Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release comes with experience. Just release before you start your follow through. That answer is dumb but I am not sure how to explain release.
    It comes with time the more comfortable you get with your discs the easier it will become. I was taught to have the disc release itself, don't let go of it let it come out of your hand while still applying preasure. This will also create spin, or snap. Not sure if I answered but just be patient and learn as you go.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

My advice about release is don't!
      Okay that sounds weird but bear with me... Basically the best advice i've heard is your grip should be at it absolute tightest at your point of release and the momentum of your "pull" should rip the disc from your hand.
      One thing that I worked on with Buck a lot was the idea that in your throw you should be relaxed right up until the very last second to try to transfer the most possible spin to the disk.
      Spin is what makes a disc glide and ride the air... giving it it's aerodynamic characteristics.

Comment

I just want everyone to have the best possible disc golf experience. For lots of people, winning is the motivation. I can't do anything about that. My motivation is in improving, or even just trying to improve. I can't lose because I'm not worried about winning. This is the best sport I've found to satisfy my motivations. My improvements have taken a very long time. My setbacks have been sudden. My best score was over two years ago, before I perminently injured myself with one bad form mistake. I have been forced to do more with less, and my scores are getting close to what they were. I just hope I can keep doing this for a long time more.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I went out and practiced driving this evening. This time, I did a straight pull back and forward. I loosed up a the pull back and then gripped hard and fast toward the release. Distance, I thought improved. I did shoot some in the air (hyzer I think they are called). I think I just need to release a little earlier.

Comment

If you can make it to the hobbit huck I would be glad to work with you. For starters I can give you a few pointers that will help you a great deal in the long run. Assuming you are driving around 300 feet max use an understable disc as your distance driver. If you don't have one I will bring you a couple at the huck if you can make it. Think valk, sidewinder, road runner or surge ss. You also need a teebird I I will bring you one of those as well. When you drive hold the disc in you primary hand with your body 90 degrees to your target, turn your lead shoulder 15-35 degrees past 90 with your disc straightened in line with your target. At this point you should be able to draw a line from your wrist to your elbow to your should to your target that is perfectly straight. When you pull your disc forward it should start with your hips rotating towards the target from 90 (opening up), should be followed by you shoulder pulling and then your elbow. Your disc should travel directly across your pectorals, this will feel weird but it is correct. Keep your disc as close as possible to your body this will force you to generate snap assuming you are doing what I have said to this point. You will have to learn when to release the disc based upon feel. It will generally be about 0-10 degrees before the target. After release your arm should follow through until it is all the way behind your body. I will talk with you about grip and wrist position (which are vitally important) as well as you walk or run up at another time. If you can make it tomorrow we can go over wrist and finger placement in person this would be by far the easiest way to learn. My name is Micah I will show up around 10:00-10:30.

Comment

Don't listen to him, Chef, he's a conservative!
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I will give as many free lessons as I can. I'm always teaching out at Rockwood. I like teaching the basics because it reminds me to go back to the basics. Anyone interested, just shoot me a PM. I live 100 yards from Rockwood. So I would prefer teaching there.

Hopefully Climo or Feldberg will want a lesson.

Comment

Chef where do you live?

Comment

In Seattle. You?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X