search anybody for anything(even weapons). once again that would have to be done by law enforcement, but they still need a reason to be searching a person in the first place.

If it was a privately owned course on private property, you still dont have the right to search somebody, but you can tell them straight up to get off your property and you dont need any reason for that.
                  Team HOSER:dancing:
                  Team OLY:cheerleader:
                  Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by Rideout View Post
                    What if we were searching for guns, knives, pruning shears, spray paint, lock cutters, or outside food and drink?
                    Hmm... that could certainly help out at Pier. Also checking for drugs and alcohol, and dogs on leashes.

Comment

On another note...

The rescue operation was successful this morning at Pier. I got the grate off the water drain and pulled a Champion Spider out. It is James Lewismoss' and I left a message on his phone. Problem is he lives in South Carolina from what I can find out on PDGA, so I don't know if I can afford to ship it out there at the moment.

Comment

It's ~$2 to ship a disc. Though, if James really wants it, it'd be cool of him to send you a SASE. One of the first discs I ever returned was to a guy in several hundred miles away. I recovered it from some other guy that had found it, and sent it back to its owner, at my expense. Never even got a thank you for it. Harumph.
                        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Can I have a tazer and a pistol?
                          go ahead i dare u to taze me. it just might be what i need to get my head stright(for the first time).. ooo and here is my disc bag go ahead and search ( just don't mind the stash and my glass)

Comment

Originally posted by Ode View Post
                            theres been talk before about doing bag check days. we would gather club members in club shirts and check peoples bags on the first hole. as long as we make sure not to discriminate against kids and let them know that this is for their benefit as well as ours and tell them that it is not good to keep found plastic, it think its a great idea. i know im still looking for a few discs that i would kill to get back. it really only takes a newbie loosing their favorite disc for most of them to learn that returning discs is the right thing to do.
                            Would you and the members of your crew be subject to my bag search? Before you object I would explain that it's for your own benefit. I might also take all your keys and look in your cars to see what's hiding.

I have experience with confronting someone who was playing with a disc that I lost six months prior. It was a very distictive disc with my name and number still on it. He was a fairly new player and said **** gave it to him because it would be good for his level of play. The giver of said disc is and experienced player who plays in tournaments and might even be on this site. Whether you get a call or not when you lose a disc has more to do with the morality of the person than how many years of disc golf they have logged in.

Comment

As 'twas ever thus, anyone who wants the job of cop will likely be the worst possible person in that position. Same goes for wanna-be course cops. Now, where's that badge and tazer for me?

Comment

As 'twas ever thus, anyone who wants the job of cop will likely be the worst possible person in that position. Same goes for wanna-be course cops. Now, where's that badge and tazer for me?
                                i think you sir would make a great rent-a-cop . and u can't taz someone u can't catch....hahaha

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X