X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    (Although I realize you shouldn't anthropomorphize discs; they hate that.)
    Nice.

I agree on the throwers-not-showers mentality too, for the most part. But, if it's by chance its a first or even a second run, I probably wouldn't throw it. Some people will pay good money for those. Any other run though, let 'er rip!
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

You have to decide at the outset what it is you wish to do, make money, or make sense, as the two are mutually exclusive.
      --R. Buckminster Fuller

Something really weird going on with the quote function. It kept replacing the capitals with lower case.
      Last edited by Ol' Bob; January 29th, 2010, 01:52 PM.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        anthropomorphize
        I had to look that up!

I love .25 cent words.
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
          I had to look that up!
          You animal!

Comment

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...thropomorphize

lol

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I personally like the idea of collecting discs that have personal meaning to someone, that being said some are going to be more attatched to certain discs than others. I don't go out and buy discs to hang on my wall but I do save every tournament players pack disc I get as well as a few others that I find have more value to save than to throw. I still feel horrible that I lost my first tourney disc at Hornings, and I would kill to get it back. I think I also base my collection on how many times I've heard people complain that they got their first ace then promptly lost the disc and hit themselves for it ever since.
              PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
              dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

There is no point for me to throw a limited edition/first run/CFR etc. disc when I have five or six others sitting at home that are the same disc that I can beat into oblivion.

Saying there is no point to getting a disc if you're not going to throw it is like saying there is no reason to collect a coin if you're not going to spend it, or why collect stamps if you're not going to mail anything with them.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                  There is no point for me to throw a limited edition/first run/CFR etc. disc when I have five or six others sitting at home that are the same disc that I can beat into oblivion.

Saying there is no point to getting a disc if you're not going to throw it is like saying there is no reason to collect a coin if you're not going to spend it, or why collect stamps if you're not going to mail anything with them.
                  Touché
                  According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
                    I personally like the idea of collecting discs that have personal meaning to someone, that being said some are going to be more attatched to certain discs than others. I don't go out and buy discs to hang on my wall but I do save every tournament players pack disc I get as well as a few others that I find have more value to save than to throw. I still feel horrible that I lost my first tourney disc at Hornings, and I would kill to get it back. I think I also base my collection on how many times I've heard people complain that they got their first ace then promptly lost the disc and hit themselves for it ever since.
                    If you like CE plastic or any rare collectible discs you must check out this new site called www.discgolfmuseum.com
                    I have hundreds of rare and collectible discs to view or purchase!
                    I also have hundred of used discs for great prices!
                    I have all runs a Katana'a and any other hard to find dis

Comment

That's great you have a new website and I'm not trying to be a jerk but if you could post in the correct area you wouldn't look like spam and people would be more apt to check out the site.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                        Made form pure unobtainium.
                        "The Core" Reference
                        Read this ^

Comment

I have so many discs hanging on the wall at my Shack... including the hot pink putter I'll never use that I got at the Hoedown last Sunday... Disc golf is such a huge part of my life that it just makes sense to hang them... and when you've been doing it for 30 years you're bound to have a lot of plastic that you don't use anymore... over the doorway to the front porch my dad's girlfriend made a sort of collage I suppose you'd call it of what we consider "collector's discs"... old Wham-o's, 71's and discs with stamps that are sentimental to us... I'll see if I can get a pic posted... some of y'all might get a kick out of it... and maybe even some interior design ideas of your own for your living rooms... hehe...

peace threw disc golf,
                          emmarose
                          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

That was a fun romp, DGM. Prices are okay.

Comment

I just got a mental image of a house built of wine and beer bottles with discs all over the walls. I collect all the wrong things. I go to the dump and bring home more than I took.

Comment

as part of being a disc golf addict and it being my hobby of choice, collecting discs seems to be part of the hobby... play the game, buy many discs to try out, hang some "valuable" discs on the wall to show all those non disc golfers and disc golfers alike, sign on to like 4 different forums, hosts tournaments, be officers on various dg clubs, it becomes a complete circle of the hobby life to collect some discs... i just started collecting and have over 15 ce and kc pro on the wall, felt I wasn't complete without having something to show for it.. heh

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X