X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
    Realize that every person that posts on any forum about distance lies about it. Sure we can all throw 635 down the top of the world at whistlers but on flat ground, no wind. Ive only seen two people that throw over 600. Thats Avery and Skip.

Its very rare that in a open field, im getting out thrown but everytime i look at a distance forum, half the guys on there (most of them int or adv, or bad pro's) throw farther than I do according to their posts.

3 guys in oregon stand out in distance
    Skip, James Moore, Dion Arlyn, if im missing anyone else please inform me, but then we have a solid 2nd tear, of people like Andy, Shane, myself, and a handful of others that can throw 500 but it does not always happen in competition.

My farthest recorded throw is 564, shane had a range finder, and I watched Skip's drive soar over my head while standing at my disc. 624' Skip Wise, the farthest throw ive ever seen on flat ground no wind.

That one day at Selmac 3 of us recorded throws (NOT ROLLERS) of over 550.
    Shane was just under 560.

Scott Withers
    Andrew Rich is a bomber. Tim Skellenger too. Distance is one of those things that no one realizes how hard it is to consistently duplicate in a variety of conditions. Whoever this guy is throwing 635' needs to get a shoe-deal or something.

I'm considered one of the longest throwers in Oregon, and in fact, Made top 5 at the USDGC, so I guess I am one of the farthest throwers period. My longest throw recorded came at the US and was 594, and even that was slightly longer than normal, considering the tee area was slightly uphill of where the discs were finishing. That particular throw felt more like 550ish. And remember, thats where the disc lands, not where it skips to, so everyone else should be taking off about 10-20 ft from there throws...

Flat ground, no wind, sea level, only a few guys in the world are going to throw 600, and maybe none, its way harder than you think.
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

Comment

long distance lessons available?

Comment

Was no skip. This guy is no joke either. Most people will stop playing when he drives just to watch. He throws a 170's star wraith mostly.

Comment

I'll see if he wants to "show off" some time and let ya know. He plays at white river with my self(mikk) and a few others.

Comment

From the end of our 18th green on one of our courses to our practice basket is 400 feet on the button. We usually empty our bags on it after the round if nobody is in the way. It's a nice big open field with nothing in the way. 9 times out of 10 I'll drop my teebirds within 10 feet of the pin. I can generally get there with a straight hyzer off my destroyers or other over stable plastic. Bout 40 feet past that is a chain link fence surrounding the tennis court. I can hit that with a hyzer flip with a beat destoyer. It more or less what I use to judge my distance. The other being a 500 foot hole with nothing in the way until some trees at 460 feet which I can clear with a clean rip. Been even with the basket a few times.

These are open fields though. Nothing in the way. Trees and the pressure of money or pride being on the line is differnt though. I'm usually at about 70% of my distance when not playing for fun.
            My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

Why play if it's not fun?
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

My best ever is 30 paces past the center poll hole 18 timber park.
                (I throw a flick shot)

Comment

Originally posted by 280zex View Post
                  I'll see if he wants to "show off" some time and let ya know. He plays at white river with my self(mikk) and a few others.
                  Sounds like he should take a trip to "Big D" in October. WFDF World Distance Championships. Then he will have the opportunity to "show off" what he has.
                  There have only been a few people to EVER have been recorded with Disc Flight of 600+'.
                  Check www.discgolfvalues for info on Big D AND a list of players who have thrown BIG (not quite up to date...Both Avery & A Rich are missing from it)

Ill be at Big D to SHATTER the GM World record myself this year and quite possibly the Masters as well.

Comment

Somewhat on topic but does anyone know the distance of the "19th" hole at Pier? And even better, the distance to the path? Its the one that plays over #2's basket to the practice tee.

By the way I can throw 375 ish.

Comment

I had sex in with the female projectionist during a midnight showing of Rocky Horror...oh I read that as how you'd go...lol
                      educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by black mamba View Post
                        Somewhat on topic but does anyone know the distance of the "19th" hole at Pier? And even better, the distance to the path? Its the one that plays over #2's basket to the practice tee.
                        Google Earth says about 570', give or take 20 feet.

The path is 425' away on a line with the practice basket, near the corner of the softball backstop. The path is 340' away at its closest point, before it curves around toward the #2 basket, and 370' away by the tallest evergreen.

More measurements: home plate is 420', 2nd base is 335', and 3rd base is 377'.

(All of this is assuming I'm properly locating the #19 "tee," which is hidden by shadows and foliage.)
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                          Why play if it's not fun?
                          well said.
                          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                            So what helped you guys throw 450+? The more specific, the better.
                            Next time I have a dream that I can throw 450, I'll try to pay attention to how I do it.

On a practice field I can sometimes hit 320-340 paced off. On the course, 280-300 max unless something freakish happens. One time I drove to within the putting circle on Highbridge Hole 10 original position with a 156 DX Starfire. I think that's about 360. Never got anywhere close again and have no idea how it happened.

Comment

I will be the first one to say that i have no idea how far i throw regularly. I'm looking to head down to milo sometime and tape it off on hole 6 by the parking lot next week. Just got a nuke and I need to know where I stand with it vs my surge ss. Putting practice after.)
                              ________
                              Ford focus wrc history
                              Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Update on my furthest throws. I've actually thrown 438 measured at the Spokane Industrial Park in front of where I work. The funny thing is I'm reaching much greater distances recently with my less overstable plastic. I don't get why since I'm still applying the same amount of force to my throws as before. It just seems that my stable plastic is flying further while my overstable has stayed at the same distance. Could this mean that I'm actually improving on my technique?

The distance was measured with a hundred foot tape.
                                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X