X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champion edition plastic?

Why do people consider champ edition plastic to be the best?

Made form pure unobtainium.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by columbia gorge discgolf View Post
      Why do people consider champ edition plastic to be the best?
      It's nearly indestructible. The chemistry geeks say this is because it's almost 100% polyurethane.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

My personal theory is because it's prettier than the other types of plastic...
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

And the drawbacks of an indestructible disc from a marketing perspective?

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
            And the drawbacks of an indestructible disc from a marketing perspective?
            Well, exactly. I don't know if that really has anything to do with its disappearance, but it does make you wonder.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

well some of the ESP/Star discs are much more stable and have a different flight. Pro D/DX breaks in too quickly and I never liked the feel of it. Elite X/Pro breaks in too fast and is usually less stable to begin with and has a different flight as well. Elite Z/Champion doesn't have the grip or durability.

Champion Edition: durable and dependable, like Latitude 64 Opto!
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Actually, that CE Eagle I found with the mower wasn't quite indestructible.

Comment

I would have stopped making it too. Or maybe just charge an insane amount for them.
                  www.soulpancake.com
                  www.bahai.org
                  http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

I always love the theories about Innova discontinuing CE because it was too durable.

That being said, it was really nice plastic. Its a hair more grippy than Champ/Z, glides a touch more, is very durable, and molded up pretty nicely (if not a little flat).

I think Opto is just as durable and is more grippy, but doesn't glide quite as well. It also can mold up with more dome than CE, which is good for some discs.
                    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                      I always love the theories about Innova discontinuing CE because it was too durable.
                      Well it's hard to not think that when they come out with crap like R-Pro.

WORST PLASTIC EVER!
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

i once found a CE firebird perfect condition, no name no number, and got my first ace with it a week later. CE plastic is great

Comment

The reason why I ask this question is because this summer I came accross a brand new Valkryie at a garage sale and picked it up for .25 cents. I went to throw it and some older golfers freaked out. They said it should be on the wall. To me this is a crazy idea. So I just wanted to know what the deal was. And while we are on the topic, I can't quite wrap my head around collecting disc you aren't going to use. Whats up?

Comment

I've had people say the same thing to me when I throw my AbramObama Buzzz. Whats the point of having a disc if you aren't gonna throw it?

Comment

I don't understand the "put it on the wall" mentality either. Discs want to fly.

(Although I realize you shouldn't anthropomorphize discs; they hate that.)
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X