X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Disc Golf Mentor (a shoutout)

Do you have a disc golf mentor? One or multiple people who have improved your game either from watching and learning from or have given you advice or lessons? I would have to say that three people are responsible for my sudden advancement as of late:

Andrew Rivers: I've been playing lots of rounds with him and really watching his form and shot selection. His consistency and accuracy is uncanny, it's like he has a remote control on his disc or something.

Chris Waugh: I took a lesson from Chris, well because I was horrible hehe. He taught me form and challenged me to get better and showed me things that can be done with plastic that I never dreamed of.

Wayne Whitney: I have played many rounds with Wayne, most notably during Terrace and Arlington doubles and I have taken a lot from him because we have similar body types and throwing motions. When he gives me a tip out on the course I listen.

So I guess I want to share that and say thanks to these people and kiss a little but. So who are your mentors?
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

I'd like to thank Jub for showing me the secret hyzer route on Seatac #14. It really opens up the hole.
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

The high, outside hyzer on #16 at Arlington is route I learned from Jub.
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Scott Papa. Thanks. Deserves more than an online post though.
        A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Blake Takkunen.
          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Josh from oregon.........dont know the last name. Played one round with him and he showed me the three finger power grip vs. The four finger.........basically tucking the pinky back.........and i did gain some pretty good distance right away. Took a little getting use to, but within a month it seems pretty natural now. Thanks to josh and the katana for giving me a little more distance.

Actually that is just one of many people i have learned from whether they were am or pro. I agree with nathan........scott is a great mentor. I learned some good stuff from him more than he may realize..........thank you.
            WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

shout out to my coach Dave Feldberg!

Comment

I would have to thank three people as well.
                Lets just name them in alphabetical order: Tony Hahn, Ryan Kilgore, and Scot More.
                I guess I have been lucky to have 3 great ambassadors of the game at my home course.

Take Care
                Kris

Comment

I'd like to thank the original Mentor, Jerry Miller. I would not be involved with this sport without him.

And a big thanks to Brody Miller. I wouldn't be half the player I am without the countless rounds played with Brody.

last but not least, Pinkal's mom

Comment

Colin and Nate and the whole Sexton crew made me the golfer I am today. I learn from everyone and anyone who has something good to say, but there is no doubt I wouldn't be golfing like I am without those guys.
                    Team DISCRAFT
                    NW Sign Up
                    Gorilla Boy
                    Paragon Disc Golf
                    Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                      I'd like to thank the original Mentor, Jerry Miller. I would not be involved with this sport without him.

And a big thanks to Brody Miller. I wouldn't be half the player I am without the countless rounds played with Brody.

last but not least, Pinkal's mom
                      Hahahaha, Pinkal's mom!

Comment

I try to seek out mentors as much as possible, and there are many I look up to, but Ryan Gwillim has definitely been the most helpful for me. I've logged many rounds with him and I really view him as an invaluable resource for progressing my knowledge of the game. Dion Arlyn has also become someone I really learn from. Thanks guys.

Comment

James Wilson was always at the course when I started. He got me started with good form and balance. Watching werth never hurt anybody. The counless discussions about disc selection and mechanics with mike Cain have led to some ground breaking ideas. feldberg is always good for a tip from time to time. Jeff wilman, dennis lindland, DAVE "MAD MAN" MACADEN (greatest bagger to play the game), poakalani, riverside locals from back on the day that aren't listed. Papa has come through for me from time to time. So many people have helped me whether they knew it or not. Good thread tom.
                          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

A big shout out for Dan "The Stork' Roddrick and the IFA
                            educate your thinking

Comment

Sammy G!!! We've been competing at everything from chess to NBA street vol. 2 since highschool. you put a disc in my hand and drove me to be better, thank you. (no pun intended)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X