X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seatac hole's 14-18?

I've heard a rumor that no one has par'd the last 5 holes all in a row to finish out a round. Well during the second round at Seatac today, playin with Eric McGowan & Brandons Parsons, i managed to par out and salvage my 53. If i didn't throw O.B. over the fence on hole 4, it would've been a sweet bogey free round....damn.

Originally posted by KCrabtree View Post
    I've heard a rumor that no one has par'd the last 5 holes all in a row to finish out a round. Well during the second round at Seatac today, playin with Eric McGowan & Brandons Parsons, i managed to par out and salvage my 53. If i didn't throw O.B. over the fence on hole 4, it would've been a sweet bogey free round....damn.
    I don't know if the your the first or only, but thats pretty impressive! Those are some of the toughest holes in golf. The course record there is -3.
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Sure, I've parred out on holes 14-18 at SeaTac.

The pars are: 4, 4, 4, 5, and 5, right?

Great birdies and eagles, K-Crab!
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
        I don't know if the your the first or only, but thats pretty impressive! Those are some of the toughest holes in golf. The course record there is -3.
        Oh ok, cool. well our 1st round i went into hole 14 at 5 down, but bogey'd 3 out of the 5 to finish, only giving me a 52. It was a fun day still

Comment

Alot of the locals play five bucks to anybody in the group who pars the last five
          Read this ^

Comment

I think that it may have never been done in tournament play.

Heh, I know lots of people who haven't 3'd any of those holes. Ever.

I've nailed 14 a few times, 15 and 16 many times, 17 a few and 18 once.
            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

That's probably what it was, never in tournament play. that would be sweet tho!

Comment

Come play CoolShoez so I can witness the feat in person. There should be a special name for that accomplishment, a bogey-free back-five at SeaTac.

Kyle, let us know when you manage to birdie one of these holes. I saw Feldberg get 16, but no other birds that I know of...
                The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

That is awesome, Kyle!
                  The unofficial record at Sea Tac is -5 in a casual round by Ming. The tournament record is -3. I have seen Kenny Clark birdie #12 from about 180' and also witnessed Aaron Holley's birdie on #14 from 135'. Kenny has also birdied #17... The best I have ever done (on several occasions)is par 3 of the 5.
                  "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

I think Mike Leslie may have '3ed' 14-18' at the Jetwas last fall (first round).

Comment

Are any of those holes legit par 3?

Comment

That is excellent. There was another thread about this somewhere, but I can find it. Those five holes became known as "Amen Corner", a Masters golf reference. Our groups have a standing side bet of 5-for-5 on it.

Field Aces is what I heard called when someone gets a birdie any of holes 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, or 18. We also have $5 on a field ace.

Noteable birdies that I have witnessed are:

Hole 12: Mino Sharma
                        Hole 14: Tony Mebus, Jeff Smith
                        Hole 15: <none>
                        Hole 16: Jerry Bailey, Dave Feldberg
                        Hole 17: John Willard
                        Hole 18: <none>

Comment

Eff yeah!!! That is a hell of an achievement. Played SeaTac twice and both times I only threw par on 15. Almost hit par on 18 as well with a 120 foot Ringer throw. Hit chains but went straight to the center pole and back out.

I think my best on SeaTac turned out to be a 7 over.

Once again congrats Kyle and Washington disc golf is grateful as well.
                          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
                            That is awesome, Kyle!
                            The unofficial record at Sea Tac is -5 in a casual round by Ming. The tournament record is -3. I have seen Kenny Clark birdie #12 from about 180' and also witnessed Aaron Holley's birdie on #14 from 135'. Kenny has also birdied #17... The best I have ever done (on several occasions)is par 3 of the 5.
                            I'm pretty sure Kenny has also birdied #15.

Originally posted by Scott
                            Are any of those holes legit par 3?
                            Not in my book, no.
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

So are they all par 3's? I played there for the first time on sunday and was about six over with 5 holes to go. I found the last five to be very difficult and finished at 12 over. I was tired because we played 18 at Lakewood first but those are tough holes. If someone knows please tell me if all of the holes there at sea tasc are par threes. At any rate I truly enjoyed my first experience at both of those wonderful courses.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X