Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, very nice. I think you should add in another term that takes quantity of posts into account also. As we all know, more posts online means more reliability when bragging about distance.

Perhaps another squared ratio, say (posts/1000)^2

(As I write this I see your >2000 count.... you probably throw those #2 Upshots faaaaaaaaaar)
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by Ode View Post
      these threads are rediculous.
      How can you say that?
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I like the arguments that say "I know how far I throw because I paced it off" or "I know how far I throw because such and such hole is so long and I parked it".

Do you know exactly how long your pace is, and is it 100% consistent? If so, you are one of a kind.

Are you 100% certain of the distance on that hole? Tee signs and maps have been known to be wrong. Is there any elevation change on that hole? Funny how that never gets mentioned.

Comment

Alls I know is football field distance, and I can't get 360' every time, but my rollers will go, go, go if I get it just right. I have no idea how far, but I would hazard a guess at 450' max. As Scott says though, once you start guessing it loses all credibility.

Applying the Schneider Formula, my rollers go 378'. Adjusted for post count, I can barely reach the bucket from 59'. I need some more field practice.
          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

My pace, when I'm pacing something off, is just about right-on 36 inches. Too bad it's wasted on a noodle arm like me. Anyway, let me say I could go even money on being inside a one percent error. So what? The Mine's Bigger thread is for the big ones. I'm pretty sure I'd talk about mine if it was worth talking about.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I throw between 225' and 250' i know this becaue my discs land between the 70 and 85yd lines on a football feild from the endzone line. And why shouldn't you count the roll it's not like were throwinig the discus. isant the goal to get you discs a close to the pin (or in) on your drive?
              Last edited by Uhlman; February 24th, 2010, 09:09 AM. Reason: removed the guess
              Throw What You Know.
              "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
              PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                (As I write this I see your >2000 count.... you probably throw those #2 Upshots faaaaaaaaaar)
                Nah, only like 425'.

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                And why shouldn't you count the roll it's not like were throwinig the discus. isant the goal to get you discs a close to the pin (or in) on your drive?
                Because the roll tends not to be consistent.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                  DRL = DWWW * (PDGA_rating/1000)2
                  I like this except for the squared part. Get rid of that and it's good.

Oh, and with my 1000' internet distance, I can actually throw 777'
                  Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                    Because the roll tends not to be consistent.
                    while I agree that roll tends not to be consistent I think we should measue distance fom where the disc comes to rest because IMHO that is where you would play the disc from; or am I playing a diffrent game?
                    Throw What You Know.
                    PDGA# 45989

Comment

I agree that, because rolls and skips are inconsistant, distance should be measure from the first point of contact with the ground. There is a whole seperate world record for rollers anyway (1156.00 m, yes meters) Here's the link

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
                        I like this except for the squared part. Get rid of that and it's good.
                        Nah, you need the squared so that you can knock 20% off the Internet distance of 900-rated players.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

my internt distance is zero
                          Throw What You Know.
                          PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                            while I agree that roll tends not to be consistent I think we should measue distance fom where the disc comes to rest because IMHO that is where you would play the disc from; or am I playing a diffrent game?
                            Actually, if you want to be technical about it, you are playing a different game, as distance competitions are simply about how far you can throw, not how accurate.

That just made me think of something...obviously in distance competitions, everyone uses golf discs because they fly the farthest. But, distance comps aren't technically part of disc golf, so could that open up the possibility of competitors using non-PDGA approved discs--some sort of PDGA-be-damned-we'll-make-the-wing-as-wide-as-we-want uberdisc?
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

i'm changing my answer...

... i throw like 599 feet dead at the basket every time and that's just with my putter and not counting the roll...
                              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                                Actually, if you want to be technical about it, you are playing a different game, as distance competitions are simply about how far you can throw, not how accurate.

That just made me think of something...obviously in distance competitions, everyone uses golf discs because they fly the farthest. But, distance comps aren't technically part of disc golf, so could that open up the possibility of competitors using non-PDGA approved discs--some sort of PDGA-be-damned-we'll-make-the-wing-as-wide-as-we-want uberdisc?
                                With Big-D in the Desert competition, competitors must use a PDGA approved disc.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X