X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300' fish tape $25.00.
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

there is an app for verizon and cingular with range finders built in. (on a side note I think keys sig. is the best one ever! lol)
      www.soulpancake.com
      www.bahai.org
      http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

I know you said you have an aversion to walking, but a GPS System (just said that to piss off the pedants) may also be a decent solution for this.

Not sure on the cost.
        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

GPS isn't accurate enough. Any given reading can easily be 10m off in any direction.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Dustin-
            I use range finders periodically at work. I own a Leupold RX-II (ground score!) that works pretty well. Pretty compact too. Its about the length and width of a blackberry, maybe twice the thickness. Not sure what your timetable is but I would be happy to lend it to you and could probably figure a way to get it to you in the next couple weeks if you wanted to borrow it and give it a try if you are on the fence.

Comment

GPS also gets a weak signal if you are in the woods which makes it less accurate or stop working.
              "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Thanks for shitting on my idea, guys

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                  I know you said you have an aversion to walking, but a GPS System (just said that to piss off the pedants) may also be a decent solution for this.

Not sure on the cost.
                  Not sure either, but you'd probably need to make a trip to the ATM Machine.
                  Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post

I don't necessary have an aversion to walking, but I'd like to be able to measure distances quickly and accurately.

As Adam said, GPS is out because of the 10 meter or worse accuracy. Even at 10 meter accuracy It could potentially put me 60 feet off.

I've owned a 300 foot tape for a couple years and I'm ready to move on. I'm tired of trying to lay it out straight in even a slight breeze, performing basic trigonometry in my head, and especially, winding it back up when i'm done throwing.

Eric,

If I don't see something I like I will totally take you up on the offer. I have no time frame. I didn't realize they came that small. All the pictures I've seen make them look like the size of a decent pair of binoculars.
                    Current World Rank: 2857th
                    Lowest Rated Round: 777
                    Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                    Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                    Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                    Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                    Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                    Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      Either give me your PIN number so I can withdraw from your ATM machine account, or I'll give you the fucking HIV virus.

Comment

So I bought a Leupold RX750 and so far it has been working really well. Measurements have been pretty easy even when your arm is a little shaky from throwing.

I'm really digging how quick I can take measurements now.

Comment

Originally posted by keys View Post
                          So I bought a Leupold RX750 and so far it has been working really well. Measurements have been pretty easy even when your arm is a little shaky from throwing.

I'm really digging how quick I can take measurements now.
                          is there a distance finder for helping with janky putts?
                          Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
                            is there a distance finder for helping with janky putts?

If they had one you know I'd buy it.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X