Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i gave some shout outs to people that got me into the game and some thats have got me to where i am. but now i ask for a mentor to take me to the next lvl. so the next time a topic like this comes up...i have more people to thank

Comment

Scott Papa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
        Scott Papa!!
        i'll try talking to him next time i'm out at his place

Comment

Originally posted by mazza View Post
          i'll try talking to him next time i'm out at his place
          My post was actually to give him a shout out for being a mentor to me.

Of course, I would always recommend him to others as a great source for learning how to putt, drive, approach...and throw grenades!

Comment

Kent Schafer from Illinois - former President of DDGA, taught me alot of stuff about the game and how it works. Got me from a noob to a "educated" disc golfer fast...
            As for skills, I have not played more than one round with anyone rated above 970 ever, which might be why I am not improving as fast as I would like. But thanks to Justin Ashton, Tim Monigan, Larry Pearce and Chris Sewell, all Deaf Disc Golfers who got me more into the game.
            Nate Sexton deserves a little praise for his little pre tournament lesson he gave me which helped me on a few holes at Dexter and got me the win, especially that sudden death hole.

Comment

No Mentor Yet...

I really can't say I have any mentors to thank for disc golf. I just started almost a month ago, so I could really use someone to take me under their wing. Any Pier players willing to take on the challenge?
              Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

My hubby is my mentor.

Comment

For sure I would have to say my mentor is Mr. Nate Sexton. I have taken three lesson from him, and my game has progressed so much because of his awesome teaching skills. Also I would have to say a big thanks to my wonderful husband for allowing me to play as much as I do, and to share this most awesome sport with me.

Cindy
                  Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

When I first started playing golf the one person I played with the most was my brother Brandon. We also played with a pro from Lebanon, Scott Thompson. He taught us both a lot about golf and I can't speek for Brandon but Scott was my first mentor in golf. I still think of the advice he gave me and I apply it to my golf almost every shot.

Brandon and i both started around the same time and we pushed eachother the get better. We travel to tournaments together to this day. The tournaments that we traveled to that led to some great memories were the ole tournaments in the early 2000s. I also learned a ton from the Eugene guys at those tournaments.

So thank you Brandon, Scott, and the old school ole guys. You all rock.

Comment

Disc Golfer, July/August 1988 Volume 4 # 4

Well since there were no other dger's down here but me, my disc golf mentor was the first PDGA rag I received back in 1988.
                      New discs then were Lightnings 'P40-Flying Tiger' & Discrafts 'Windstar'.
                      The '88 Minnesota Majestic champ took home $500.
                      Dr. Rick voakes was already an amazing disc golfer and one of my first role models.
                      At 39 years young he won the pro masters in the '88 worlds with a -35, which was 5 throws lower than the top pro!
                      I also remember meeting Glen Whitlock for the first time down in Berzerkely.
                      He told me stories of traveling around the US playing disc golf, and then later I'd follow him in the "going down" section of the PDGA mag which had tourney results.
                      I miss those times.
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X