X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chains versus money

SOWS 14 ended up with an ace pot of approx. $400.
    This loot has always been rolled over into the overalls and played for a few different ways.
    Having it up for grabs on Sunday's round is automatic, no vote.
    If there are no aces, throw offs and doubles has been the norm, with doubles being the most popular.
    This year we have another option for the cash.
    We could donate it to the Grants Pass DGC to help them with their quest of buying new Mach III (hint) baskets for Tom Pearce Park.
    Money never seem's to last very long and sometimes you even regret what you spent it on, but a basket could last a lifetime and bring pleasure to thousands of peeps.
    IMO it's a simple decision, so I am encouraging all you SOWS dger's to reach down inside and ask yourself how important a few extra bucks really is, and vote for what would be best for the sport, not fatter wallets.
    Also, us chain supporters should try and talk to those with the $ signs in their eyes and try to convince them the REAL $ is in doing a good deed.
    Anyone else out there that would like to comment please do.
    Except you Josh.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
    SOWS 14 ended up with an ace pot of approx. $400.
    This loot has always been rolled over into the overalls and played for a few different ways.
    Having it up for grabs on Sunday's round is automatic, no vote.
    If there are no aces, throw offs and doubles has been the norm, with doubles being the most popular.
    This year we have another option for the cash.
    We could donate it to the Grants Pass DGC to help them with their quest of buying new Mach III (hint) baskets for Tom Pearce Park.
    Money never seem's to last very long and sometimes you even regret what you spent it on, but a basket could last a lifetime and bring pleasure to thousands of peeps.
    IMO it's a simple decision, so I am encouraging all you SOWS dger's to reach down inside and ask yourself how important a few extra bucks really is, and vote for what would be best for the sport, not fatter wallets.
    Also, us chain supporters should try and talk to those with the $ signs in their eyes and try to convince them the REAL $ is in doing a good deed.
    Anyone else out there that would like to comment please do.
    Except you Josh.
    Awesome idea. Tom Pearce definitely needs real baskets.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
      Except you Josh.
      I feeling a bit confused here... I'm usually arguing against the big dollar sign mentality.

But since you raised the challenge, I'll comment by saying, give it all to MEEEE! I'm a broke college student bound to get that money ace someday.
      PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
      dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Is this a child who was left behind? At least he's learning a skill. Get that money ace and then deal with those prickly moral questions.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

different josh

Actually I was referring to a young man named Josh who's hyzer's are typically bombed, but in the wrong fairway.
          Kudos to Joshua Olmstead for usually arguing within, AGAINST BIG $.
          I can almost hear those chains.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          - Anonymous

Comment

easyyyyyy answer, chains...

Comment

Whoa, oh, these chains of love got a hold on me, yeah.
              Chains, well I can’t break away from these chains.
              Can’t run around, ’cause I’m not free.
              Whoa, oh, these chains of love won’t let me be, yeah.

Comment

I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love.
                Can't buy me love, everybody tells me so.
                Can't buy me love, no, no, no, no.
                I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love.
                Can't buy me love, love,
                Can't buy me love, oh.

Comment

Fab 4

The Beatles know where it's at by golly.
                  Thanks for the laugh Ol' Bob.
                  - Anonymous

Comment

Available in Starr plastic.

Comment

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Remember if we play for cash and you win to claim it for the...............
                      Taxman!
                      I've never heard it before but Lennon & McCartney wrote a song called......
                      "Thinking of Linking".
                      It's obvious they were in on the disc golf "Revolution" with songs like.......
                      "Number Nine" number nine number nine number nine .............
                      So, if you feel like "You Never Give Me My Money" and vote for the cash, you'd be voting against the Beatles and then you'd probably become a "Nowhere Man" and end up traveling "Across the Universe" until you found, "The Long and Winding Road" to "Penny Lane", and you'd prolly have a "Hard Days Night" "Because" of it.
                      A vote for chains could help GPDGC "Carry That Weight" of getting 18 baskets and we could play "8 Days a Week".
                      - Anonymous

Comment

This one is a no brainer for me being a rogue valley disc golfer. NEW CHAINS AT PEARCE BABY!!!!!!!
                        /\/\ E l) F () R l) E R

Comment

Since I finally finished modifying the hated 24 inch "nub-less wonder" basket to a full 26 inch diameter, with a solid 3/8" rim and proper nubs, I decided to create a new (if possibly temporary) hole that just turned our longest walk-out into the new #15, bumping us up to 23 holes. I had Beatles songs going in my head the whole time I swung that machete and dragged the pruning saw, making it a very good afternoon indeed.
                          Last edited by Ol' Bob; March 31st, 2010, 05:12 PM.

Comment

The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                            Since I finally finished modifying the hated 24 inch "nub-less wonder" basket to a full 26 inch diameter, with a solid 3/8" rim and proper nubs, I decided to create a new (if possibly temporary) hole that just turned our longest walk-out into the new #15, bumping us up to 23 holes. I had Beatles songs going in my head the whole time I swung that machete and dragged the pruning saw, making it a very good afternoon indeed.
                            copy that!!!!!
                            "Do You Want To Know A Secret" Bob?
                            As a "Day Tripper" and disc golf hole designer myself, at times I've felt like a "Fool on the Hill", so I can "Dig It" when holes "Come Together".
                            "With a Little Help From My Friends", I hope to still be designing holes and humming Beatles songs "When I'm Sixty Four".
                            - Anonymous

Comment

Geeziz yikes, I'm sixty three!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X