Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Rain For Seven Days?

Can it be true?

http://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/weather/10_day.cgi
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

I guess it rains there a lot? Sounds like my local courses and wind. We're playing a course today that sits on what is basically the top of a cliff over looking a massive valley the city is in. I've never played a round there with no wind. There's also a ton of elevation change on holes. 20-40 feet up or down on about 6-7 and about a 100+ foot drop over 350 feet on another. Needless to say throwing downhill into a crazy headwind is tough. But hey that's why we play.
    My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

Yes, it rains buckets every single day in the winter. In the summer as well. It's cold too. And there's only 4 hours of daylight, year-round.

(This is what much of the country thinks, and we'd rather not disabuse them of this notion. )
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        Yes, it rains buckets every single day in the winter. In the summer as well. It's cold too. And there's only 4 hours of daylight, year-round.

(This is what much of the country thinks, and we'd rather not disabuse them of this notion. )
        "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

When I first moved here from Colorado...it sure felt like that for the first couple of years. Now being here for 13 years...I love it

Comment

being born and raised here in the willamette valley i love the rain and the lushness and the mossy greeness and can't live without it... only rarely does it rain too much for me to still be willing to get out in it and enjoy myself... i lived down in Ashland for 4 years (technically still oregon) and felt all dryed out like a sad little wrinkly pruney version of myself... but a forecast of 7 days of sunshine also doesn't bother me a bit...

peace threw disc golf,
            emmarose
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I just might need to take a drive to the coast...

Comment

I live in what I beleive is called a 'semi arid desert'. We can't smoke on the course 4 months a year for fear of starting the whole place on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
                  I live in what I beleive is called a 'semi arid desert'. We can't smoke on the course 4 months a year for fear of starting the whole place on fire.
                  That describes pretty much all of Oregon and Washington east of the Cascade crest. Similar climate zone to Kamloops, albeit a bit warmer.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

That describes pretty much all of Oregon and Washington east of the Cascade crest. Similar climate zone to Kamloops, albeit a bit warmer.
                    Interesting. It's sunny and 50 degrees here right now (10 in the real world)

Comment

Quack.

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
                        I just might need to take a drive to the coast...
                        Go for it as it is supposed to be very warmer today and tomorrow. I live in Rockaway Beach, and I see more people coming to the coast to take advantage of those weather. Yesterday, my man and I took a walk on the beach, it sure felt like Spring, nice warm with soft breezy!!
                        PDGA 38506
                        ODDGA 27
                        DDGA 176
                        2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

http://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/weather/10_day.cgi

The seven days changed to four days in one day. Get it while it's hot.

Comment

Looks like a gully washer in the Coast Range tomorrow:

Windy too.
                            Last edited by Ol' Bob; March 10th, 2010, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X