X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snooskie Longhorn View Post
    Sillybizz, I have a question regarding your statement, "...alcohol/drugs on the course. It's illegal ..."
    Do you feel differently about alcohol/disc golf where it is allowed, such as at course on private property like Horning's Hideout? How about about a disc golfer using Medical Marijuana on the course, which they acquired by prescription? In other words, do you dislike the activity itself or dislike it when people break the law?

Dogs and Disc Golf? If the law allows dogs on the course, then dogs are allowed on the course. Nothing you can do will change that.

I have two dogs and choose not to take them golfing with me out of respect for the other golfers. I have taken them with me when I golf alone, but two leashed dogs and disc golf is difficult for me, so I avoid it.

Another thing, I've replaced my golf bag twice because of dogs. First, a passer-by dog (on leash) urinated on my bag while I was teeing off. My dogs decided that they needed to mark that bag with their urine. Replaced bag. Second, I set my bag down in dog shit somewhere and it smeared all over my backpack straps and shorts. Yummy! Replaced bag and straps.

I love dogs and I love disc. But not both at the same time.
    Why didnt you just wash your gear man, thats an expensive way of dealing with it
    Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
      O.K., I don't know how everyone else feels about Dogs and DG but I think its
      very inconsiderate to let dogs run off leash at a disc golf parks or any parks
      for that matter. If you want your dog to be able to run free then take it to a dog park!

Why am I bringing this up? Well two reasons. The first one is my dog was attacked from behind by another dog 3 times its size while he was on a leash.
      I was playing and didn't see the other dog run up on mine. By the time I noticed the dog already had my dog by his harness. So acting on instinct I pushed the dog off with my foot and while doing that I steped on my own
      puppys foot, fracturing it. I won't go into detail of what happened between the other dogs owner and myself. I will say ,that I had to pay 150.00 of a 300.00 vet bill because of a irresponsible dog owner. The Idiot said it was half my fault and I knew it would cost me more to take him to court.

Now for the 2nd reason. 3 days ago I was playing Lunchtime,I drove 3 discs,
      2 landed in fairway and the third turned over into the parking lot and faded
      back to almost make it back inbounds past the old basket ball hoop. There was a car parked there and 3 guys and a dog were hanging out. I yelled 4
      they waved back and watched my disc go around there car.

So I walk around the car ,pick up my disc and start to head for my others in
      the 12th fairway. While walking towards the steps I see the dog out of the corner of my eye and she doesn't look happy to see me. I could tell it was going to bite me. She was staring at my left hand so I pulled it up and when I did that she lunged for my left leg. I could feel her mouth around my leg for just a split second and I pulled my leg from her mouth most of the way. My leg was ok but she ripped a brand new pair of disc golf pants.

You could tell the owner felt bad,he took down my # and said he would call
      me the next day with some $ or new Pants. He hasn't yet.

Sorry to ramble so long but I felt the need to get this out there.
      Please leash your dogs when required by law. Also please remember some
      folks are scared of dogs or just dont like em.

Chopper.
      I know your pain Carl. But let's face it buddy, you just gotta stop throwing at Lunchtime. Too many neighbors and noobs. We'll be at Pier tomorrow at 4, come on out.
      'J'
      educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
        a brand new pair of disc golf pants
        They have disc golf pants??
        Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
        PDGA #37890
        Stumptown #157
        ODW TDG 10-11
        3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
          I know your pain Carl. But let's face it buddy, you just gotta stop throwing at Lunchtime. Too many neighbors and noobs. We'll be at Pier tomorrow at 4, come on out.
          'J'
          Are you bringing the dogs?
          Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
          PDGA #37890
          Stumptown #157
          ODW TDG 10-11
          3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Funny, no. But they'll be hunting at HH come Sunday.
            educate your thinking

Comment

Oh, a comment on owners, most are lacking the basic ability to care for themselves, let alone another life form. It is irresponsible pet owners who give dogs a bad rap.
              educate your thinking

Comment

I too am a disc golfer with dogs who chooses not to include them in golf.

It takes a pretty special dog to have the patients for the pace of a golf round.

My personal pet peeve with dogs are owners that have to yell at their dogs every 9 seconds but insist that their dogs remain off leash.

I know a couple of rad disc golf dogs and I like having them along for a round, but they are the minority and I would trade them for no bad dogs (or owners) on the course.

Comment

Dogs and Disc Golf? If the law allows dogs on the course, then dogs are allowed on the course. Nothing you can do will change that.

I think you missed the point.

Dogs are allowed on most courses. That doesn't mean they are allowed to run free.

To be clear, I love dogs, I just don't like the irresponsible owners.

J-man how many in the group for tomorrow?

Comment

Personally, I think leash laws should be followed. I'm not fond of dogs, and a lot of them don't like me.

My big pet peeve besides unleashed dogs are the owners that go to the trouble of bagging the dog poop, but then just leave it instead of putting it in the trash. Grr!!

Comment

Originally posted by motherhucker View Post
                      Personally, I think leash laws should be followed. I'm not fond of dogs, and a lot of them don't like me.

My big pet peeve besides unleashed dogs are the owners that go to the trouble of bagging the dog poop, but then just leave it instead of putting it in the trash. Grr!!
                      ...seriously... like, they think they'll remember to come back later and pick it up? One of my peeves also...
                      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Yesterday at Pier a couple brainiacs had their dog on a long leash near the pad of 6. Dog crapped right in the path and the guy grabs a stick and plays poop-hockey with it to get it into the fairway on 16.

Suggest taking the inside route for a couple days - stunk to high heaven.

The dog seemed nice, the owner could use a good neutering.

Or is it spaying for boys?

Comment

I am one of those evil disc golfers that brings my dog 90% of the time I play. Off leash! Horrible, I know. He is a seven pound black pomeranian, and the best disc dog I know. He hangs out just under my bag and I usually forget about him. I just think owners need to know there dogs. I definitely know plenty of dogs that should not be at the course. But, I think a nice well behaved dog is always a pleasure to have around.

Comment

Hunting at HH this Sunday?
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

We take our two Labs with us a lot of the time, but not all the time. Whenever I golf alone I do take our Chocolate Reagan. We do let them off lease, but only when the course is not very crowded. Our yellow Lab Bogart gets left at home more often because is definitely not as well behaved as Reagan. I have been working with her, and have her under pretty good voice command now. Yesterday I played two rounds by my self at Leverich, and Reagan was on lease pretty much the whole time because it was crowded there. I try to be a courteous dog owner, but to some I probably am not in their eyes.

Cindy
                              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                              Stumptown #176
                              PDGA #37716

Comment

Yea Bob, they help Ma with the moles...
                                educate your thinking

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.