X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    But eventually the number of rotten eggs will go down with the growth of the sport...
    Nope. The ratio of normal people/rotten eggs will remain the same. The number of rotten eggs will actually increase proportionally to the size of the game.
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

sheesh... all this nasty talk of stealin' and thievin' makes me want to just go back to my private little course with it's old school copper pins where i know everyone and they know me and no one steals and we all love eachother...

... and where none of us know nothin' 'bout ce firebirds...

peace,
      em
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
        Nope. The ratio of normal people/rotten eggs will remain the same. The number of rotten eggs will actually increase proportionally to the size of the game.
        pessimist... heh...

Comment

Nope again- that's realism. Pessimism is a different ballgame.
          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Nope again- that's realism. Pessimism is a different ballgame.
            I had to share this quote after seeing this.

"No, I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world shits on everybody. Pretending it ain't shit makes you an idiot, not an optimist."

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...3485280?ref=ts
            Current World Rank: 2857th
            Lowest Rated Round: 777
            Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
            Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
            Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
            Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
            Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
            Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

As bleak a prediction as that is, its true. Actually, there's a possibility that the ratio of dirtbags could disproportionately increase as the sport grows.

On a more positive note, as the sport increases in popularity, it may become more feasible for more private/pay to play courses to spring up, where I'd imagine you'd have less of the ne'er-do-wells to deal with.
              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I try to play with noobs to teach them the way. Some won't get the idea but most will. There fore I'm an optimist cuz I don't like poo!!
                Hukin since 1992
                DGOD #115

Comment

You seem pretty young so this was inspiring to hear from you - lead by example, gently show the right way, and distance yourself from the douchebags.

Kudos!

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
                  I try to play with noobs to teach them the way. Some won't get the idea but most will. There fore I'm an optimist cuz I don't like poo!!

Comment

i dont think the amount of "rotten eggs" will increase with the amount of people playing getting larger. as long as we all do our part in showing the noobies how karma works in disc golf. when you find a disc, it IS NOT yours, it is simply trying to find its way home.

Comment

I am one of the few people who likes to just go disc golfing and since most of the time I will be alone or with one other person, I will ask to join other people or I will just join them anyways. I am not picky if they suck realllly bad or if they are really good. I played with josh anthon one round, the next with 3 guys who were new.. doesn't matter to me, but I try to curb any behavior that is not good to the game. One thing I am well known for is my over dramatic body language when I see trash on the ground near garbage cans or like there's 20 people standing right there with a huge plastic bag rolling around them and none of them pick it up, they get the idea, pick the stuff up! As for rotten eggs, we just gotta do our best to curb it, although some of us are more aggressive and others just stand there and too scared to say something...

Comment

I'm a disc voyeur, and when I see someone who appears new to the game throwing a CE disc or some other rare/collector disc I will try to eyeball it even closer... sometimes I'll ask to check it out, and several times I have recovered a friend's disc-- it's been a few years since I've seen one of mine being throw by a perp... just got Snooskie Longhorn's green Augusta Wrath back the other day at North Park(couldn't really fault the guy since it only had a pdga # on it-- he didn't even know what the number was for).

Sometimes I wonder where all of these lost/ un-returned discs go... if somebody was out there throwing my ChUcK dyed(eagles on) CE Eagle(s), or the orc that he dyed palm trees, sunset, and ACE across the top for me, or my blue CE leopard that I miss so dearly... surely somebody I know would have noticed the disc(s) sticking out like a sore thumb and confiscated the stolen goods... let's all be more diligent in getting discs returned to their rightful owners.

At North Park, it's easy to spot a disc/player that don't match... but I seem to have an eye for it-- I've confiscated quite a few 'stolen' discs over the years, and most of them have been CE, because those are the ones that catch your eye... I spotted Ben's Augusta Wrath from 150' last week, and knew immediately that it didn't belong to the guy holding it.
                        I asked him if he had found the disc... "In my buddy's bag, it's his", he tells me... I ask to check it out, and sure as heck, it's my friend's disc.

I've done the 4-5 discs for a CE disc many times, (often after inspecting/inquiring about newb's said disc) but I always make sure that the disc isn't stolen/not returned.
                        Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
                          You seem pretty young so this was inspiring to hear from you - lead by example, gently show the right way, and distance yourself from the douchebags.

Kudos!
                          Definitly no greenhorn here. I've been chuckin plastic sence 1992. If we don't take the time to show the ropes then we get slackers who don't care. We the golfers for life are responsible (partly) for how this game plays out. Most of us are playin everyday and are seen by newbs/younger players. These people DO watch what we are doin. People will litter-crap- on the course and take discs. I have been playin with noobs at auburn/white river for 5 years now and have a good reputation. Most other newer players tell the noobs to ask me for guidence and mabe a disc cuz I give the old ones away. I try to show the way. Please don't litter. Please return a waywerd disc if you find it. Yell FORE if you shag a drive even if you don't see a body down wind. These are the things the pro's who took their time and showed me the way. What makes me pissed off is seeing an ol-salt of the game pocketting a disc thats not theirs cuz its "worth something". There should be a wall of shame or something.
                          I have taken discs from slackers with MY name on them and my friends as well. It happens. Don't be a jerk unless jerkey-ness is thrown down. I have been known to be loud and nasty to some.
                          Keep the faith of thy plastic and slam not unto trees!!! I don't realy care for plastic tacos..eeeewwwww
                          Hukin since 1992
                          DGOD #115

Comment

thats not true... but whatever. according to statistics it will stay the same. forever. the only thing that changes is how you perceive it.

Comment

Two pennies' worth from an old fart: Attitudes have continued to shift throughout the U.S. population over the attentive period of my lifetime. I suspect the greater influence of teevee and the falling level of a quality, broad-based, public educational environment. What has been called, "the dummying down of the American people," is showing its effect over time. I expect, that unless there is reversal of this imposed trend, the rotten eggs are rife to increase. Is it Nature or Nurture? I'm convinced it's mostly Nurture, and until that part of the problem is seen to, it will only get worse.
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they allow disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children now are tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers." — Socrates

(not really by Socrates, but it usually gets attributed to him, and the sentiment is nothing new at any rate)
                                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X