X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attachment detached

Today I mourn the loss of my five year relationship with my go to KC pro roc. The disc that was thrown when I wasn't sure what to throw, the crutch of my golf bag.

I usually let discs go very easy and just replace them, no worries. But this loss brought me sadness. Silly how a piece of plastic can make me feel like I lost a dog or something. oh well time to move on.

You will be remembered.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
    Today I mourn the loss of my five year relationship with my go to KC pro roc. The disc that was thrown when I wasn't sure what to throw, the crutch of my golf bag.

I usually let discs go very easy and just replace them, no worries. But this loss brought me sadness. Silly how a piece of plastic can make me feel like I lost a dog or something. oh well time to move on.

You will be remembered.
    Brother, I feel your pain. The $25 reward for my perfectly tuned 11x KC Pro Roc which I lost on the Horning's Canyon course over a year ago is still available. Still haven't come close to replacing it.

Comment

I lost my favorite Surge SS last fall at Champoeg, and have since tried to replace it with three other SSS's and a Rogue. None of them flies like the lost one.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Chris, where did you lose your Roc?
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
          Chris, where did you lose your Roc?
          Whiteriver hole 13. I am doubtfully hoping that it is caught up in the branches on the right short of the river. After looking for an hour and a half I am pretty sure it is in the water.
          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Our thoughts are with you. i too know your pain.
            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Get over there and dam that river you may still have time
              Read this ^

Comment

Don't give up hope Redfive. The story may continue when you least expect it.

Last year I lost my favorite go-to disc on the river hole at Arlington. As soon as it left my hand I thought "Why the f-ck did I just throw that disc?". It was the day before a tournament being held there too. The hole was a big anheizer hole and I left the "an" in my bag. It went 50 feet out, turned left and landed about 100 feet out in the middle of the raging Stillaguamish River (during flood season). I used that disc on at least half the holes out there. I was bummed, and I sucked during the tournament (but had fun)

About 6 months later I get a call from some crazy woman saying she found my disc near Arlington and would trade me for a case of beer. She described the disc and sure enough, it was the river disc. I told her it was only worth a 6 pack new, and she said if I just swung by her house she would give it to me for free.

So a buddy and I (I needed a friend because she sounded a little nuts) grabbed a 12 pack of Bud and drove over to her house. Her whole neighborhood (in a pretty scary part of Everett) were waiting to see if we would really show up.

The day before, this woman and about 4 of her neighbors went rafting down the Stilly. One of the guys had to piss, so they pulled the raft over directly under the I-5 bridge. One guy hiked away to pee and looked down while relieving himself and saw something orange sticking out of the sand. It was my disc. They joked about it and said they bet they could trade it for some more beer.

We ended up drinking the beer with her and her neighbors, taught them what disc golf was about, and made some new friends that day.

That disc traveled abot 6 miles downstream, buried itself in the sand, got pissed on, and found its way back to my bag.

It never flew correcty again, but I still love it just the same....

Good Luck..

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                  Her whole neighborhood (in a pretty scary part of Everett) were waiting to see if we would really show up.
                  That was probably close to my place if it's in the scary part of Everett. About once a week you see a guy without a shirt on his front lawn being arrested by officers with their guns drawn. It keeps things interesting around here though.
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I lost a well seasoned orange ontario roc yesterday in the water on hole 15 at Lakewood. If you happen to come across it, i'd really like that one back.

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                      Whiteriver hole 13. I am doubtfully hoping that it is caught up in the branches on the right short of the river. After looking for an hour and a half I am pretty sure it is in the water.
                      Found my disc at riverside last night with someone elses name on it. The name is of a riverside local. Goes to show how cool people can be. Glad to have it back, not too happy with the lame picture that is now on the front of my disc but the flight is a thing of beauty, exactly as I remember it when I misplaced it.

Please return discs that don't belong to you!
                      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

What I hate is when you get a call back about the disc and get it back and the person says they found it on a course you didn't lose the disc on! Usually it is beat to heck as well and obviously someone didn't call the #. I HATE THAT!

I am still in mourning for my tie dye eagle lost in the black berries at dabny and am in mourning of my yellow eagle lost a pier and returned on a course in SEATTLE and was so beat up you couldn't see the stamp anymore and couldn't tell what disc it used to be (see HATE above).
                        FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

im sending you all of my good thoughts and wishes. my roc love was lost at hornings for over 2 months (mights as well been a decade) and it finally found its way out of the bushes and back into my hands. also i threw a disc into the clackamas river at milo... thought id never see it again til a friend of mine spotted it during low waters and retrieved it. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! keep your head up, there are plenty of rocs in the sea... oh wait, is that an inappropriate comment? hehe take it easy

Comment

I know how you feel. Today i found a Tee-bird in the woods, then two holes later I threw it and lost it. I was really getting attached to it.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X