X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last day to play golf.

You just found out that tomorrow is going to be the last time you can play disc golf....EVER.

How will you spend your day?

For me? Maybe wake up at the Mud and throw a couple of rounds at the Mud. After that, I head to Trojan and spend the rest of the afternoon throwing all of my remaining plastic in the lake.

Milo followed by Milo and after that perhaps a little more Milo.

A couple of hours before dusk I go to Crown Point and start launching all but about 10 of my most prized discs (1st run sidewinder, money KC gazelle, the putter, the beat Roc, etc...). Those I give to friends who I hope will put them to good use.

Then I cry.

Why such a morbid thought, Scott?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      Milo followed by Milo and after that perhaps a little more Milo.

Then I cry.
      My thoughts exactly.
      "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

my most prized discs (1st run sidewinder, money KC gazelle, the putter, the beat Roc, etc...). Those I give to friends who I hope will put them to good use.
        uuuummm, yeah i'll take that one off your hands.
        May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

You'd have to fight Pittser for it. Good luck with that.

The Roc would go to Micah. It's the bell to his Pavlov's dog...
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

what?!

You'd have to fight Pittser for it. Good luck with that.
            WTF! That blue sidewinder doesn't call my name loudly enough???!!!
            I would train for a cagefight with Pittser for it for sure....or anyone else for that matter.

Of course I would only be fighting because the wall hanger disc would remind me of you...not because its blue...

What a depressing topic!

Comment

Dammit. I've let too many people look in my bag...

I'd pay to see a McGrew-Pittser cage match...
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Didn't mean to be morbid... Just a different way to phrase the old question
                "What's your favorite course" or "If you could only play one course...."

I like the Milo/Crown Point idea...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  Didn't mean to be morbid... Just a different way to phrase the old question
                  "What's your favorite course" or "If you could only play one course...."

I like the Milo/Crown Point idea...
                  I am thinking that the USDGC Winthrop course in Tournament set up looks like the place to die and go to DG heaven, although word on the street is that Delavega could be a close second. Hope to be able to play em both whilst still alive though. What do you say Scott, take this BT match on the road?
                  Training to be a bagger

Comment

Feh... played Dela and Milo makes Dela seem like its little kid brother.

Would like to get to Winthrop sometime soon, though...
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Feh... played Dela and Milo makes Dela seem like its little kid brother.
                      Are you kidding? I'd take Delaveaga over McIver any day.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

No... I am not kidding.

Dela is brown and ugly. Milo is green and beautiful.
                        Dela has many of the same shaped shots over and over. Milo mixes it up much more.
                        At Dela, you get to play with Californians. Say no more, really...

Dela wishes it had to offer HALF of what Milo offers. No contest, really.
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I'd agree with Sam (although to be honest, I've not played Milo). I played Dela last month, and it was a very good course ... but I expected more. It is brown and not as beautiful as some of our better courses in the NW. That being said, I know a course doesn't have to be green and picturesque to be a fantastic course. I was surprised that all the hype about Dela didn't match my expectations. In fact, I preferred the Lake Casitas course to Dela (and they also have a top-of-the world shot that I think is as good ... and it's a hell of a lot safer than Dela's with regards to spectators/other golfers, IMHO). If I could only play DG one last time, I'd bring along Halle Berry, Carmen Electra (and yes, Carmen Luvana too) and show them how to play ANY course, then I'd take them back to have some fun with me and my wife (sorry, I've been watching too much "Swingtown" on CBS).

Seriously, I'd pick (by reputation mind you) Milo, but if in WA would hit Sea-Tac, Lakewood and White River (then collapse in exhaustion ... especially after my lovely guests).

Wow, my second time on NW Disc Golf News was a doozy!

Comment

only got to play Dela once, and while certainly a sweet course, I'd have to give the nod to Milo too. I think one thing Milo has going for it, is that it's newer, and therefore able to improve upon what Dela has, design wise.

Dela is brown and dusty, but then it's also sunny and warm for most of the year. And it's got a lot more elevation in play than Milo. AND, lets not forget that its in Santa Cruz, home to many, many hot girls--a decent portion of whom actually do make it out onto the course. And, hole 27 has to be one of the best views in disc golf.

That being said though, Milo impresses with its sheer size (not just hole length, but size of the park and trees) and beauty. Its got 2 sets of pads (and great pads at that), is rarely crowded, and offers a great variety of shots.

Dela is like the original "serious" course, and Milo is in essence, its offspring. If I were to compare it to ball golf, I'd say Dela is like the Old Course at St. Andrews, and Milo is like Pebble Beach (pretty much exhausted my knowledge of famous golf courses there). Both are great courses and have a legacy behind them, but one is the shinier, newer version.

On a side note, its probably fortunate for Dela that it's so famous--I've never seen erosion so bad at a course before. I think if it were any other course, it would have been pulled out of the ground years ago.

Phew...need to moderate myself here and not start a whole new topic. If I only had 1 more day to play, I'd want to travel somewhere and play what's supposed to be the best DG experience. Dela and Milo are both sweet, but been there and done that. I'd probably pass on Winthrop--it looks fun, but kinda gimmicky hard. Courses on the short list: Idlewild in KY, Paw Paw in WV, courses in Charlotte, NC (Renaissance, Hornet's Nest, Charlotte's Web), the 3 courses at the PDGA headquarters, John Houck's Circle R Ranch in TX, Hawk Hollow in Spotsylvania, VA. There's also some semi-super-secret course being built in TX called Keohana I think. There used to be a thread on the PDGA boards about it, but got taken down from people trying to scout it out. Its being built by some super rich developer to incorporate 5 sets of tee pads (!) and all manner of landscape design, like digging out a pond, just to make a hole that'll have an island green.

*sigh* can you tell that its the end of the day, and I don't feel like doing work?
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Smith View Post
                              In fact, I preferred the Lake Casitas course to Dela (and they also have a top-of-the world shot that I think is as good ... and it's a hell of a lot safer than Dela's with regards to spectators/other golfers, IMHO).
                              I only got to play Casitas once, and that was when I was still pretty much a scrub golfer, and the course had just been installed. The rough was chest high grass laced with thistles, and I got to hear rattlesnakes for the first time. Lots of times. Still, even in that rough shape, it left an impression on me, and I really want to go back and play it again. It's definitely my favorite course in So Cal.
                              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X