Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USDGC

So it's that time of the year again...
    If you haven't ever paid attention I would really recommend that you check out the website. They do this really cool tracking thing so you can follow the lead card shot by shot.

Anyway, can anyone beat KC on this course? Is Dave sure to whoop but on this field too? Can our local boy Nate make some waves?

It will be fun to watch!

I'm rooting for Nate, of course, but also for Washington's rep, Big Mike Leslie. He's a relative newcomer to the tourney scene, I think, but is a solid player and just a hilarious dude. For example, at the final nine at the Lakewood Open a couple weeks ago, Nate fires off a sick sidearm, and manages to park one of the more difficult holes and we can hear plenty of applause from the green. Mike steps up and says "You think they're cheering for your shot, Nate Sexton, but its just because I'm on the teepad!" Maybe its one of those "you had to be there" moments, but he's one of those guys that seems to keep on having a good time, even in tense moments, and it's contagious. Gotta give him props (heh, no pun intended) for playing USDGC this year b/c he's hobbling around on crutches with a torn ACL.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Thanks, I look forward to this every year the website keeps getting better, as does the coverage.

Comment

It looks like Nate is only 3 out of the lead right now at -5 after the first round. Dave is at -4 , Tim Skellenger and Avery are at -1 and Tyler Christiansen is at +3. The leaders are at -8. Go Oregon!!
        Here is a link to the live scoring!

http://discgolfunited.com/leaderboar...ut=YES&round=1

Comment

well, its not like i was getting too much work done anyway...this is the best live coverage I've seen yet in DG. looks like there's a backup on the hole now though, so maybe I'll actually do something productive....

http://www.usdgclive.com/index2.html

Comment

That is really cool....
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              That is really cool....
              Hellz ya!

http://www.usdgc.com/10/02/jared-pen...on-12#more-410

Comment

Please pay no mind to the Jared Pennington nonsense and open the fricking link! haha

Comment

I have never seen anything like that it's great. Even shows where they missed their putt- high or low.

Comment

Oy - Avery shoots a -13 for 55. new course record. holy.

Comment

Originally posted by essjay View Post
                      Please pay no mind to the Jared Pennington nonsense and open the fricking link! haha
                      Oh, holy shit....

TIMMY!!!!
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Celeste View Post
                        I have never seen anything like that it's great. Even shows where they missed their putt- high or low.
                        Where are you seeing this? It seems to me they move on to the next hole as soon as everyone gets close. Am I missing something?
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Looks like all of the people on today's lead card will not be on it. I wonder how often that happens.

Tomorrow's lead card looks to be:
                          Nate Doss (-20)
                          John E. McCray (-16)
                          Avery Jenkins (-14)
                          Paul McBeth (-14)

After Nate and Avery's 55s - new course record - that should be a fun match-up.

~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I didn't pay attention to any of the USDGC stuff beforehand, but apparently the holes that have OB marked in red aren't REALLY OB, but re-tee hazards, i.e. you go "OB", you rethrow from your previous lie, but don't get the extra stroke penalty. Interesting idea, that's gotta help out the course record status though, I'd imagine.

Comment

Anyone know what a Helicopter throw is?
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X