X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• players packs ideas?

Just trying to get an idea of what everybody thinks about players packs.
    What do you like to get in a players pack? Does a T-shirt and a Disc do it for ya?
    What other things have you got or would you like to get in a players pack?
    Also what division do you play in?
    Last edited by Huk-DMC; March 3rd, 2010, 08:55 PM.
    -Devin Cordell #38801

A lighted mini, a koozie, a visor

Comment

something different

dry fits (sushi classic)
      stool
      catch disc
      lighted disc
      polo

but I always like something to throw as well.
      www.soulpancake.com
      www.bahai.org
      http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

I like discs as well as shirts, I love it when the shirts are of good quality and I'd happily fork over a few bucks extra for it. My favorite is probably my 2007 Beaver State Fling dri-fit shirt, I still wear it regularly and it has held quite well. I think it might be a good idea to simply sell tourney discs at a low price rather than give them away in a players pack, I know some folks (like myself) religiously save and never throw tourney discs, (I think I'm up to around 15) but others just see it as another disc and often times can't find one they're interested in, like those crazy people who only throw one brand of disc. ( me!)

I play MA1.
        PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
        dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Money in the prize pool.

Open.
          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
            Money in the prize pool.

Open.
            I think this idea works for open players who might be less interested in getting another players pack, but for newer players and for am players who might not have a legitimate shot at winning any scrip, the players pack is a great way to commemorate an event and have something physical to hold on to. I know when I played my first competitive event, the 05' Hab/Rec open I was floored that even though I took DFL out of 144 players I still got a groovy disc and a t-shirt (I still have it today!).
            PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
            dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

No more t shirts!!!

Give me cool local flavor stuff

Comment

you can never have too many buzz(or rocs if you like) in good plastics. no pro-D. If you're doing shirts make em quality. It's not worth giving low quality anything away just to give things away. Smaller packs with better stuff. Also a six of hoppy micro.
                ________
                MAZDA M5 TRANSMISSION
                Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I like it, beer in the players pack!!!!!!!!! I know you might not drink beer, trade it to some one who does.

Comment

I thought the umbrella in the BSF Pro players packs last year was a nice touch. It was different and also very useful here in the rainy...sometimes windy northwest.

Other than that...More cash in the payout.

Comment

The key seems to be diversity and quality. We all have a million t-shirts, but make it a nice one (dry fit) and it will be much appreciated.

Discs are OK for newer players, but many tournament players have really settled in on what they throw and won't play with a tournament disc unless it just happens to be the same as what's in their bag. Ideas such as umbrellas, seal skinz, stools, etc. show that a TD is thinking outside the box.

Comment

Towels haven't been mentioned. I think you can get carabiners personalized, and everyone needs another carabiner!
                        Anything with Mr. Lee's artwork on it...
                        Glow plastic.
                        (Wmn's sub-Ams, heh)

Link here is to Lee's Lava Roc disc
                        http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...00000005023103

Comment

the fanny packs at memorial players package were super unique and very handy all weekend long!

Comment

I think the most useful thing I've gotten in a players pack was the stainless camping mug that Next Adventure put in the clash packs... it was way cool and different from anything else I've gotten. Personally I would prefer dri-fit or collared shirts whenever shirts are included. I also think finding unique handy locally made items are awesome too!!! Custom water bottles, patches the sky's the limit, it would be cool to see new and different things in players packs this year!
                            "Just because you have a club doesn't mean you're organized..."

Comment

Custom Prophylactics would be a nice touch
                              Read this ^

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X