X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DG mentioned on Daily Show

Anyone else see the brief mention of 'Frisbee Golf' on the Daily Show for Jan. 11, 2010? Stewart sad that frisbee golf 'was even sadder' than real golf, which is sadder than terrorist golf.

I'll let someone else (with more spare time this morning) dig up and post a link to the clip, but if you go to hulu.com it's about 5:10 into the show.

When I saw it, I wondered how to take it. I wondered how a whole room full of writers would have settled on it. Well, it certainly was exposure.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Daily Show Frisbee Golf mention

Start watching at about the 5 minute point . . .

Daily Show Frisbee Golf mention, how sad we are

I thought it was kinda funny. We are an interesting group of characters; I'll give him that . . .

-Derek

www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

Ironic that he openly acknowledges that his fan base is a bunch of stoned couch monkeys and then attacks them.

I'm guessing there will be some significant blowback to the show, maybe resulting in a segment (which will not likely be a pro-disc golf bit, but should be hilarious depending on the correspondent selected...)

In fact, I think I'll head over to Comedy Central and see what I can do to snark them into submission (all while maintaining the dignity and aplomb you may have come to expect from me here...)

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
          I'm guessing there will be some significant blowback to the show, maybe resulting in a segment (which will not likely be a pro-disc golf bit, but should be hilarious depending on the correspondent selected...)
          You're joking right? I could tell that John Stewart was, but with you its difficult.
          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

SAD: Seasonally Affective Discing

...has me a little under the weather.

Comment

Yea I wasn't happy when it came up. I was like WTF? Did I just see John Stewart rank on disc golf. All I could think was why?

Comment

I think my intent was more light-hearted than came across, so I apologize for your dissolution.

Mr. Stewart and I were both joking, and I'd wager a quarter that there will be a rousing response to the quip from DGers that will result in the Daily Show sending a correspondent disc golfing [hilarity ensues]

Anyone got a quarter?

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                You're joking right? I could tell that John Stewart was, but with you its difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by TREX View Post
                  Yea I wasn't happy when it came up. I was like WTF? Did I just see John Stewart rank on disc golf. All I could think was why?
                  Ah... don't be so sore... he's an equal opportunity ranker... so it's cool, right?
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

If I boycotted that hour, it would cut my teevee viewing about in half. I was much more pissed to see Stewart toadying up to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff the other night. But still, it's among the best things to be seen in the "vast wasteland."

Back before NPR jerked their BBS out from under us old timers there, I saw gags I'd penned in the NPR Community thread show up on the Daily Show too many times for it to have been chance. I know one of their writers was picking up my stuff.
                    Last edited by Ol' Bob; January 12th, 2010, 05:38 PM.

Comment

I'd hate to see the sorry state of TV without Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. The FOX truly would be guarding the henhouse
                      If only my discs would go where I want them to instead of where I throw 'em.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X