X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far can you throw?

First off, a disclaimer. I know that throwing far isn't how you win a round on the course. You need to be on top of your game with everything you do. Tunnel shots, smooth 300 foot turnovers, putting, upshots etc.. But that being said, I'm just curious what people's general distances are on a flat hole with little wind.

I'd personally say that I average about 385-415 feet on an open hole where there's room to stretch out. On a somewhat frequent basis I can get it out to 460-470. Rarely, I can stretch it out to 475-500. Too bad after watching videos of Oregon courses I've realized those bigger throws won't do me a ton of good.
    My favourite putter is my driver.

They would at milo...

Comment

I've generally found Milo to be fairly friendly to the medium distance thrower, you can score well simply with good 330' placement shots, of course, to dominate in the open division, I'd agree a big 475' bomber throw would be useful.

Myself, I've been throwing the same 340' for the last 4 years since I began to get into competitive disc golf. My distance has fluctuated with separate injuries to my throwing shoulder and elbow and I've recently began to be able to pump a few discs out to 375'. What I think works well with my distance though is that when I launch for power I know that my disc is going to go 340' every time, and that I can hit that distance on a lazer line. I do feel jealous of the really big arms from time to time but I have begun to be happy just in being consistent.
      PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
      dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

I hope to make it in to Beaver State registration. Not sure how fast the am tourney fills up. I'd like to have my straight game to 300 dialed my putting obviously on and my big drive to 475 all the time. We'll see.
        My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

Met-up a player with a lazer range finder, so we decided to go big. My personal best was 455 rbh with a Polaris ls. Another guy I was playing a round with went 635!! I know this fellow and thats a regular distance for him. Hopefully I'll get to see an ace on 14 blue at white river. I have seen him ace 17 blue at white river-- 420 ft?

Comment

Granted it depends on the day. But I top out at about 470 with accuracy. But I did pace off a 500 footer this last week that did exactly waht I wanted it to. I have thrown a couple of drives in the upper 500's low 6's though, but it's flukey when I do.

Comment

I can throw past any basket on every hole.

.....at Snohomish.....

Comment

My distance has gone down since I went to discraft but I still got some distance to my throw about 330-350 on average but ive got over 400 feet before but thats it
                PDGA # 31451
                2 Mini Aces
                75 Aces
                PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                DISC GOLF OR DIE
                BOB CABAL
                DISCVANGO
                JEFF ELLIOT
                G-MAN
                JORDAN LEWIS
                JEFF HAGERTY
                JAMES GARCELON
                SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

635... who's that? That's world class distance... as in if he could do that at worlds or USDGC he could probably get sponsored...

Comment

That's just more internet distance.
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

My message had to be more than one character.

Comment

But really, I can throw a little over 400ft pretty consistently.

In my opinion, that's all the distance you need to become a world class player.

Comment

360 drive: 475 is longest shot about 400 avg

bh: 450 longest 350 avg

mid: 300-320 longest 275 avg

putt: about 55 longest 10 avg( on a good day)

Comment

The guys name is Rusty. Myself and about 10 other players watched as he over drove 14 blue auburn in the long pin. It went down the trail PAST the basket. Thought about watching an in-flight movie to pass time.

Comment

This has got to be one of the most recurring threads on this forum. But I will humor you anyway. I would love to play with you guys that say you throw 500'+ regularly. I drive between 325'-375'. If I hit 400' it's downhill or downwind.
                              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X