Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post pics of broken disc

this ia old school innova firebird pro ul driver Ken Climo pro model

i broke it at hole 1 in port angeles.... i had a shitty throw and it bounced and this is how i found it... sad sad sad this is the 1st disc i have ever broke... as u can tell this disc has been around

r.gause@gmail.com
    rodney-sequim,wa
    wanna disc all the time pm me
    i am a new dad...my son dylan james born 1-7-10
    from roseville,ca so i played alot of sac course... i miss em. i suck @ disc golf and im always over... but its fun. always accepting tips and pointers thanks
    whooop whoooop to all juggalos

that looks exactly like the shark I broke last week.

Comment

My condolences on the loss of your disc. May you take comfort in knowing that it had a long life, and passed away doing what it loved to do.
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

i broke two rocs this winter, a dx that was fairly new to a early tree hit and a bar stamp SE roc that i bought used and on the third throw hit a tree quite a ways away and walked up to find it in two peices. unfortunately no pics from me

Comment

Pro Wraith

Snapped, split down the middle!!!!

one of the Icy Arctic days we had early winter

I was enjoying a frozen round at Milo.....

I threw the disc and it hit a tree square about 200' out.... I am wondering if the speed and flight "super cool" the disc in below freezing weather .... and snap ... your out a disc!

Comment

It was a plastic O-ring on a freezing morning that brought down the Space Shuttle .... and snap ... you're out seven astronauts.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

^^^ Oh, snap! ^^^

The only disc I've ever split through the middle was a DX Gazelle back in my one-disc days. I had seasoned it to the point where even my most valiant efforts couldn't make it hold a hyzer line on any flights over 250'... then one day, after an inconspicuous errant throw into some skinny birch trees, I walked up to find a 4-inch gash through the center.

The memory is a melancholy one (I wish I could say I still have/throw my very first disc), but the experience was certainly a catalyst for my game: out of the necessity to replace the gazelle, I was led to try out several other (fairway-) driver models as well as putters, and it was this period of experimentation which opened my eyes & mind to the variations among discs' flights. It's all been downwind from there...
              anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

The longest drive of my life was made with a 148 DX Wraith. I put it up just right in a tailwind and sailed it 375 feet (longest by 50 feet). That was before a couple of injuries too. It was flippy to the max. Later on I had flipped it into the blackberries on the 5th at Trojan, but a Wise man returned it to me. One day I tossed it on the lefty route on Mud's 2nd to show someone a turnover shot. Being my second drive, I spaced looking for it and played on. It had slipped under the edge of a fern and I found it when it got sucked up into my mower deck and spit out the grass chute. It was one disc that really had sentimental value to me. But I definitely killed it.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X