Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know where you are, Frisbeerose, but Seattle has only a 10% chance of rain (and only a 30 % chance of that) until 2 or so and Bellingham is DRY ALL DAY (and a 10% chance of that). What are the chances?
    What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Comment

Seriously, get the knee socks.

Originally posted by skaterdoc22 View Post
      I think frisbeerose has the right idea. Half the fun is in being out in the elements. And it is never as bad as you think it is. I have been running aound Juel (which is close by 4 me) in all weather. In the hot summer I layed in Bear Creek between 9's. I have slid across the frozen ice ponds and waded through large 4 inch deep puddles in my rubber boots. Juel is now basically a 38 acre swamp. One of my favorite times recently was probably mid october when the wind was causing it to snow leaves on us. I love the oxygen and the smells and the solitude. However I do not know if I will get any knee socks!!!!!!!!!

Comment

gosh it sucks in california, barely ever rains and blue skies like 300 days a year... gosh, so boring...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
          gosh it sucks in california, barely ever rains and blue skies like 300 days a year... gosh, so boring...
          *strangles Snap*

Don't make me fly down there just to golf with you in some purdy weather,, I will do it! I'm a park ranger and sit on my butt a lot in the winter. I can't think of any better excuse to pay 250.00 to play golf =]

Comment

Such lovely invitations fellas... me and my knee socks and my suby and her new fan belt and alternator will be sticking closer to home this weekend... need more practice out at Horning's before the Winter Hoedown next wekeend... but I'm always on the lookout for a good disc golf adventure... esp. up WA way... I've got some people on the Olympic Peninsula...

peace threw disc golf,
            emmmarose
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Yesterday it was Pier, but if you happen to know a Brock Johnson, I picked up his star Cro...I'll call the # on it tomorrow...it's a bit late for polite society now...

Originally posted by Takkunen View Post
              If again=yesterday, you werene't alone out there...it was a great day!
              Last edited by erp; January 16th, 2010, 07:10 PM. Reason: Fixed my but.

Comment

actually it more like 125 thru southwest when they have sales... today's ice bowl was a perfect 50-55 degrees.. wet in the morning, changed shoes n socks before each round... now home watching playoffs then hottub at halftime... gosh i need long distance instructions, i'm stuck at 375... ahhh sizzle in the nizzle...

Comment

yes and no... It is winter after all.
                  Throw What You Know.
                  "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                  PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                    I rarely refuse to play in any weather when someone else wants to huk with me. It's just gotten hard to drag myself out there alone to get soaked. I don't have good clothes for it and the good rain gear I have is the same as the crabbers wear. Not the best for hukking.
                    Someone get this man some gear! Sierra Trading post usually has good rain jackets for cheap... cause hukking in a rubber rain suit just won't work... gotta have the pit zips!
                    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Sorry, I only wear stuff from designer thrift stores.
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Today: Rain. Steady temperature around 38. Southeast wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
                        Had a nice round yesterday. Today, I think I'm ready for some football.

Comment

Best laid plans... A Levericher couple came here for the first time. I put the Jets/Colts game on the recorder and headed out into the cold windy and played 23 holes. I sucked. My clothes are hung up next to the wood stove. I might survive.

Comment

even with the weather as it was earlier in the week, and the one shower for 5 minutes on friday, it's been a champ weekend disc golfing at morley, played 4 rounds in 3 days and playing emerald isle tmw... so awesome... feels good considering got my new personal best of -4 during the last round. nice cool weather.. it gotten better up there for you guys yet?

Comment

Our weather's been fine the last week or so. We've even had a couple of beautiful sunny days with temps in the mid/upper 50's. The storm track is aimed at YOU.
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Only a handful of souls out braving Pier yesterday - I'm definitely investing in a pair of sealskins!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X