Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can add discs to your bag at any time (and you may throw them). As long as they are legal discs, approved and marked.
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

The best part about this thread- most people who read it will come away thinking it's not OK to add discs to your bag during a round.
      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
        You can add discs to your bag at any time (and you may throw them). As long as they are legal discs, approved and marked.
        They may even come from the bags of your playing partners, as long as the group knows which disc is yours. They must have A unique mark, they don't need YOUR unique mark.
        Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

I have a question along these lines. My park has walking paths that are OB; one such path is in the middle of a fairway. The other day I had what I thought was going to be a bad throw however, the disc skipped down the path and landed inbounds. Therefore, my question is; if a disc hits an out of bounds area but then bounces, rolls, or otherwise lands inbound is that lie playable? My answer would be yes because it came to rest inbounds however, I would like to hear other opinions on this matter.
          Throw What You Know.
          "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
          PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
            I have a question along these lines. My park has walking paths that are OB; one such path is in the middle of a fairway. The other day I had what I thought was going to be a bad throw however, the disc skipped down the path and landed inbounds. Therefore, my question is; if a disc hits an out of bounds area but then bounces, rolls, or otherwise lands inbound is that lie playable? My answer would be yes because it came to rest inbounds however, I would like to hear other opinions on this matter.
            Whatever this disc does before it comes to rest is inconsequential. The disc is safe as long as a portion of the disc is in-bounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Whatever this disc does before it comes to rest is inconsequential. The disc is safe as long as a portion of the disc is in-bounds.
              That's what i thought... I'm gonna have to try that shot again sometime.
              Throw What You Know.
              "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
              PDGA# 45989

Comment

The out of bounds rule changes two years ago:
                Disc lands in area marked as OB but is resting against the rocks the define the border of the OB area but is inside the OB.
                Under the old rules the disc was NOT OB but is now OB. This is due to a change in status of the OB line from not OB to OB.

803.09 Out-of-Bounds
                A. A disc shall be considered out-of bounds only when it comes to rest and it
                is clearly and completely surrounded by the out-of-bounds area. A disc thrown in water shall be deemed to be at rest once it is floating or is moving only by the action of the water or the wind on the water. See section 803.03 F. The out-of-bounds line itself is considered out-of-bounds.
                What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                  I have a question along these lines. My park has walking paths that are OB; one such path is in the middle of a fairway.
                  [OFF TOPIC RANT]
                  For the record, I'm not a fan of random paths down the middle of a fairway. Course designers claim saftey concerns, but that is bogus since a disc is allowed to fly over the OB area. In other words, a disc that comes to rest at your feet is OB, but the one that goes whizzing by your head is safe. Whatever.
                  [/END RANT]

Comment

[OFF TOPIC RANT]
                    For the record, I'm not a fan of random paths down the middle of a fairway. Course designers claim saftey concerns, but that is bogus since a disc is allowed to fly over the OB area. In other words, a disc that comes to rest at your feet is OB, but the one that goes whizzing by your head is safe. Whatever.
                    [/END RANT]
                    ROGER THAT!
                    But- where does the IB path on the fairway end and the OB off the fairway end?
                    DG only parks is a nifty solution for shure!
                    What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Comment

Yeah even it's 1/16 of inch it's in bounds.
                      My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

[OFF TOPIC RANT]
                        [/END RANT]
                        Wow, I never thought of that, but you're absolutely right. Parallel walkways can be legitimately OB, but perpendicular is just silly.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Keep in mind too that you stand in OB to throw, so you get 1m from the path.

Comment

[OFF TOPIC RANT]
                            [/END RANT]
                            A well made rant. Couldn't agree more.

Trust me, cuz my initials are OB.
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I think walking paths are great obstacles for a disc golf course! Now granted safety issues need to be considered first before hole design, but I can think of a bunch of courses that use walking paths to narrow a fairway or outline a green. Walking paths create a permanent, well defined, in/out of bounds.
                              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                                I think walking paths are great obstacles for a disc golf course! Now granted safety issues need to be considered first before hole design, but I can think of a bunch of courses that use walking paths to narrow a fairway or outline a green. Walking paths create a permanent, well defined, in/out of bounds.
                                I agree. I'll be playing a tourney in may at a course that has a sweet hole with OB all the way down the fairway due to two walking paths that everything past them is OB. It starts about 150 wide and over the course of the 275 foot hole it narrows to about 10 feet with 5 feet on either side of the basket. People usually lay up and grab a par or outside 40 bird. Last year I had just had a bad hole (took a 6 I think) so I said screw it and ran the basket. I aced the hole (my second ace ever and first and only tourney ace) to grab a 312$ ace pot. In the second round I watched someone get another ace and felt the invisible 156$ come out of my pocket. Still made out with 156$ and 2nd in my division (a sandbagger that stepped down two divisions took first). All told I won 220$ and bought a basket.

So to make a long story short I have fond memories of sidewalk OB. That being said this year might be a different story.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X