X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourney idea

I am trying to come up with an idea for a tournament. I am calling it a 3-2-1 tourney. Basically I am thinking the first round to be a 3 headed monster type of round. 2nd round would take your first rounds into a doubles round. The last round would be singles, based on on the results of your first 2 rounds. Has this idea been before? Any ideas on how I could make it work? It sounds like a fun idea, but not sure how I can make it work. lots of math involved to seed people correctly.
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Also I am thinking the 3 person team and dubs would all be random draw

Comment

I think it would have to be a 2 day event, just because of all of the math I would have to do between rounds, lol

Comment

You could have the first round be singles. Best and worst are dubs partners, second best and second worst are partners, ect. Third round is a four headed monstrosity grouped the same way as the dubs teams. Doing it from 3 to 1 sounds difficult to get accurate seeds. You would have to keep track of indvidual peformance while playing on a team.
        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I've ran a tourney with this exact same format in Virginia. It worked out really nicely with the random pairings - teams were mostly equalized on their own but it might not always work out that way.

The really tricky part is that now you have to have an even multiple of 3x players - 18, 24, 30, 36, etc. or you've got a lot of 3 person teams which could end up being just two players. When I ran it, we came out to an even 48 players which was perfect!
          'Weekend 4 Women':
          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Is this the same "mystery" tourney that you may or may not have been working on since 2007. Just curious, i was hoping that you may finally throw that one first.

Comment

No this is not the same "mystery" tourney I was planning. That one never panned out. This is just an idea I am trying to figure out how to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                No this is not the same "mystery" tourney I was planning. That one never panned out. This is just an idea I am trying to figure out how to make it work.
                Oh good.. I was worried I missed it.. or was not invited
                Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

It was going to be in your back yard but something came up, I heard...
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                    You could have the first round be singles. Best and worst are dubs partners, second best and second worst are partners, ect. Third round is a four headed monstrosity grouped the same way as the dubs teams. Doing it from 3 to 1 sounds difficult to get accurate seeds. You would have to keep track of indvidual peformance while playing on a team.
                    I like that idea.
                    "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

I've always liked stuff based on the ball golf Bingo, Bango, Bongo points format.
                      ________
                      VAPORIZERS
                      Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
                        I've always liked stuff based on the ball golf Bingo, Bango, Bongo points format.
                        First on, first in, ????
                        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

closest to the pin on drive, longest putt, first inside the circle? haven't put the thought into it but maybe by next winter It'll be usable.
                          ________
                          Gang bang asian
                          Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Long drive(ctp), first on(in the circle), first in(long putt). Haven't played in years, might have to try it out again.
                            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X