• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DexterHawk
    started a topic USDGC

USDGC

So it's that time of the year again...
    If you haven't ever paid attention I would really recommend that you check out the website. They do this really cool tracking thing so you can follow the lead card shot by shot.

Anyway, can anyone beat KC on this course? Is Dave sure to whoop but on this field too? Can our local boy Nate make some waves?

It will be fun to watch!

• Sam
    replied
    A normal backhand shot with the disc held upside down. Usually delivered with an extreme hyzer bias, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• JK_Aviar
    replied
    what is a grenade again??

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    OK. I think it is random, though, from a few things I noticed watching today.

Leave a comment:

• Celeste
    replied
    I think it only shows that when it hits the basket. I noticed it on a hole where two people hit the basket. Maybe it just shows that randomly but it looked right.

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    I see that but don't understand how you see if a putt is high or low, though...

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    I see that but don't understand how you see if a putt is high or low, though...

Leave a comment:

• Celeste
    replied
    http://www.usdgclive.com/index2.html Hole archive- yellow tab on the bottom of the live hole. Pretty sweet system. I watched the Beaver game online kinda like this last night. Except I wanted to smash my computer afterwards.

Where are you seeing this? It seems to me they move on to the next hole as soon as everyone gets close. Am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Hmmm...gonna have to think about this. I think there was something yesterday about Nikko helicoptering a disc and bouncing it off the cage. Friggin' east coast lingo.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Yeah... that doesn't make sense, either, considering the location of the pin to where he was on the fairway.

And yeah... it does sound like a war is going on with helicopters, grenades and hyzer bombs...

Leave a comment:

• proto something or other
    replied
    No... I don't think so. That is, unless Avery can throw one ~300 feet... He threw one across the OB on 4 about an hour ago - same time Barry threw a grenade.
    The only thing I can think of that matches the description and context would be a 360 turn-around throw.

It seems super dumb to call this a "helicopter," but now I am editorializing.

Leave a comment:

• essjay
    replied
    Sounds violent

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    No... I don't think so. That is, unless Avery can throw one ~300 feet... He threw one across the OB on 4 about an hour ago - same time Barry threw a grenade.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    I'm guessing its the same thing as an elevator putt.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Anyone know what a Helicopter throw is?

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    I didn't pay attention to any of the USDGC stuff beforehand, but apparently the holes that have OB marked in red aren't REALLY OB, but re-tee hazards, i.e. you go "OB", you rethrow from your previous lie, but don't get the extra stroke penalty. Interesting idea, that's gotta help out the course record status though, I'd imagine.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X