X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
    Keep em' on a leash and pick up their crap!
    a-fudgin-men... I strongly encourage not bringing dogs to disc golf courses period cuz of the crap they will leave behind and the possibility of them ruining someone else's round....

Firstttt time i wore milo's on the course, stepped in doo-doo! I sometimes bring boston terriers to the course with me, but my gosh it's a little obedient type of dog I could keep on a leash, clean up it's small doo-doo with a doggy bag and pick it up if another stupid axx dog came running up, and i still would have 2 legs to kick the shit out of the attacking dog and use my left arm to slap the daylights out it too... and oh yeah, its more distracting to Deaf disc golfers, it happened at a oddga tournament where this guy brought his dogs and thought his dogs were well trained, well he ruined the round when one of his dogs made a move right when one of us was putting, missed a 10 footer and there went the day... So in short, if it's over 25 pounds, leave it off the course...
    I'm a super nice guy but i have zero patience for dumb owners who let their dogs run free on courses and i have kicked the daylights out of attacking dogs before, pissed off the owner but he knew he was wrong...

Comment

I always have extra for those times, I let them know I have an extra, and ask nicely...
      educate your thinking

Comment

Dogs are Awesome, but . . . on the course ? ? ?

I am so honored as to have a beautiful 80+ pound Chocolate Lab. She will be 7 November 5, 2010, a month after my daughter, Isabella (Bella), turns 7 on October 6 . . . Yes, they are a month apart. My son, Tayton (Tater) is almost 10! Nine and a half today . . .

Her name? "Sophie's Sensational Spirit"; we call her, "Sophie" . . . by far the best gift that my awesome Dad has ever given me, and probably the most expensive . . . you'd think that a $800 dollar puppy could at least cook . . .

Well, Sophie has a disease with no cure in sight . . . she is a FETCHAHOLIC . . . poor dog I often have to specifically ask people not to throw or kick the pinecone/stick/rock/leaf/ball/walnut/acorn/blade of grass/ twig/or piece of firewood that "So-So" has dropped at their feet with her attentive "PLAYYYYYY??" look on here face; once she starts, it is a pain in the arse to get her to stop . . . However, she is amazingly intelligent . . . I know, I sound like a proud father . . . It is very difficult to convince her to pick up a disc that does not already "smell" of her slobber She basically ignores other dogs unless they smell her "bathing suit" area too much

THE POINT OF THIS RAMBLING ? ? ? Too make it obvious how much I love MY dog and consider her a family member . . . Do I take Sophie disc golfing? Very rarely . . . I prefer to focus on my game, rather than focusing on trying to appease peeps whom may have ill-dog-sentiments. But I do take her sometimes (plastic poop bags stashed and ready) If it is an early morning, just a dead day at the course, or a very large course with few patrons, I consider taking her. I bring a leash, attaching it anytime I see another dog (out of respect, not because Sophie give's a rat's a** about the other pooch) and anytime that I notice a player that "So-So" doesn't already know approaching our group or just myself.

I just may own the "sweetest" dog in the world, but she holds down the fort when I'm playing serious golf . . .

-Derek
        www.DiscGolfOregon.com

P.S. So . . . Cindy, Reagan's a boy, right? . . . Ya guys bringin' your pups to the U of O Valentine Dubs Tourney? I'd love to meet your Labs . . . We'll bring Sophie, if so. We can create a nice little covered area with food and water for the dogs to chill; I've plenty of tarps and rope

P.S.S. Grrrrrrrrr . . . Freakin' irresponsible dog owners!!! I wish a swift dog bite across the arse for each of 'em . . .

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
          a-fudgin-men... I strongly encourage not bringing dogs to disc golf courses period cuz of the crap they will leave behind and the possibility of them ruining someone else's round....

Firstttt time i wore milo's on the course, stepped in doo-doo! I sometimes bring boston terriers to the course with me, but my gosh it's a little obedient type of dog I could keep on a leash, clean up it's small doo-doo with a doggy bag and pick it up if another stupid axx dog came running up, and i still would have 2 legs to kick the shit out of the attacking dog and use my left arm to slap the daylights out it too... and oh yeah, its more distracting to Deaf disc golfers, it happened at a oddga tournament where this guy brought his dogs and thought his dogs were well trained, well he ruined the round when one of his dogs made a move right when one of us was putting, missed a 10 footer and there went the day... So in short, if it's over 25 pounds, leave it off the course...
          I'm a super nice guy but i have zero patience for dumb owners who let their dogs run free on courses and i have kicked the daylights out of attacking dogs before, pissed off the owner but he knew he was wrong...
          Setting a pound range for whether to bring a dog or not doesn't help. The most annoying dog I have ever played with was a 7-10 pound dog who waited right in front of the tee pad, chased your disc, while yelping rappidly as loud as possible and often moved your disc. The dog wasn't one of my group member's so this goes back to the irresponsable dog owner because he was letting the dog run free. The only time he saw the dog was when he came running to us when he thought the dog ran into an electirc fence but it was just its normal yelp that it did every hole.
          On the other hand my friend has a well trained, 75 pound, golden retriever who is practically a part of him family. He barley ever brings her but she is defenitly my favorite disc golf dog.

