Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    ...nothing new at any rate)
    I would guess it portrays a particular point along the time-line of a given society. No one would write such a thing when the culture is not in decline. No one would think to.

It was a fun empire while it lasted. Let us hope the Revolution doesn't outlaw disc golf. The forces of reaction are usually a bit clumsy.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

No one would write such a thing when the culture is not perceived to be in decline.
      Fixed that for ya.

Someone ALWAYS thinks the culture is in decline. Darn kids...
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Sorry about all that perceiving. I'll try to keep that in check.

Wouldn't the whole point of the dummying down be to corrupt the ability to perceive? With that much accomplished, those with any level of perception needn't apply for any position save Court Jester.
        Last edited by Ol' Bob; April 7th, 2010, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I just got to thinking that it is probably a rare hunter/gatherer society, when untouched by modern Euro-centric empire culture, that has the kinds of uppity kids that make one bemoan them as illustrated above. Am I hopelessly naive to believe there might be ways to live upon this earth in a general widespread satisfaction?

Koyaanisqatsi: Look it up.

Comment

I think the whole problem is based on what course you play and what type of people tend to inhibit the course. Downriver and Highbridge both have netted me lots of returns on my discs (a couple of bad situations too). Nowhere near as many as I've lost but then again a few of those discs have to be lost in a crazy lost dimension.

As for places like Corbin Park, where there is disc golf plus a bunch of other things happening at the same time, the return rate will drop. I've had discs stolen as I'm walking to where they should be. I've seen people purposely circle the park waiting for somebody to bomb one in the road so that they can snag it. Not to mention people who don't even know what a disc golf disc is, walking along and saying 'Wow, somebody just left this weird thing on the ground? Looks like a dog toy to me'.

Reminding people of what you should do when you find a disc is great. Making sure that same person does that and informs the people they get hooked on the sport is a little harder. As for random arseholes, well, thats just gonna be a problem. Can't change jerks into nice guys. But you can change a nice guy into a jerk.
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Thank God I'm a country boy!

Comment

theres been talk before about doing bag check days. we would gather club members in club shirts and check peoples bags on the first hole. as long as we make sure not to discriminate against kids and let them know that this is for their benefit as well as ours and tell them that it is not good to keep found plastic, it think its a great idea. i know im still looking for a few discs that i would kill to get back. it really only takes a newbie loosing their favorite disc for most of them to learn that returning discs is the right thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by loocid
                  Speaking of missing CE, I still have a blue 155 Leopard, found at Trojan last summer- the name is 'Anne Schagen'.

It also has a faded and crossed out name that looks like Keith Gatt or Gall?

Called on it and posted on the lost and found thread months ago, but still no response. I'd put it in my bag for kicks, (don't have any CE of my own) but afraid I'd run into her on the course and get beat up

You made the effort. 3 months is plenty of wait time put it in your bag throw it.
                  "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ode View Post
                    theres been talk before about doing bag check days. we would gather club members in club shirts and check peoples bags on the first hole. as long as we make sure not to discriminate against kids and let them know that this is for their benefit as well as ours and tell them that it is not good to keep found plastic, it think its a great idea. i know im still looking for a few discs that i would kill to get back. it really only takes a newbie loosing their favorite disc for most of them to learn that returning discs is the right thing to do.
                    to me this seems way out of line. its a public course and even though a "club" is resposible for maintaining the course, they can not start being the "disc police" out there. even a police officer can not just walk up to me and search my belonings without cause to. so the local club has no right to impose a search comitee on everybody that comes to play.
                    Team HOSER:dancing:
                    Team OLY:cheerleader:
                    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                      to me this seems way out of line. its a public course and even though a "club" is resposible for maintaining the course, they can not start being the "disc police" out there. even a police officer can not just walk up to me and search my belonings without cause to. so the local club has no right to impose a search comitee on everybody that comes to play.
                      I agree while this may seem like a good idea it will come back to bite you.
                      You donít need to be a Supreme Court Judge to see this violates the Constitution of the U.S. Something about the having the right from unreasonable searches and seizures I believe.
                      Why not have a disc swap meet instead where people can show what they have and you can look for "lost" discs.
                      Throw What You Know.
                      "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                      PDGA# 45989

Comment

theres been talk before about doing bag check days.
                        Only in this post-9/11 world would we even consider such an invasion of privacy.
                        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I'm guessing the shirts are brown? Snazzy armbands? "It's for your own good, folks...board the train right over here."

Comment

Or you could ask them, "Hey that looked like a really neat disc, what was it?" or something to that effect.
                            Throw What You Know.
                            PDGA# 45989

Comment

This

is a bad idea. I wonder if you can guess what my response would be if I saw some douche trying to inspect bags without a TSA patch on his shoulder?
                              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                                This

is a bad idea. I wonder if you can guess what my response would be if I saw some douche trying to inspect bags without a TSA patch on his shoulder?
                                or something to that effect.
                                Throw What You Know.
                                PDGA# 45989

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X