X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMan View Post
    This is the funniest remark I have seen yet, can someone say, external locus of control? Sure blame it on the dog, or was that a shadow, or a leaf falling, something spoiled my WHOLE round and I HAD NOTHING to do with it. This is rich....
    ok, let me elaborate, Deaf guy putting from 10 feet, hill behind basket, dog runs from behind the guy towards basket down the hill, but in the motion of actually going to putt, is when the dog ran from behind the guy towards the basket and there you go, that was really close... i bet if i jumped right in front of you while you putting, that would suck heh...

and i set a pound range earlier, but apparently a few people didnt understand why although i did say why... because you can pick it up in case you have to if another dog comes charging, or you don't wanna piss off another golfer by your dog running around when its their time to throw etc...bsbs whatever...
    Last edited by snap7times; January 29th, 2010, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
      ...just made my day!
      Me too. Chortle.

As I hope folks can see, it's the mind tricks of various advocates of any side that are the subject that never gets old, or is it, too old? My pet peeve (pun unavoidable) is the mental gymnastics someone will go through to try to get their pet OKed. I realize that I'm a hypocrite in good standing, but I do hate having to resist expanding my range of hypocrisies.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
        No sweat, buddy. Perhaps you should also start a new thread about the illegal consumption of drugs and alcohol on the course, let it fill with a few pages of garbage and opinions, and I'll come in and crap all over that one too.

Does anybody have anything new to talk about?
        Now THAT is funny.

Comment

What a bunch of pathetic whiners. Ripped disc golf pants--fear of breaking laws--oh my, deaf guys having their concentration broken -by a dog-consider that day ruined---heaven's sake I hope THAT never happens to me.
          The main reason I play is to give my dogs a good walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike G View Post
            What a bunch of pathetic whiners. Ripped disc golf pants--fear of breaking laws--oh my, deaf guys having their concentration broken -by a dog-consider that day ruined---heaven's sake I hope THAT never happens to me.
            In keeping in the spirit of fair play, I consider this post to contain equal idiocy as the OP.
            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Dogs and Disc Golf Poll

Democracy style.

Comment

Take them to a dog park .

Ignoramus.

Comment

Wow, has this thread been a barrel of fun to read or what. I agree with Chuck that after having read eerily similar threads before I see some consistent themes. One of which is that everyone is going to have different notions of what's appropriate on a disc golf course, and honestly I don't think we'll ever come close to an agreement on these matters.
                  As for dogs and disc golf, I'll throw my two cents in behind the "it depends on the course and how crowded it is model." I personally have a mild phobia of large dogs but I also love to play with dogs as long as I know they're not going to hurt me. If the course is fairly empty I have no issue with dogs, if it's Pier on a Saturday, leashing's probably the best way to go.
                  PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                  dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

I think dogs should always be leashed except at dog parks. I used to bring our cranky old dog to McIver but stopped after a few cases of unleashed dogs approaching us. The owners said something like 'oh don't worry, our dog is friendly.' Doesn't matter, mine isn't. Keep them on their leashes.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                      a-fudgin-men... I strongly encourage not bringing dogs to disc golf courses period cuz of the crap they will leave behind and the possibility of them ruining someone else's round....

Firstttt time i wore milo's on the course, stepped in doo-doo! I sometimes bring boston terriers to the course with me, but my gosh it's a little obedient type of dog I could keep on a leash, clean up it's small doo-doo with a doggy bag and pick it up if another stupid axx dog came running up, and i still would have 2 legs to kick the shit out of the attacking dog and use my left arm to slap the daylights out it too... and oh yeah, its more distracting to Deaf disc golfers, it happened at a oddga tournament where this guy brought his dogs and thought his dogs were well trained, well he ruined the round when one of his dogs made a move right when one of us was putting, missed a 10 footer and there went the day... So in short, if it's over 25 pounds, leave it off the course...
                      I'm a super nice guy but i have zero patience for dumb owners who let their dogs run free on courses and i have kicked the daylights out of attacking dogs before, pissed off the owner but he knew he was wrong...

Really its ok to bring your dog, but if I have a fat dog I cant bring it. You sir are sizest

Leash your dog and pick up its doo doo, I do.
                      Last edited by The Brodys; January 30th, 2010, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Takkunen View Post
                        I think dogs should always be leashed except at dog parks. I used to bring our cranky old dog to McIver but stopped after a few cases of unleashed dogs approaching us. The owners said something like 'oh don't worry, our dog is friendly.' Doesn't matter, mine isn't. Keep them on their leashes.
                        This brings up a very good point. My dog has issues with other dogs running up to us that he does not knowand has been known to bark or growl at unknown dogs. It’s his breed he’s an Australian Sheppard/ lab mix (oddly he doesn’t chase discs). On his leash and my golf bag, I have dog poo bags, which I use to pick up any poo I find on the course my dog's or not. Most cities have ordinances against letting dogs run free, which carry a fine whether you supervising them or not.
                        Throw What You Know.
                        "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                        PDGA# 45989

Comment

Can Labrador genes cancel out the insanity of an Australian Shepard?

Hey, I just spotted a crazy dog.

Don't be silly, they're born with spots.
                          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike G View Post
                            forgot to mention it was in a tournament, not a casual round...

Comment

If there's one thing that should come out of this thread, that we all should agree on 100%, it's that dogs do not belong at tournaments. Really, anytime money is on the line, but especially during tournament play.
                              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

I place some blame on the TD then. Dog should never have been allowed in the group.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X