X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the Weather Been Crappy, Or What?

I know I should have made it a poll. I'm going to die of chair poisoning if things don't turn around pretty soon. Isn't there some great weather this time of year, most years? Basketball, hockey, wind, and rain. Sheesh. It just ain't right.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Yup. I'm unabashedly a fair-weather disc golfer, so I don't like to play unless it's above 45, not raining, and not horribly windy. And in the last couple months, there have only been a couple of days that met those criteria.

Overall, I really don't mind the rain -- I much prefer it to that raw, cold, east wind -- but it definitely reduces my DG time. Hopefully February will see some nicer days.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

A logger I knew said, "You've got rain, wind, and cold. Any one of them, by itself, is okay. Any two, in combination, suck."

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
        A logger I knew said, "You've got rain, wind, and cold. Any one of them, by itself, is okay. Any two, in combination, suck."
        Hmmm... that's very true. If I had to pick two though, I'd skip the cold and take the rain and wind... but I still wouldn't play DG in it.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Sissies!

No better way to enjoy the winter than to get out and golf in it... the only thing I won't play in is sleet...

I also find that it often isn't as bad as it first appears once I actually get out in it... however, I should cut y'all some slack and take back that sissy comment (but just 'cause I should doesn't mean I'm gonna...) as I am the type of girl who still loves to roll her pants up, strip off the shoes and socks, and stomp mole hills into mud holes in torrential down pours... my favorite musical? Singin' in the Rain, baby! What a glorious feeling... I'm happy again!

peace threw disc golf,
          em
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

i agree with rose. go to a course with good drainage and cover and you'll most likely be pleasantly surprised. Dexter is a good example. This is typical Oregon weather here people... get your asses out there soak up some of that rain...
            May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

I'll play in pretty much any weather as long as there isn't terrible winds. But rain, snow, freezing temps... I'll play in it all, with my camo shorts and knee socks. Haha
              Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
                i agree with rose. go to a course with good drainage and cover and you'll most likely be pleasantly surprised. Dexter is a good example. This is typical Oregon weather here people... get your asses out there soak up some of that rain...
                I agree that many of our local courses offer pretty good shelter from the weather. I love that courses like Pier and Hornings block the wind quite effectively. Ever since I started taking more steps to prepare for inclimate weather (Gore-tex shoes, multiple towels, etc.) I've become increasingly more unified with mother nature. Oh, and the weather yesterday was gorgeous! 50 degrees with no rain or wind. I got my 36 holes in. Sorry for all those people who had to work. I'll be in that boat again soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
                  I'll play in pretty much any weather as long as there isn't terrible winds. But rain, snow, freezing temps... I'll play in it all, with my camo shorts and knee socks. Haha
                  I love knee socks! My big sis got me cashmere/angora striped knee socks for Christmas and they are AMAZING! And stylish...
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I prefer winter golf. I hate crowded courses when the weather turns good. Nothing is worse than waiting in a back up on hole 1 at Pier and watching other groups walking down the path to try to jump ahead, causing bottlenecks out on the course. Then you get to hole 3 and there are the people that just finished 18 and trying to jump in front of you to play out 3 and 4 again. Once we had a guy jump in front of us on 9. We asked him why he thought it was OK and he said that the course was actually two 9's and you could start on whichever one you want. He quickly threw his drive and walked off before we could point out that according to his stupid logic he should have started on hole 10...

Comment

When it's hot we want rain, when it's raining we want it hot; I'm just glad there IS weather. The option (no weather) is pretty bleak, and I'll be at Pier this afternoon as usual, just waiting for it to be dark enough to start lighting the baskets. Bring it baby...
                      educate your thinking

Comment

...k, I'm a woos.

Comment

I never complain about summer weather; even on the hottest of days, it's always comfortable at 8:00 AM.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Cool - I'm going to have Rooster to myself this afternoon AGAIN!

Whoohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
                              Cool - I'm going to have Rooster to myself this afternoon AGAIN!

Whoohoo!

If again=yesterday, you werene't alone out there...it was a great day!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X