X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ode View Post
    theres been talk before about doing bag check days. we would gather club members in club shirts and check peoples bags on the first hole. as long as we make sure not to discriminate against kids and let them know that this is for their benefit as well as ours and tell them that it is not good to keep found plastic, it think its a great idea. i know im still looking for a few discs that i would kill to get back. it really only takes a newbie loosing their favorite disc for most of them to learn that returning discs is the right thing to do.
    What could possibly go wrong?
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

theres been talk before about doing bag check days. we would gather club members in club shirts and check peoples bags on the first hole. as long as we make sure not to discriminate against kids and let them know that this is for their benefit as well as ours and tell them that it is not good to keep found plastic, it think its a great idea. i know im still looking for a few discs that i would kill to get back. it really only takes a newbie loosing their favorite disc for most of them to learn that returning discs is the right thing to do.

How could you possibly think this is was ok what an envasion of privacy. If it were me I would turn around, and leave the course before I would allow anyone to search my bag. Then I would be sure to never have anything to do with said club. Some sort of education program like having the same club memebers at the course informing people how the process of returning found plastic works, and how it benifits them I think would be much better.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
        I'm guessing the shirts are brown? Snazzy armbands? "It's for your own good, folks...board the train right over here."
        Though I would admit that my initial thoughts where quite parallel to this, c'mon, this is a different day and time. Better we take anyone possessing a suspicious disc (not to mention any item of contraband) in their bags), or anyone who might decide to refuse these necessary security inspections, aboard a secret flight to secondary national jurisdiction where these suspects might be questioned without outmoded constraints. It should be easy, within a year or two, to determine what they were up to, or anything of a security threat nature they may have been concealing. After the process has played itself out, they will surely see the wisdom of our actions. If they had nothing to hide, they never had a thing to fear.

And may God bless America.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Okay, lets get back on track.

I was out at Pier yesterday when I walked down to the circle on #11 and saw a new Huk Lab champion Monarch(?) down at the basket. I checked the group behind me and the big group throwing off at #13 before picking up the disc and finding NO NAME OR NUMBER!!! About that time one of the guys in front of me starts running up from #12 to the tee on #11 and so I ask him if he is missing something. Its his disc and I remind him to write his name on it.

On another note, I almost lost one of my aviars to the water drain by the practice basket at Pier. While saving it I noticed another disc down in the drain, far from reach. I attempted to retrieve with a long stick, but no luck. I am planning a rescue mission tomorrow. Do you know anybody that has lost one down there?
          Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

Originally posted by George A.
            how would you know if they were stollen? would you just figure it was stollen?

I would know it by its deliciousness. Mmmm stollen...brings me back to Christmastime in Wisconsin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stollen

Comment

wow did this topic get wierd. anyway I do like the disc swap meet. Might find some cool "old skool" plastic to trade for!!
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

Comment

I would know it by its deliciousness. Mmmm stollen...brings me back to Christmastime in Wisconsin.

Great Harvest up on 25th and Willamette makes a great stollen around the holidays...with rum sauce. Or they did when I worked there.
                Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Geez, this sure brought out the fruitcakes.
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                    Geez, this sure brought out the fruitcakes.
                    ::BADUMP CHISH::
                    Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

And in Minnesota, come January, ve use the leftofers to bash holes in da ice so the eelpouts can breathe!

Comment

bad boys, bad boys, whatcha' gonna do, whatcha' gonna do when they come for you...

ok no police please... I would hate for an inspection to reveal some really private stuff... heh

I still think there should be a master lost and found list. People email one person on lost and returned discs and the one person or several moderators w access to the same email address can update the database on a weekly basis based on lost and returned discs. Just have an excel program concept, have; name and type of disc, ink on it, location and date found, and how to get this disc back. Mods just update the database to keep it up to date heh. Once a disc has been on the list for more than 90 days, then the owner can say it's theirs now because they posted it on a well known lost and found list?

Comment

steily is leased from the county by the club and the club therefore has additional authority within the course. im not saying this means we can or will do anything, but this means the law may be/?is? on our side in such a case

Comment

steily is leased from the county by the club and the club therefore has additional authority within the course. im not saying this means we can or will do anything, but this means the law may be/?is? on our side in such a case
                            I guarantee this “Additional Authority” DOES NOT include invading people’s personal privacy.
                            Throw What You Know.
                            "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                            PDGA# 45989

Comment

this would be like if i was leasing a storefront for a business and then searching every customer that came in. the club doesnt have ANY rights to search people or their possesions period.
                              Team HOSER:dancing:
                              Team OLY:cheerleader:
                              Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

I'm sure the County would therefore love to hear that your club was using it's additional authority to get dressed in identical shirts and make people show you their papers...er discs. After the first three letters to the editor they'll be instantly renewing your lease for the next hundred years.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X