Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would your disc golf club do if...

you where going to participate in a parade?

Mason County Disc Golf is going to be in a parade, along side floats, marching bands, and convertibles. We have begun the conversation about what we will be doing and have a few ideas but I was wondering if any of you'all had a great idea of two we could borrow and incorporate.

Just something to think about while counting down the hours at work today
    sigpic

bulid a float with a pole hole and toss (or hand) minis to the crowd with club contact info attached to them.
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

Comment

^^^
      Great idea with the minis, and you could have kids on the street putt regular putters toward the basket on your float and hand out candy whether they make it or not.
      educate your thinking

Comment

build a float put a portable basket on there and have 4-5 people do ring of fire putting while other people walk around the float handing out mini's. maybe even have a few from the crowd take a shot at the basket as it floats by. but thats just me... (or just hand out beers and bluntz..) that last part was just for laughs

Comment

I suppose it depends on the size of the parade, but I'm not too sure how physically involved you want the crowd to be with your float. It sounds like a way to start a riot, especially with discs being thrown any which way by people who have never done so before.

Minis are probably safe, but I'd keep real discs out of the crowd's hands. Perhaps a pole hole on the float that is putted at by members of the club that walk along?
          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

it amazing how much we all think alike.

Based on what I know there will be no throwing anything into the crowd but we can hand stuff out. Right now we will have some minis and stickers. The minis may be redeemable for a raffle ticket if shown to us at our booth. Also as a club we are trying to promote DG as a healthy outdoor community activity and we feel candy could be off message, such a good way to make friends though.

I am really beginning to lean towards the idea of a basket floating down main street and some plastic in the air (thrown by club members only). Maybe a lowboy with a bunch of bright plastic hanging off it and some banners or something...

Any other ideas? We want to make the most of the opportunity so keep the brainstorm alive.
            sigpic

Comment

my ideal of the crowd thing came across wrong. i was thinking more alonf the line of club members taking shots at the basket as it floats along( if no room on the float). also u might want to think about a basket set up at your both with club members and there families. so they can show more how it can be a family sport and maybe even some trick shots(jump putts, forehand, ect.). let me know what your plan is. i may be able to offer some time to help(could even bring my daughters who each have there own polly rocs)

Comment

I've got an 18' flatbed trailer you guys can borrow. I've also go a cool powder coated mini basket. Gateway disc's does stamped minis for really cheap, I can't give a price because they gave our club a hundred for free. But if your looking for cheap advertising for the club, stamped minis go great with the kids.
                A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Well we are advertising disc golf every bit as much as our club so I have no issues handing out minis with the manufactures stamp on them. If we do the raffle idea i.e. number the minis hand them out telling the recipients to come find our booth and show us the mini they got for a free ticket then the mini manufacture gets exposure and so do we.

At our booth we have throwing around the idea of having some kind of carnival game with putters and a basket, pay some cash, take some putts, win more raffle tickets? So you can straight buy raffle ticket but for the same money you play a game where you could get more or less than if just purchased and walked away.

Still working out the details in my head but let say you can buy tickets for 2 bucks each or 3 for $5 a typical setup. Or for 5 buck you get 5 putts starting at 10 feet away, adding five feet for each one you make so that last putt will be a 30 footer. If you make all of the putts you get 5 tickets instead of three, a good deal. You most likely won't miss 5 in a row from 10 feet so not a ripoff in fact the average will still be right around 3 ticket i'm guessing but this is way more fun!
                  sigpic

Comment

MAybe Somewhere on the Float you can have a big sign that Says-

"Just say NO to green fees!"
                    "Play Disc Golf instead!"
                    WORK LESS THROW MORE
                    http://www.grippt.com

Comment

Originally posted by Skookum View Post
                      Well we are advertising disc golf every bit as much as our club so I have no issues handing out minis with the manufactures stamp on them.

If we do the raffle idea i.e. number the minis hand them out telling the recipients to come find our booth and show us the mini they got for a free ticket then the mini manufacture gets exposure and so do we.

At our booth we have throwing around the idea of having some kind of carnival game with putters and a basket, pay some cash, take some putts, win more raffle tickets? So you can straight buy raffle ticket but for the same money you play a game where you could get more or less than if just purchased and walked away.

Still working out the details in my head but let say you can buy tickets for 2 bucks each or 3 for $5 a typical setup. Or for 5 buck you get 5 putts starting at 10 feet away, adding five feet for each one you make so that last putt will be a 30 footer. If you make all of the putts you get 5 tickets instead of three, a good deal. You most likely won't miss 5 in a row from 10 feet so not a ripoff in fact the average will still be right around 3 ticket i'm guessing but this is way more fun!
                      Gateway will put YOUR stamp on the minis.
                      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

do what i do in my garage, have a golf practice net behind the basket to catch the misses... have that on the float, misses hit the net.. yes hand out stuff that "forces" people to come visit your booth afterwards...

Comment

What would your disc golf club do .... for a Klondike Bar!
                          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Pretty girls in cute disc golf outfits. Pretty girls get the attention of the guys and the outfits get the attention of the girls (as long as they are tasteful).

Take advantage of man's instinctual pervness and women's instinctual competitiveness
                            Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                              Pretty girls in cute disc golf outfits. Pretty girls get the attention of the guys and the outfits get the attention of the girls (as long as they are tasteful).

Take advantage of man's instinctual pervness and women's instinctual competitiveness
                              if i know the ladies in MCDG club (oh, right... and i do... at least a couple of them, anyway...) that goes without saying. Mel and Shannon got more argyle, knickers and adorable golf caps than even me (although i have to take a little bit of credit for teaching them what they know about dg fashion)... they be some of the most bad-ass and beautiful disc golfin' cuties out there...

... i think it is so fantastic y'all are going to be in a parade!

peace threw disc golf,
                              emmarose
                              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X