X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
    Realize that every person that posts on any forum about distance lies about it. Sure we can all throw 635 down the top of the world at whistlers but on flat ground, no wind. Ive only seen two people that throw over 600. Thats Avery and Skip.

Its very rare that in a open field, im getting out thrown but everytime i look at a distance forum, half the guys on there (most of them int or adv, or bad pro's) throw farther than I do according to their posts.

3 guys in oregon stand out in distance
    Skip, James Moore, Dion Arlyn, if im missing anyone else please inform me, but then we have a solid 2nd tear, of people like Andy, Shane, myself, and a handful of others that can throw 500 but it does not always happen in competition.

My farthest recorded throw is 564, shane had a range finder, and I watched Skip's drive soar over my head while standing at my disc. 624' Skip Wise, the farthest throw ive ever seen on flat ground no wind.

That one day at Selmac 3 of us recorded throws (NOT ROLLERS) of over 550.
    Shane was just under 560.
    I was there watching and throwing (rollers) with these guys. I do not know what kind of range finder Shane has but it sure looked like 600+++.

I throw 400 to 450 and can roll over 500 (in the summer).

I would love to see a long drive competition with Skip, Dion, and Andrew. That would be a great time to have a lawn chair and a 6-pack and just sit back.

Comment

When it doesn't have to be pdga approved you get in to this sort of crazy talk.

The 13*inch (33*cm) Aerobie Pro was used to set the Guinness World Record two times for the "longest throw of an object without any velocity-aiding feature".[18] The Aerobie's first Guinness World Record record was set by Scott Zimmerman at 1,257 feet (383.1 meters) in 1986 at Fort Funston, San Francisco.[19] The 1986 record was broken by Erin Hemmings with a throw of 1,333 feet (406.3 meters) on July 14, 2003 at Fort Funston. Hemmings' Aerobie was airborne for 30 seconds (not an official measurement) and was the first thrown object to break the quarter-mile barrier (1320 feet).
      My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
        ... i throw like 599 feet dead at the basket every time and that's just with my putter and not counting the roll...
        I see that the problem there is all the distance those danged chains are costing you.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

400+

Comment

I have only been playing competitively since last april and have seen small gains in distance here and there since. Until today if you asked me how far I throw I would've said, oh about 350 with my long ones going about 390 or so. Today I went to milo and taped off hole 4 of the west 9 by the parking lot. I am a noodle arm. My actual distances are quite a bit shorter than I expected. I average 285' with my beat up beasts and newer avengers, 300' to 320' with my surge ss(with a nice S pattern), and an inconsistant nuke ranging out to 340'. Wind not an issue, if anything a foot or two drop in elevation for the throwing area I used. My farthest throws ever in actuality probably ranged between 340' and 360' with my average drive at 308ish'. Go out and tape yourself sometime. It's humbling and it can only help your game to know the truth.
            ________
            Amateur striptease
            Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 12:46 PM.

Comment

How far can I throw? I went to a field by the house..........stepped it off, used a wheel, tape measure, lazer range finder, and GPS. How far did I throw? Not very!

Bob

ps......oh yeah, but I did find out my internet distance to be a bit over 495' 6.3".

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
                I have only been playing competitively since last april and have seen small gains in distance here and there since. Until today if you asked me how far I throw I would've said, oh about 350 with my long ones going about 390 or so. Today I went to milo and taped off hole 4 of the west 9 by the parking lot. I am a noodle arm. My actual distances are quite a bit shorter than I expected. I average 285' with my beat up beasts and newer avengers, 300' to 320' with my surge ss(with a nice S pattern), and an inconsistant nuke ranging out to 340'. Wind not an issue, if anything a foot or two drop in elevation for the throwing area I used. My farthest throws ever in actuality probably ranged between 340' and 360' with my average drive at 308ish'. Go out and tape yourself sometime. It's humbling and it can only help your game to know the truth.
                You've got a lot to learn about posting distances on the Internet. You're supposed to add, not subtract.

Comment

642,587 feet consistant with my aero.
                  Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Just replaced my boss with the 10M Brick, and I tell ya, it's done wonders for my distance drives.
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
                      I agree that, because rolls and skips are inconsistant, distance should be measure from the first point of contact with the ground. There is a whole seperate world record for rollers anyway (1156.00 m, yes meters) Here's the link
                      And that was with a grid Aviar, for serious
                      'Weekend 4 Women':
                      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I'm one of those guys that likes to be as accurate as possible when pacing something off. I've found my average pace to be about 2' 10". Sure it's a little short but it's pretty damn close, which is why I don't mind saying "I paced such and such off at X". But perhaps that's just me!

Comment

I threw a 250' hyzer with a z flash one time that went 1500+ feet.

It was on some beach on the OR coast, and I was throwing from a wind protected inlet toward the water and the 40-60mph winds... the disc took an innocent little skip, picked up, wobbled a little bit and began to roll... picked up speed and rolled forever! I chased after it for a few hundred yards, sand stinging the back of my legs the whole time... I had to stop and catch my breath a few times and went from damning the disc to cheering for it to keep rolling... every time it would slow down and wobble a bit, the constant wind would pick it back up.
                          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                            And that was with a grid Aviar, for serious
                            Yup, just kept rolling
                            Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                              I'm one of those guys that likes to be as accurate as possible when pacing something off. I've found my average pace to be about 2' 10". Sure it's a little short but it's pretty damn close, which is why I don't mind saying "I paced such and such off at X". But perhaps that's just me!
                              I long ago decided to learn to do a 36 inch pace. My measured pace is nothing like my walking pace. I practiced it and have a good feel for it. I've been doing it for about 40 years. I'm better at it than putting. I know I'm getting old and my hips will not be getting any better over time, and that my accuracy will sometime begin to fade. It's just the way it goes. I was inspired by people I met who knew how to pace off stuff with great accuracy. I figured if they could do it, so could I. It is easier than shooting pool, and I once got pretty good at that too. But that was a long time ago.
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I'd say average throw is 350-375' With long capping a bit over 400'. Guess I need to get a range finder and a friend to go hit a field and see what I can actually do.

Interwebs distance. 652' into a headwing with an r-pro dart.
                                Last edited by Will of Doom; February 26th, 2010, 03:22 PM. Reason: Forgot my interweb distance
                                According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X