Don't know what to do Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Don't know what to do

    As some of you may know, I am the president of the Western Oregon University Disc Golf club.

    I am really excited to host the Fundraiser Tournament on March 6, but I'm afraid that interest in the club will not increase and all the money from the tournament will be of no use.

    So I guess I don't know what to do. Should I end the club now and run the tournament through a different club? Or should I stick with this club and see where it goes?
    Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

    DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

  • #2
    Give the club time to grow.

    Comment


    • #3
      is this your first tourney? if so you should run the gig and see what happens, imo. these things start small and grow over time, as scott mentioned. i won't be able to attend this tourney, but if you advertise well, and be sure to communicate with players on here and elsewhere, it should be successful. just my two cents...
      May the wind be in your favor...

      Comment


      • #4
        Positive . . . Keep positive, bro

        PM me your phone # or call me at 541643zero77four
        I'd be very interested in what we at DiscGolfOregon.com could do to help. I know that Nate (President/CEO of DGO) has already contacted you, but I'd like to discuss some thoughts over the phone with you, pertaining to YOUR club's growth and support . . . being that I am in charge of Media and Public Relations for DiscGolfOregon (.com)

        I get horrible cell reception at my new home in the sticks, but I should answer . . . I usually work weekdays, 5:30 PM to 2:00 AM. Pretty much call me anytime other than that; everybody else does . . . sleep? huh?

        Go WOU DGC!!!!

        -Derek

        www.DiscGolfOregon.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by runnaman View Post
          As some of you may know, I am the president of the Western Oregon University Disc Golf club.

          I am really excited to host the Fundraiser Tournament on March 6, but I'm afraid that interest in the club will not increase and all the money from the tournament will be of no use.

          So I guess I don't know what to do. Should I end the club now and run the tournament through a different club? Or should I stick with this club and see where it goes?
          There is ALWAYs a club out there that needs a little extra cash. Run your event and if the club doesn't work out, donate the money to a struggling course.

          (not to say any names or point any fingers, but Lucky Mud could always use better baskets!)
          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DiscGolfOregon3 View Post
            Positive . . . Keep positive, bro

            PM me your phone # or call me at 541643zero77four
            I'd be very interested in what we at DiscGolfOregon.com could do to help. I know that Nate (President/CEO of DGO) has already contacted you, but I'd like to discuss some thoughts over the phone with you, pertaining to YOUR club's growth and support . . . being that I am in charge of Media and Public Relations for DiscGolfOregon (.com)

            I get horrible cell reception at my new home in the sticks, but I should answer . . . I usually work weekdays, 5:30 PM to 2:00 AM. Pretty much call me anytime other than that; everybody else does . . . sleep? huh?

            Go WOU DGC!!!!

            -Derek

            www.DiscGolfOregon.com
            I wish this was the response in Washington! People up here would just think "oh good their club is gone so they aren't competing with me"
            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

            ~ Cyndi Lauper ~

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for your imput. I'm going to stick with it until the end of the year at least. I was just down yesterday cause no one came to the club meeting. There is a Student Organization Fair next week and we'll have a table there. Hopefully that can bring in some more interest.
              Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

              DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by runnaman View Post
                Thanks for your imput. I'm going to stick with it until the end of the year at least. I was just down yesterday cause no one came to the club meeting. There is a Student Organization Fair next week and we'll have a table there. Hopefully that can bring in some more interest.

                Tell us more about the Student Organization Fair next week . . . could we send you some dye jobs or decals maybe ? ? ? We may be able to come up with something What day(s) is (are) the Fair?

                -Derek

                www.DiscGolfOregon.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  The fair is next Wednesday, Feb. 3. 11am-2pm.

                  If you would like send some stuff that would be awesome.

                  I think I'll offer a disc in a raffle as a way of getting more people to sign up. Maybe have people sign up for more information to sign them up for the raffle?
                  Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

                  DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by runnaman View Post
                    The fair is next Wednesday, Feb. 3. 11am-2pm.

                    If you would like send some stuff that would be awesome.

                    I think I'll offer a disc in a raffle as a way of getting more people to sign up. Maybe have people sign up for more information to sign them up for the raffle?
                    You might try creating your own raffle tickets with spots for the information you want. I would keep it simple and just try to get at least names and e-mails to start up a mailing list. Better, faster, cheaper and more wide spread advertising that way for the upcoming tournament. Just a thought.
                    Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                    PDGA #37890
                    Stumptown #157
                    ODW TDG 10-11
                    3C&D TDG 09-10

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Mailing Address? ASAP

                      Post here or email me at discgolforegon3@gmail.com

                      -Derek

                      www.DiscGolfOregon.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Chase for a young cat who is going to school you are doing great work! Give yourself a break and realize that nothing good is easy. Just so you know I am bring at least 3 people to your comp all the way from Stevenson, WA. That is how far you have been able to reach out so far. Good job!! If you build it they will come!!!!!!!!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by runnaman View Post
                          Thanks for your imput. I'm going to stick with it until the end of the year at least. I was just down yesterday cause no one came to the club meeting.
                          Don't feel bad... we have a HUGE club and no one goes to our meetings, either.

                          Good luck, man. Stick with it and get help.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm just want to say that the people on this site are awesome.

                            columbia gorge: thanks for bringing people, are you going to pre-register? I would recommend it, especially if your coming from far away because I have a feeling a lot of people are going to show up day of.
                            Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

                            DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Did you ever get the campus course set up?
                              If people see you playing maybe they'll join you for a round and join the club.

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X