Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once heard someone (forgot who) say this for shots that flipped so bad that they became accidental cut rollers, dodged OB, and came back to the fairway, "Well that was so bad it was good again!"

My dad is a ball golfer and I have carried over much of his lingo. When you throw an approach way too hard and your disc is sailing past the basket: "Full flaps!". Or if you fear rolling away down a hill: "Grow teeth!"

Also from my dad, for some reason when he "pures his line" or drives down the center of the fairway, he says, "I hit it straight down the cock." I don't exactly get it, but I find it hilarious.

Of course there is a general shout if you mess up in any way. Just yell, "Nikko!" and slap your hands in disappointment.

As far as insults go, if someone left a putt short, you can ask them if their skirt flew up in their face before taking the putt. The more genuinely consoling you appear to be, the funnier it is.

Comment

Guy steps onto tee pad, a little overexcited, and grip-locks his drive into one of the closest trees it could have possibly hit... it's one of the most embarassing things that can happen to a golfer: "premature tree-jaculation."
      anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

I like singing, "I'm Sailing Awayyyyy" when discs are headed into the nasty stuff, I also like the word Shule, I try to find ordinary everday uses for it.
        PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
        dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Male chauvinistic statements:
          Princess Lay-up... Mrs. Dash.... does your husband play disc golf?(to a man)... next time throw your purse at it.... you really 'Sally-ed' that one.

Quote borrowed from the movie 'Kids'... "I have no legs... I have no legs... I have no legs."

It's common for top pro ball golfers to say "nice ball" when someone hits a good drive... so are the top pro dg'ers going to start saying "nice disc" all of the time?

When I first started dg, many of the locals at North Park(tightly wooded course) seemed to actually believe that saying "nice" while their disc was in flight would 'magically' make the disc hit a tree... some guys would actually get really pissed off at someone for saying "nice", truly convincing themselves that their disc was jinxed into hitting the ninja branch that reached out and thwarted their birdie effort.
          -- I have to admit though, I still break out a well timed 'nice' at NP once in a while, and boy does it seem to really work wonders... "nice... NICE!!... thwack.. ting!!"

I like to say "clean living" when someone gets a lucky break... or the proverbial "that guy must have a horseshoe up his ass."
          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

I have a friend who likes to chime in on errant throws to the tune of "not the way I would have played it" and I use one when you seem to hit every tree on any particular hole "nice job in using the whole course"

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
              "I got Horninged."
              Bob
              I've always called this getting Horned.
              Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
              PDGA #37890
              Stumptown #157
              ODW TDG 10-11
              3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Any ace run that sticks gets a "You Cubby'd that one" (for Cubbys ridiculous amount of aces)
                Any tree smash off a drive or approach is an "Enemy of Greenpeace."
                Any putt that rings and falls out is "Revenge of the links!" (usually screamed in a highlander announcer style voice)
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                  Any ace run that sticks gets a "You Cubby'd that one" (for Cubbys ridiculous amount of aces)
                  Hehe, I've seen guys on other message boards differentiate between their "aces" and their "Cubbies". If it goes in on the first throw, it's an ace, if it takes you two or three (or ten) tries, it's a Cubby.
                  Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

When I know I my throw is going to go past the the basket I say "Die!"
                    I tell my putter it sucks when I shank a putt.
                    After turning over a drive I'll tell it to "Get stable"

I just realized that I talk to my discs a lot
                    Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
                      Guy steps onto tee pad, a little overexcited, and grip-locks his drive into one of the closest trees it could have possibly hit... it's one of the most embarassing things that can happen to a golfer: "premature tree-jaculation."
                      That reminded me that when a shot slips out way too soon and is headed for some wrong basket, I say, "premature edisculation."
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Keep your lip off my disc

You know, some folks just don't like people talking to their discs.

Comment

Originally posted by motherhucker View Post
                          "Course correction" - when a disc is heading the wrong direction, hits a tree and goes in the right direction.

See also "Tree Love"
                          When a disc heading the right direction hits a tree and goes the wrong direction I say, "Tree Indifference".
                          "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Originally posted by KG_MCDGC View Post
                            "That's what she said" I say it till it's well beyond annoying, sorry!
                            There is a facebook page called - That's What She Said.
                            "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Back when I was on the submarine, "that's what she said," was usually followed by, "...and then the bed broke."
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Snaking a route through thick branches is taking the "Vaseline Alley."

Tree slap is: "Treefense"

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X