Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, most people who post in these kinds of threads are throwing 350+... the noodle-armed majority doesn't want to say anything.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      Of course, most people who post in these kinds of threads are throwing 350+... the noodle-armed majority doesn't want to say anything.
      If you read only "these" threads, you would think that everybody can throw 500'!

I think Thomas said it best "internet distance"
      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

On a good day I can get 400' on flat ground. I'm consistantly around 370' though.

My internet distance is crazy far though, somewhere around 1200'.
        Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.
          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
            Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.
            Well, yeah, those leather discs hauled ass... too bad the PDGA outlawed them under pressure from vegan discers.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I tossed one about a mile at the Grand Canyon Course, but I lost my disc in the Colorado River OB.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

There's a good idea for a course. Have the pads and pins on opposite rims of the GC. Great place for the big arms to play. The walkouts are going to be murder, though.

Who sez the noodle arms won't use this thread?
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

str8 and accurate 350'-375'

400'+ with a tailwind
                  "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

My first full five years in this sport I didn't know any proper form and never researched anything about the sport, and I never got any better because of this. The last year and half to two years I found a couple of websites and things, took a couple of lessons, etc. and finally have gotten a ton better. At this point last year I would be amazed if I could hit 250 feet and at this point after recently measuring, I can hit 320 feet with accuracy (which is about 50 feet farther then 4 or 5 months ago, people I play with on a regular basis can tell you) and my roller, which I have been working on the past couple of weeks can get out to over 400 feet when thrown correctly. My internet distance is well over 500 feet.
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Andy...

Realize that every person that posts on any forum about distance lies about it. Sure we can all throw 635 down the top of the world at whistlers but on flat ground, no wind. Ive only seen two people that throw over 600. Thats Avery and Skip.

Its very rare that in a open field, im getting out thrown but everytime i look at a distance forum, half the guys on there (most of them int or adv, or bad pro's) throw farther than I do according to their posts.

3 guys in oregon stand out in distance
                      Skip, James Moore, Dion Arlyn, if im missing anyone else please inform me, but then we have a solid 2nd tear, of people like Andy, Shane, myself, and a handful of others that can throw 500 but it does not always happen in competition.

My farthest recorded throw is 564, shane had a range finder, and I watched Skip's drive soar over my head while standing at my disc. 624' Skip Wise, the farthest throw ive ever seen on flat ground no wind.

That one day at Selmac 3 of us recorded throws (NOT ROLLERS) of over 550.
                      Shane was just under 560.

Scott Withers

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                      Well, yeah, those leather discs hauled ass... too bad the PDGA outlawed them under pressure from vegan discers.

Comment

i'm glad this thread came back again because i was so off base last time i posted in it... my eyes and heart were way bigger than my arm... and i'm posting here instead of starting a thread in women's disc golf just 'cause...

... anyway, i think i throw 250-275 average and accurate... closer to 300 if i have my oatmeal for breakfast... tailwind and downhill i think i've topped 300 a few times.

peace threw disc golf,
                        emmarose
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
                          I hope to make it in to Beaver State registration. Not sure how fast the am tourney fills up.
                          Last year, it took about 4 hours.
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

So here's a more interesting question: For those people on here that throw 450+, what was the key thing (things?) that you worked on that put you over the top in terms of D.

Throwing on a football field (360' back of end zone to the other side + stepping off the rest) I can hit 400 MBF* with all 1.9cm rim and wider discs, and can do it frequently with my Destroyers.

However, I have trouble reproducing it on the course and I have trouble getting that feel of a good rip that could go loooong.

So what helped you guys throw 450+? The more specific, the better.

*MBF = Message Board Feet
                            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

For me its the grip of the plastic and stability. I have thrown my 170g Polaris LS the farthest at 455 feet and flat ground. No wind either. I drive RHBH and prefer to plant my right foot just before release. Its kinda like a stomp. My right index finger had a bit of a blood blister too, so I'm getting a monster grip and a nice snap!!

Comment

I throw 300' exactly every time so it's easier to select the disc for my up-shot.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X