X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    I personally like that backwards mando. But I also don't really care what "par" is. I'll get there when I get there.
    Here Here, that hole is one bad mamma jamma though. That is a great "take in the scenery kind of hole for me.
    The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

I was there for a 6, but caught a tree going down the hill to force the 7. There was one hole on the Canyon Course that had both a pro par and an am par. Seems like they need something like that on MR 16. I know it's not huge, the diff between +16 and +17 (it was my first time there). I actually did an okay roller on my fourth shot to turn the corner. I would have been hard pressed to have done any better on my first three shots. It's going to take me four pulls to get around that corner under the best of conditions. Someone just leave me a crying towel hanging on that mando tree.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
        I would have been hard pressed to have done any better on my first three shots. It's going to take me four pulls to get around that corner under the best of conditions. Someone just leave me a crying towel hanging on that mando tree.
        I here you there man, that is one tough hole and I would love to see some of the cannon arms attack that thing just so I can see exactly what a birdie opportunity rather than a +1 looks like on it.

-M. Burns

Comment

I have parred that hole. my 3rd shot took me fairly close to the mando line, but 60 ft or so out in the field. I did what i thought was a huge mando throw around the mando, and it carried left towards the basket. dropped the putt for the par.
          All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

The last time I played that hole my third shot was about a foot past the mando tree - absolutely no wasted energy on that hole. From there it was an easy approach to under the basket and a drop in for par. If only it could be that easy every time.

I like the mando on that hole - it adds an element other than just distance. Yeah, not everyone is going to be able to get it in five. I don't expect to very often. But everyone can play the hole to the best of their ability and see how good they can do. That's what golf is about right? Not just some randomly assigned number (par).

Comment

We all have to remember that Meadow Ridge is a GOLD LEVEL COURSE. It's for PROS. What this means is that for ams you SHOULDN'T expect to par and if you don't you shouldn't be upset about it.
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Troy and Scott, sounds to me like both of you guys got birdies.

That said, Mud's 10 should be a par 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                  Troy and Scott, sounds to me like both of you guys got birdies.

That said, Mud's 10 should be a par 4.
                  Par 5 rigth? Three to the mando. Four to the basket, and five in.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    Par 5 rigth? Three to the mando. Four to the basket, and five in.
                    "Not having the world's biggest arm" quote from Ole Bob, not everyone can go out there and get it down there in 3. Hole 2E at Mciver sure feels like a little longer than 5 for me from the pros and those two holes are close in distance I believe.

-M. Burns

Comment

Originally posted by grant View Post
                      "Not having the world's biggest arm" quote from Ole Bob, not everyone can go out there and get it down there in 3. Hole 2E at Mciver sure feels like a little longer than 5 for me from the pros and those two holes are close in distance I believe.
                      There are more trees in the fairway, so you're probably zig-zagging - at least a bit. At the HH hole, it's easier to go in a straight line.

Comment

My point was, for par, one must be set for a fourth shot that is going back towards the tee. It makes three 285 foot drives the mando. My best drive these days is 275. Like on Saturday, I'm going to come up short and have to toss my fourth shot only a few feet to get a look at the basket. That's my reward for getting my longest drive to go straight down the fairway three times.

Comment

Pretty sure a good portion of the 'pros' I've talked to agree that the hole at Horning's feels forced, and well it is. It isn't a natural golf shot, but it is what it is.

Comment

It be what it be.

Comment

The best team of course designers out there:

rear: Strutter, Vermin
                              front: Og, Figit, Randall, Wally

Imagine the options that could open up with some well placed time holes.
                              Last edited by Ol' Bob; March 17th, 2010, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X