replied
    Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
    Nobody gets out of here alive.

can't say it any better

Leave a comment:

• Ol' Bob
    replied
    Nobody gets out of here alive.

I'm working on a mold for astral discs. You guys have had it easy with all this air and stuff.

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    Originally posted by Choco View Post
    Ed Headrick, the inventor of the modern Frisbee, has died aged 78 at his home in La Selva Beach, California.
    Headrick's passion for the flying discs extended far beyond the toy's manufacture - he even asked for his ashes to be moulded into commemorative Frisbees, his son Ken told a local newspaper.
    In August of 2002, yes....

Leave a comment:

• Choco
    replied
    Ed Headrick, the inventor of the modern Frisbee, has died aged 78 at his home in La Selva Beach, California.
    Headrick's passion for the flying discs extended far beyond the toy's manufacture - he even asked for his ashes to be moulded into commemorative Frisbees, his son Ken told a local newspaper.

Leave a comment:

• Uhlman
    replied
    http://www.pdga.com/fred-morrison-passes even the PDGA morns the passing of this great man

Leave a comment:

• DMajor
    replied
    Nothing makes the music sound good like snorting a line cut with the guy playing on the speakers

Leave a comment:

• erp
    replied
    It's of-topic, but do you think Keith Richards is going to have his ashes shipped to Columbia and mixed in with the powder he loves so much?

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
    That's a shame he's dead. Really though, disc flight was an already common physical concept, and he wasn't the only one tossing around food lids for fun. We would still have disc golf today, just someone else would have invented the frisbee first.

That doesn't change the fact that he did do it, and considering what disc golf & ultimate are today, I salute him as the guy who more or less started us on the path. Thanks, Fred!

I wonder if he was hard-core enough to want his ashes molded into a few lids like Steady Ed...

Leave a comment:

• PDX_Stu
    replied
    News is everywhere

This was posted on my beer forum:

It is a sad day for disc-golf (and beer by association). Fred Morrison, the inventor of the Wham-O Flying Disc has passed.

http://www.zimbio.com/Fred+Morrison/...ventor+Dead+90

Ah, all the wonderful times I had through my childhood through today with his product and its offspring. Still carry a Frisbee in the truck with me wherever I go (along with my disc-golf discs).

Raise a pint to Fred tonight (or earlier) and reflect on all the wonderful things his little disc has brought to your life.

Leave a comment:

• Nathan
    replied
    Originally posted by General Scales View Post
    It's weird that news like that doesn't make more of a headline considering his inventions impact upon the worlds free time.

R.I.P.
    They recognized him on Sports Center today with a 20 second bit. It was a pretty quick and simple recognization.

Leave a comment:

• D.L.
    replied
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/8512193.stm

great disc there ChUcK, I have a similar sticker, but the stick guy in yours makes it better.

Leave a comment:

• Ol' Bob
    replied
    I think ChUcK's right. I once had a big stack of pan lids that I'd throw from a low cliff out over a tide flat when the tide was out. I'd go down and collect them, climb back up and do it again. They were almost all overstable, but some worked pretty good. Admittedly, Frisbees were already around, but I'd have done it anyway, I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• Chad_from_BC
    replied
    I think someone I know has that on a sticker on their stool leg.

Leave a comment:

• ChUcK
    replied
    Well, I just think any frisbee flight in general would have led to disc golf eventually. These guys were the right place/right time people of frisbee history. Ever since time began, the physics of disc flight was just waiting for an opposable-thumb species to stumble across it. See the following scientific diagram (not dyed by me):

Leave a comment:

• Chad_from_BC
    replied
    Originally posted by ChUcK View Post

I wonder if he was hard-core enough to want his ashes molded into a few lids like Steady Ed...
    my friend wes has one of those discs on his wall. Pretty awesome to think what you're holding in your hands. I keep telling him it should be in his bag, but he's too scared to damage/lose it.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X