X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldest courses ?

Does anyone know where the first courses were in Oregon and Washington ?

I know Fort Steilacoom has been around a while.
    Was the now defunct obstacle course at Woodland Park the first one in Washington ?

According info on the web the oldest course in Oregon is Champoeg or Rockwood.

Oregon.gov says Champoeg is the oldest and was installed in 1980.

Odsa.com says Rockwood is the oldest, it was also installed in 1980.

Anybody got better info? Was anybody involved with the installs?

Comment

I think its Rockwood. When was Camp Tadmor installed? It was designed by Steady Ed I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
        Does anyone know where the first courses were in Oregon and Washington ?

I know Fort Steilacoom has been around a while.
        Was the now defunct obstacle course at Woodland Park the first one in Washington ?
        Bicentennial was put in place in 1980, not sure how much older then that any course is.
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
          Bicentennial was put in place in 1980, not sure how much older then that any course is.
          Not alot, but Lowell said;
          NOTE: The tradition of the washington state championship goes back to before there were any courses on the east side of the state or anyplace but seattle in 1976.
          This is why I thought of Woodland Park.

Comment

Yeah, you are probably right. I think there is still a pole course that everyone forgot about in the city of Lakewood, not sure if it's still there, but when I first started people were talking about it as being REALLY old.

Make that the city of Fircrest, sorry, it's west of Tacoma I believe. I've heard of it from several different people as being from the "70's"
            Last edited by sillybizz; January 27th, 2010, 06:34 PM.
            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Rockwood was the first basket course in the NW it went in on september 17th 1980 and was design by steady Ed. Champoeg was a tree and target course first and did not get baskets until the mid 90's but has been played as a course since 1978 you would have to check with Roy Vanhouten. Camp Tadmor has been a course since 1982 and was made by steady Ed.

I can rember that Stelliacom was open in 1986 thats the first time I heard of it and played it. I heard lowell talk about woodland park but disc golf was band from being played there. lowell has a sign that says no disc golf allowed that was put up in the park years ago.

I dont know when Queen Elizabeth course went in but that was the only course we played in canada and that was the mid 80's.
              X - Man

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X