Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it is hole seven at pier 400ish in long position. 2 years ago I was playing with Best, AA, and Browno. Aaron steps up on the tee taking the anny route and proceeds to cut it to sharp missing the first tree but tagging the second and falling straight down in behind the tree 40 feet off the pad. All the rest of us shoot and get within the circle. Aaron walks up to his disc, pulls out the green rhyno calls the birdy and lets her rip with an anny bomb again. Crashed the heart of the chains and sticks. Best shot I have ever seen, perfect the whole way and a very very difficult line to hit with a disc that shouldn't be able to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet View Post
      What's yours?
      I think my best single throw would probably be on Hole #1(of 27) at Milo (BSF pin position). Sam and I were in a doubles playoff with Bruce Murphy & Denny Axmacher.

After making a pretty decent drive, I told Sam I was going to throw my beat-up Monster on an anhyzer line and hopefully stall it out so it dropped in on the green. I threw it just hard enough and managed to hit my line as well. It looked great in the air and even with the blind pin position we knew it would be a decent shot. When we got up there to check it out it was about 10 ft from the pin and Sam tapped it in for the three.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Yeah... I want to use that for my best shot ever, too. I should be able to do that, right, since we were playing doubles... right?
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          Yeah... I want to use that for my best shot ever, too. I should be able to do that, right, since we were playing doubles... right?
          You made the putt, not me.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Yes... but if the 10 foot putt is the best shot I have to brag about, I am in a lot of trouble.

Of course... could have used a few of those this weekend...
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
              I think my best single throw would probably be on Hole #1(of 27) at Milo (BSF pin position)...
              That is an awesome up shot! I've been waiting to park that one.

Comment

It's between 2 different shots for me...

November last year (I had only been playing a couple months) I went to AZ and played Vista Del Camino and aced hole 16 in the second longest position (272 ft). For those that don't know the regular layout, it's the same hole that Barry Schultz aced at the memorial last year. The awesome thing is that it was a day or two before my birthday. Also, it was the day that UO beat ASU (football) which was cool since I was in AZ.

My other favorite shot is my 7th ace on hole 7 at Ewing Young. It was the first time I had ever played the hole and before I threw my shot I had the crazy feeling that I was going to get an ace.

Comment

1992 Granite Bend (a small private 18 hole course in the panhandle of Idaho); the hole curves hard to the right at about 230' from the T then the basket is on the left another 40+'. My first shot hits a tree just off the T and lands in the fairway. For my second shot I pick up my Eclipse (a fast disc at this time) and let it rip. It makes the turn and I loose sight of it. Then from the next T we hear a roar; it S turned and landed right in the basket. I won the tourney by that one stroke. Best shot ever...
                  educate your thinking

Comment

Not my best throw ever but a fun story. After the opening of Orchard I taught a disc golf clinic for Hillsboro Parks with a buddy. Throwing Basics, Putting, Rules etc. There was time at the end of class so we decided to split the class into two groups and play a round.

My group proceeds to hole 4 to start. I asked for someone in the group to throw first...no one was willing and they ask me to.

So I grab my orange Rhino, step on on the tee and BANG! Ace.

With a somewhat embarrassed grin I say something cheesey like...Well, that's pretty much how you want to do it.

Jay

Comment

The question is, though... was that the last time you golfed?! Where have you been?!

Great to see you here, Jay. Hope all is well.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

New house, 3rd little boy, new job...been a busy summer...last round of disc was Superbowl Scramble...ouch!

Been busy with family and stuff...my disc golf fix consists of reading the forums and tossing mini's with the family...hope to make some winter doubles stuff

Comment

Congrats on the house and the boy and the job, Jay! Sounds like you've been really busy.
                          Hope to see you out hukkin' soon!
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X