Has the Weather Been Crappy, Or What? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Crappy weather has made us all make more posts thought.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

    ~ Cyndi Lauper ~

    Comment


    • #17
      You just have to pick your moments.

      I managed to get 36 in at Lakewood last Sunday, and didnt get wet.

      Played Fircrest and Mineral Springs on Wednesday, a little soggy but playable.

      I played a few holes at Juel today, I managed to get an hour in the afternoon with no rain.
      The course is nasty, huge ponds guarding baskets, gooey fairways, #14 tee is sunk and leaning badly, as well as #8, which was under more than 6" of water, and ankle ambushing soft mole holes.
      I topped my high Goretex boots a couple of times retrieving discs.
      Good thing I brought a couple of floaters to throw.

      Pants were soaked, finger is split open from forcing too many forehands, but
      hey, I got some golf in this week.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
        I love knee socks! My big sis got me cashmere/angora striped knee socks for Christmas and they are AMAZING! And stylish...
        I think frisbeerose has the right idea. Half the fun is in being out in the elements. And it is never as bad as you think it is. I have been running aound Juel (which is close by 4 me) in all weather. In the hot summer I layed in Bear Creek between 9's. I have slid across the frozen ice ponds and waded through large 4 inch deep puddles in my rubber boots. Juel is now basically a 38 acre swamp. One of my favorite times recently was probably mid october when the wind was causing it to snow leaves on us. I love the oxygen and the smells and the solitude. However I do not know if I will get any knee socks!!!!!!!!!

        Comment


        • #19
          It's still gonna suck at Mossy Roc tomorrow. But last year it was sleeting and freezing to the moss covered everything- not the best day for a worst-disc tourney- second round was canceled because the 1st took so long. Best shot at Mossy Roc, YEAH!
          What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by skaterdoc22 View Post
            I think frisbeerose has the right idea. Half the fun is in being out in the elements. And it is never as bad as you think it is. I have been running aound Juel (which is close by 4 me) in all weather. In the hot summer I layed in Bear Creek between 9's. I have slid across the frozen ice ponds and waded through large 4 inch deep puddles in my rubber boots. Juel is now basically a 38 acre swamp. One of my favorite times recently was probably mid october when the wind was causing it to snow leaves on us. I love the oxygen and the smells and the solitude. However I do not know if I will get any knee socks!!!!!!!!!
            c'mon man... I'm sure you could rock the knee socks... it just makes me feel so much more golferish... a jaunty cap and a nice pair of knee socks (I especially love the argyle, but am more and more becoming super fond of the stripes... )

            peace,
            em
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
              c'mon man... I'm sure you could rock the knee socks... it just makes me feel so much more golferish... a jaunty cap and a nice pair of knee socks (I especially love the argyle, but am more and more becoming super fond of the stripes... )

              peace,
              em
              I don't rock the argyle or stripe, just regular soccer socks. But I do find them more comfortable than trying to wear pants, plus dirt can no longer get into my socks (something I was constantly having a problem with when wearing short socks).
              Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

              DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by skaterdoc22 View Post
                I think frisbeerose has the right idea. Half the fun is in being out in the elements. And it is never as bad as you think it is. I have been running aound Juel (which is close by 4 me) in all weather. In the hot summer I layed in Bear Creek between 9's. I have slid across the frozen ice ponds and waded through large 4 inch deep puddles in my rubber boots. Juel is now basically a 38 acre swamp. One of my favorite times recently was probably mid october when the wind was causing it to snow leaves on us. I love the oxygen and the smells and the solitude. However I do not know if I will get any knee socks!!!!!!!!!
                The best time of year at Juel is late summer early fall when you have a buffet of blackberries, plums, apples, and salmon berries.

                My personal best round I ever had on the old layout was on a very very wet and windy november day.

                P.S. Don't let the city folk or nature walkers see you in the creek. They don't want us stinky golfers anywhere near there.

                When I was a kid before there was any Juel Park I used to jump in the creek from the bridge on 116th and follow it all the way to my moms house on Mink Road right near Woodinville Duvall Road. A couple miles the other way (with the flow) I had several friends who lived near the creek and we would walk up and down all summer long
                Read this ^

                Comment


                • #23
                  Playing in crappy weather makes me better appreciate the sky when its blue.
                  Click here

                  Challenge disc golf

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                    Playing in crappy weather makes me better appreciate the sky when its blue.
                    ... and gives one the upper hand in tournies against all them fair weather golfers...
                    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                      ... and gives one the upper hand in tournies against all them fair weather golfers...
                      The possibility of crappy weather is just one more reason I don't play in tournies.
                      Oregon disc golf map

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                        The possibility of crappy weather is just one more reason I don't play in tournies.
                        you're a man who knows how to take care of himself... one of my hugest peeves is folks bitchin' on the golf course... I mean, c'mon, nobody's making you play... and there's no shame in snugglin' up on the sofa with a cup of cocoa and the latest Danielle Steele... if that's what fuzzes your peach anyway...
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          And the weather has cleared for tomorrow!!! Get out and play!!
                          What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by The Course Bro View Post
                            And the weather has cleared for tomorrow!!! Get out and play!!
                            You better not be pullin' my chain... tears of joy just beaded in the corners of my eyes (it's been a rough day... and I'm really looking forward to golf tomorrow... regardless of the weather)

                            peace,
                            em
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I rarely refuse to play in any weather when someone else wants to huk with me. It's just gotten hard to drag myself out there alone to get soaked. I don't have good clothes for it and the good rain gear I have is the same as the crabbers wear. Not the best for hukking.
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                                You better not be pullin' my chain... tears of joy just beaded in the corners of my eyes (it's been a rough day... and I'm really looking forward to golf tomorrow... regardless of the weather)

                                peace,
                                em
                                well em...u r welcome to come to lakewood on sunday with me and my grp... well be there around 10 am

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X