Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally wouldn't sign up in advance, not knowing if I will be available to watch. I am a day-of type of guy when it comes to this, but if I am available, I will gladly pay and watch.
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

of course give the ams a chance to shine on tv... which will probably be shots of me parking drives or going swimming... hmmm...

Comment

If the "swimming" is on the courses, we might also see you being hauled off by the park cops.

(going in the water not allowed at either course plus it's hazardous at Fountain)

Comment

I'm not understanding why there's a big hooplahh about this being a paid to watch event...had there not been a "paid to watch" event for the USDGC no one would have been able to really "feel" the event and see what everything was about...I enjoyed the coverage, was glued to it, and appreciated the efforts that were put in by everyone who made it happen. This is another level of progression within our sport. If we all didn't want to get better at our respective facets of the sport then it would be stagnant. Looking to progress from a 950 rated round to a 1000 rated round is the same as the media progression of people "hearing" about a tourney to actually seeing the tourney. Let's stop criticizing and start supporting...after all, when's the last time you heard someone being criticized for progressing any sport except here. I know we'd all give anything to see disc golf televised on ESPN Ocho and if it were, we'd all pay the extra on our cable bills to view it, so why not pay the extra and support it now!
          Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
            If the "swimming" is on the courses, we might also see you being hauled off by the park cops.

(going in the water not allowed at either course plus it's hazardous at Fountain)
            meant my discs... but okay...

Comment

Originally posted by OneDarkRebel View Post
              I'm not understanding why there's a big hooplahh about this being a paid to watch event...had there not been a "paid to watch" event for the USDGC no one would have been able to really "feel" the event and see what everything was about...I enjoyed the coverage, was glued to it, and appreciated the efforts that were put in by everyone who made it happen. This is another level of progression within our sport. If we all didn't want to get better at our respective facets of the sport then it would be stagnant. Looking to progress from a 950 rated round to a 1000 rated round is the same as the media progression of people "hearing" about a tourney to actually seeing the tourney. Let's stop criticizing and start supporting...after all, when's the last time you heard someone being criticized for progressing any sport except here. I know we'd all give anything to see disc golf televised on ESPN Ocho and if it were, we'd all pay the extra on our cable bills to view it, so why not pay the extra and support it now!

Very well put, as usual Andy, you are a great ambassador of the sport; keep it up, man . . . you're appreciated

I am stoked to watch the event and would have paid double . . . just to support the cause. If it sounds to spendy, invite a couple dgers over to watch as much as they want as long as they help flip the bill.

-Derek
              new DGO.com up soon

Comment

Umm, there was not a "paid to watch" (I think you mean pay-per-view?) event at USDGC. That was free, and I could barely make myself watch for twenty minutes. Hole 17 at Winthrop is pretty cool, especially with the hay bales set up, but not cool enough to watch endlessly.

I think we're all just upset because we have to have this argument at all. I certainly wish disc golf was big enough already, that live Memorial coverage would be a given on whatever TV channel was rich/savvy enough to buy the broadcasting rights.

The demographic is not big enough yet. Help DG fix that, and then attack the live coverage issues. This Memorial debacle is more of of a quick thrill than a true investment.
                The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

When the broadcasts get interrupted every ten minutes for an erectile dysfunction pill commercial, we will know we've arrived.
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                    When the broadcasts get interrupted every ten minutes for an erectile dysfunction pill commercial, we will know we've arrived.
                    why is that? you the spokesperson?

Comment

No, that would be Flomax.
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

can't wait for the day to come! If everyone gets on board, might get there faster

Comment

Originally posted by DiscGolfOregon3 View Post
                          Very well put, as usual Andy, you are a great ambassador of the sport; keep it up, man . . . you're appreciated

I am stoked to watch the event and would have paid double . . . just to support the cause. If it sounds to spendy, invite a couple dgers over to watch as much as they want as long as they help flip the bill.

-Derek
                          new DGO.com up soon
                          Thanks for the sentiment Derek, however this is Marcus Crespi out of Bend, OR. And I am constantly working to become a better ambassador of the sport and hope to represent well at The Memorial!
                          Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

Originally posted by OneDarkRebel View Post
                            Thanks for the sentiment Derek, however this is Marcus Crespi out of Bend, OR. And I am constantly working to become a better ambassador of the sport and hope to represent well at The Memorial!

Laugh . . . good work, man. I had just finished reading a post from Dexterhawk in another thread before reading yours, and forgot somehow that I was reading something new . . . funny stuff

-Derek
                            new DGO.com up soon

Comment

FYI - The PDGA is not funding the live Memorial coverage effort at all. It's totally the efforts of Duesler (who is a PDGA contractor, not employee) and his associates at DiscGolfPlanet.tv and Todocast. The PDGA supports the effort by allowing them access to send emails to PDGA members and posting info on the PDGA website but that's it.

Comment

i've been watching brandon parsons (hope i spelled that right) on the live broadcast. and they have been talking him up like mad..." i can't belive how big of an arm this kid has"...."heres big arm brandon up to tee".... great job guys keep up the good work...ryan and heath hang in there...theres more golf to come

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X