So thats what I think.

PS. I hate it when people don't pick up their dog crap!!
          A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscGolfOregon3 View Post

P.S. So . . . Cindy, Reagan's a boy, right? . . . Ya guys bringin' your pups to the U of O Valentine Dubs Tourney? I'd love to meet your Labs . . . We'll bring Sophie, if so. We can create a nice little covered area with food and water for the dogs to chill; I've plenty of tarps and rope

P.S.S. Grrrrrrrrr . . . Freakin' irresponsible dog owners!!! I wish a swift dog bite across the arse for each of 'em . . .
            Reagan is a girl actually, and Bogart is a boy (complete boy I might add ). We are still on the fence a bit on this one, but now leaning towards coming. If we do come I think we would bring the dogs.

Cindy
            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

I used to bring my dog all the time when I had my little standard sized Dachsund. He would just follow me around and never bother anybody besides me while I was putting or bending over to put down a marker.

I would bring my current dog Rx (A Basset Hound/Mastif, and no this isn't a mistype, he's really those two breeds). His short stubby legs just can't cut it more then one round and he hates hot weather so it's really his decision not to go.

I absolutely hate it when people are irresponsible with their pets. Makes me want to put the owner on a leash beside their dogs and show them both how to behave in a proper manner.

Stu

P.S. If your dog fetches discs, leave them at home. I have had more discs bitten through by random assholes. I will replace my eaten disc from one currently in your bag that hasn't been chewed. And this is not negotiable.
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

It's pretty easy to see the downsides vs. the upsides. In the case of compatibility with DG, it's not the few who mess it up for the many. The dogs that work out well with DG are the rare ones. When I was in the navy, there was an old tradition that any request that began with, "my car," or, "my wife," was not going to get approved. No one should be surprised when looking for an exception for their little Woofie to have their "my dog" request not make it.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

well he ruined the round when one of his dogs made a move right when one of us was putting, missed a 10 footer and there went the day... .
                  One ten footer should never ruin a round
                  Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                    Um, how so?
                    I guess I was expecting something new and fresh, some positive story about a dog that threw a disc 30 feet, something, anything but...

...the same damn unleashed-poop whine-fest that it always is.

Except this time, the comparison of dogs to drugs happened in record time- the 2nd post! Good job everyone, hopefully soon we can condense useless threads like this one to a single post, wherein the OP hashes out both crappy arguments with as little fluff as possible. Think of all the time saved. We'll be Vulcans in no time.
                    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Good job everyone, hopefully soon we can condense useless threads like this one to a single post,

Chuck, thanks for posting twice on this useless thread.

Comment

No sweat, buddy. Perhaps you should also start a new thread about the illegal consumption of drugs and alcohol on the course, let it fill with a few pages of garbage and opinions, and I'll come in and crap all over that one too.

Does anybody have anything new to talk about?
                        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

well he ruined the round when one of his dogs made a move right when one of us was putting, missed a 10 footer and there went the day...
                          This is the funniest remark I have seen yet, can someone say, external locus of control? Sure blame it on the dog, or was that a shadow, or a leaf falling, something spoiled my WHOLE round and I HAD NOTHING to do with it. This is rich....
                          educate your thinking

Comment

I've seen dogs go after horses twice at Juel. We share the park with equestrians but they have to ride out the edge of the park and use it as a connector to the trail system in the watershed.

First time one of my buddy's had his little Boston Terrier with him off-leash and behaving nicely until the horses came thru; ten lb dog v 1000 lb horse and the BT wins, except it loses because it's straight to the car for the cur.

Second time was in October when some dude had his new rescue animal off-leash out at Juel, and the dog didn't know a single command. It was a big dog and was going after peoples' discs. I stayed far away but when the horses cam thru all Hell broke loose. The dog went for the horses, scaring the crap out of the riders and mounts, and pissing me off to no end. As a dog owner, horse owner and DG'er I just can't tolerate dummies who'd bring an animal like this to the park. It took about 15 minutes to catch the mutt. Dummy couldn't understand why I was so pissed since it wasn't my discs being torn up or my horses being attacked as he kept telling me to chill. Dummy didn't understand his irresponsibility could cause us to lose the only DG course on the Eastside.

Chuck, Lincoln is always welcome in my group. Almost all the DG dogs I've encountered have been well-behaved and a pleasure to have along. As great as my border collies are, I still choose to keep them at home.
                            Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

I only tolerate dogs being off leash if they are drinking alcohol, doing drugs, crapping in the tee box and chewing on my disc golf bag. Then it is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                                I only tolerate dogs being off leash if they are drinking alcohol, doing drugs, crapping in the tee box and chewing on my disc golf bag. Then it is ok.

hehehe! I love you for this...

...just made my day!

peace threw disc golf,
                                emmarose
                                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X