Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogs off leash is always a good popcorn thread, regardless of what websight it pops up on.

Originally posted by "Getty"
    I've seen dogs go after horses twice at Juel............
    I'm sure you've seen the guy with the four large unleashed white dogs out there, he's there nearly every time I show up. I havent seen a dog/horse confrontation yet, but I'm sure its no fun for the horses. Dog prolly thinks its riot.

I have never been bothered by any dog, on any course, as long as I have played, and thats a long time.

Originally posted by Getty
    Chuck, Lincoln is always welcome in my group
    Lincoln is a devil dog, Chuck knows it, thats why he's leashed at all times.
    I seen that dog leap 8 feet straight up and tear the throat out of a 900 pound Grizzly.

Originally posted by "ChUck
    Does anybody have anything new to talk about?
    Nope
    I blew my wad with the tree on 14 story.

Comment

There was a disc golfer watching the tournament at white river this weekend with his dog off leash in the middle of our first tournament round. He was letting the dog run around all over the fairways of 1 and 17. One of the guys in my group knew him and as soon as he saw him from a distance he was like oh shit, so and so is out here with his dog that runs all over the place when you are trying to throw and shits all over the place and he never picks it up. Sure enough when we get to 17 the dog is still near the fairway and the owner starts walking up behind us when the one guy who knew him in our group is about to take his upshot. The dog actually calmed down behind us for a bit until just before the guy who knew him was just about to throw and then the dog barks. The guy in my group shakes it off gets set to throw everything is quite again lines it up and the dog barks again. At that point we all told the guy he needed to take his dog off the course but it was pretty funny that of course it happened to the one guy in our group who knew that guy and was pissed the moment he saw him. The cherry on top was the owner ended up putting his dog somewhere out of the way but was sitting under the covering by hole number one when we were playing that hole and was being super loud about how tough a shot it was right when the guy who knew him was throwing his upshot on that hole.
      Read this ^

Comment

The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

That would be good old Victor.

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
            There was a disc golfer watching the tournament at white river this weekend with his dog off leash in the middle of our first tournament round. He was letting the dog run around all over the fairways of 1 and 17. One of the guys in my group knew him and as soon as he saw him from a distance he was like oh shit, so and so is out here with his dog that runs all over the place when you are trying to throw and shits all over the place and he never picks it up. Sure enough when we get to 17 the dog is still near the fairway and the owner starts walking up behind us when the one guy who knew him in our group is about to take his upshot. The dog actually calmed down behind us for a bit until just before the guy who knew him was just about to throw and then the dog barks. The guy in my group shakes it off gets set to throw everything is quite again lines it up and the dog barks again. At that point we all told the guy he needed to take his dog off the course but it was pretty funny that of course it happened to the one guy in our group who knew that guy and was pissed the moment he saw him. The cherry on top was the owner ended up putting his dog somewhere out of the way but was sitting under the covering by hole number one when we were playing that hole and was being super loud about how tough a shot it was right when the guy who knew him was throwing his upshot on that hole.
            It's a small world, Dan, for two reasons...

(1) I witnessed the second half of that episode from 18's tee box, which is to say I saw Blaine turn around abruptly after the 2nd bark and shoot a glance at the guy, who sheepishly hurried away with his yippy dog.

(2) A second, less notable, off-leash incident on the following day of the same Ice Bowl: near the end of the final round, my group is walking up to 12's tee box as a guy is coming down the adjacent path "leading" a caravan of 2 hapless tricycling kids and an unleashed dog. About every 5 or 10 seconds he has to call out, "Cooper!" to keep his silly rascal of a dog from wandering off into oblivion. Cooper has his nose the ground, tail thrashing, head swiveling to and fro, apparently exploring a place he has not been more than a couple times before, if at all. So between Cooper's frantic trampling through all the bushes within 5 yards of the path, his owner's continual calling of his name, and the children laughing and screaming, the ambiance is not ideal for my groupmates and I to throw our tee shots. I respectfully ask the guy if he has a leash with him, to which he doesn't respond <pretending not to hear?>, so I repeat the question verbatim. He looks over, offers an uninterested yet smug, "Yup," and continues on his joyless way.

At that point I considered a response like, "Well, this isn't an off-leash area, and we'd appreciate it if you would follow the park rules and use that leash," but couldn't come up with anything sufficiently poignant or articulate on the fly, so I decided to let him mull over the facts and reach his own conclusion. He certainly had his hands (and patience) full with all the dependents requiring his attention, so I don't blame him for blowing me off, but at the same time it's pretty clear that leashing the dog would have made things more manageable and enjoyable for him.

So in conlcusion, and to echo a sentiment that others have mentioned, both incidents would likely have been non-issues had they not occurred during a sanctioned tournament. Whereas, given the circumstances I am left remembering both men as irresponsible and inconsiderate pet owners.

P.S. just like several others who have commented, I like almost all dogs; it's generally their people at whom I take umbrage.
            anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
              P.S. just like several others who have commented, I like almost all dogs; it's generally their people at whom I take umbrage.

Very well said . . .

-Derek

www.DiscGolfOregon.com

Comment

I suppose you could train dogs to go after those iPod speakers.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X