Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably a round a Milo, Dabney, Pier.. followed by many rounds at Orchard Park huckin my Breeze collection as often as possible with my boys along to play too.
    Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

I would play Pyramids and Maple Hill in Leister, MA: 2 rounds at each, since they both have 2 sets of 18 on each, then if there was still time, I would play Buffumsville lake in Charleton, MA which is 20 min away and has 27 holes with HUGE pro pads for about 6-8 of them. Then I would drive off a cliff or something 'cause there would be nothing left to live for!!!! If anyone has played these courses, you will understand. I started playing in MA and there are a lot of excellent courses there, also Maine (Beauty and the Beast--Enman field--private) and Wickam park in Hartford, CT.
      We are truly spoiled in this area with KICKASS courses, but I really want to go back and play those in New England that I started on.

Comment

I played Dela once, after I had been playing for less than a year. I didn't throw it real well, and that probably affected my impression of it. I'd like to visit it again and see how I do now before I compare it to Milo.

And when I went in April, it was all lush and green. Even the poison oak.

Comment

I have played Circle R in Texas. It is 2 Houk courses, one on a rocky desert shelf, and then the second in a beautiful glade. I would say that John has incredible imagination and the courses play to whatever difficulty you can muster. It would be amazing what he could do with the trees, elevation and natural water available in Oregon. unfortunately the pro shop and amenities are about as trailer as it gets, but the courses are a must play any time you are near Austin. After a long day of playing there you will want to go into Austin and party like a rock star. The best happy hours ever! Unfortunately I didn't get to the second part due to being on a business trip.
          As far as Winthrop goes, find a pro on the planet who doesn't want a crack at that bad boy. I have a friend who played in the USDGC last year and could not say enough about how incredible the layout was. He said there was never a shot that didn't make him work for it.
          Training to be a bagger

Comment

I'd stay home.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I'm with Ol Bob, I'd stay home and reminisce.
              educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                Show off. Why do you gotta use big, hard to spell words. I had to look that last one up.
                Training to be a bagger

Comment

No, I'd be playing. Last chance for a personal best.

Comment

I'd go to Bob's home.... And then he'd beat me at golf, horse shoes, and probably bocce ball...
                    Last edited by zippyboy; September 21st, 2008, 05:40 AM.
                    TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                      The difference is that Bob has a course in his back yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        The difference is that Bob has a course in his back yard.
                        Actually, it's mostly in my front yard. True, it's in my back yard too. A bit in both side yards as well. Always a good reason to stay home.

Comment

Some awesome courses on this thread! Idlewild, Circle R, Maple Hill, are all some awesome places to play.

If I had one day to play and wanted to make a realistic game plan for courses to play, I'd go with:

Hawk Hollow, Spotsylvania VA (Big long tough course - my all-time favorite course)
                          Loriella, Spotsylvania VA (Tough course that always kicks my ass - one last chance for revenge )
                          Bluemont - Arlington, VA ("Home" and definitely my all-time favorite place to play )
                          Paw Paw - Paw Paw, WV (Not just disc golf but a spiritual experience - this would be the place to spend one last evening of disc golf)

Cool thread!
                          'Weekend 4 Women':
                          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

number nine, number nine, number nine

Tee # 9 at Whistlers Bend.........
                            With the mighty North Umpqua raging by in the background at high water speeds.
                            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                            - Anonymous

Comment

Wow, what an interesting thread, I'd probably warm up with a round on Rockwood and Vance, I know I can knock those out really early in the morning and they mean a lot to me. Then I'd play a round at Pier, my first course, then I'd finish the day playing at Milo, spending the whole day feeling so sad, this really would be a tough day for me. I'm young, I hope to be playing disc golf 50 years from now when golf is no longer playable due to the upkeep and the energy cost, and disc golf will take over.

As for the favorite course I can also vouch for Lake Casitas, that's probably the course I've enjoyed the most, not excessively long, filled up with numerous creative shots and lines. It also helps that I parked the top-of-the-world hole there (in the short.)

Oh, and I've also played Dela and I think I'd still take Milo like some others have said, I think it matches in variety of shot and it's more picturesque.
                              PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                              dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
                                ...when golf is no longer playable due to the upkeep and the energy cost, and disc golf will take over.
                                All disc golfers will be issued one of these:

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X