Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked up a later run CE Eagle off Avery Jenkins on eBay for 26$. I have no idea why it didn't sell for more than that. Pretty stoked to get it next week, I have a Star Eagle but I'm not a huge fan of it.
    My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

so one of the old timers from steli gave me a super roc awhile back(and god is it money). but when he gave it to me he told me that is was" a X out CE candy super roc" is this a tru statement???

Comment

Post a pic and I'll tell you.
        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
          Just picked up a later run CE Eagle off Avery Jenkins on eBay for 26$. I have no idea why it didn't sell for more than that. Pretty stoked to get it next week, I have a Star Eagle but I'm not a huge fan of it.
          Depends if its the X mold or not. CE EL's are nice but probably not quite worth $26, but CE EX's are the bees knees.
          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
            Depends if its the X mold or not. CE EL's are nice but probably not quite worth $26, but CE EX's are the bees knees.
            not sure to tell you the truth, but if you can tell from the picture here it is.

Comment

Can't tell from the top, need to see a profile of the rim.

If you have a Teebird and a TL handy, its the same difference for the Eagle-X vs. Eagle-L. The underside of the Eagle-X wing is a little more concave and has a notch (flat ridge at the outer underside edge of the wing).
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Alright. I know what you mean now with the teebird tl reference. So if the rim is different from my star eagle it's the good one, or is the star all together different anyways.

Comment

how about just asking avery?

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                    how about just asking avery?
                    I was actually thinking of doing that today, cause now I'm curious. I'm not too worried either way though. I was trying to like my star eagle but something about that disc in star was bothering me. I've tossed my friends champion and liked it a lot more. So at the end of the day I'm sure a CE will be even better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
                      Alright. I know what you mean now with the teebird tl reference. So if the rim is different from my star eagle it's the good one,
                      Other way around. Stars are all X mold. The star eagles also fly great so I don't think there's a good reason to chase down CE.

Got a really beat up CE EL for 2 dollars in the used bin at Next Adventure one time. Traded it for a new Champ Roc. Traded that for two new star eagles. Score.

Comment

Haha. Nice series of trades. I don't know what it was about the star , I just wasn't a big fan. There's certain discs I love in star like the mako, destroyer and xcalibur but I hate the star teebirds compared to champion. Oh well. We'll see. If nothing else it's a 26$ CE disc signed by a world champ for the wall if I'm not super stoked on it n

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                          ok, ive never thrown ce plastic. i'm really not a fan of hard plastics. i can say that parks has it right from a buisness standpoint. my father does a lot of contract work on plastic and has also taken an interest in molding discs (aeronautical engineer). molding the very hard n brittle (during curing) plastic like ce is a hit n miss operation. the plastic itself has to be in a much more controlled enviornment, i.e. temperature, humidity, etc. while doing this back in the day wouldnt result in too much more overhead,today would be killer. iwas lead to believe this was also the reason that they only do very limited runs of the gummy champion. too much handwork and rejects to turn a profit consistently. ud have to charge a massive markup to break even. although u innova fiends seem to all have a hard on for any disc molded in this blend. im sure ud all take a little raping to buy new versions of ur favorite discs.
                          p.s. i just did this on my ps3. with a controller. im that lame.
                          Forum posting from the PS3, that is SO lame! But in a hilarious and sort of awesome way. Thanks for exposing yourself.

Comment

ok so how bad am i. i'm posting this from my ipod touch!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mazza View Post
                              ok so how bad am i. i'm posting this from my ipod touch!!!
                              i would use my touch but it got smashed from falling oh well
                              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                                got in touch with Avery and he confirmed that it's an X mold. woot.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X